It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown traders appear to have anticipated October 7 Hamas attack, research finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Link

Bets against the value of Israeli companies spiked in the days before the October 7th Hamas attacks, suggesting some traders may have had advance knowledge of the looming terror attack and profited off it, according to new research released Monday.

The preliminary research, which hasn’t been peer reviewed, is from law professors at Columbia University and New York University and details a “significant” and “unusual” spike five days before the attacks in short selling in the most popular fund linked to Israeli companies. Short selling is a way to bet against the value of a security.

Those bets against the value of the MSCI Israel Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) in the days before the October 7 attack “far exceeded” the short selling activity that took place during the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2014 Israel-Gaza war and the 2008 global financial crisis, the paper finds.

“Our findings suggest that traders informed about the coming attacks profited from these tragic events,” the authors wrote.

Whoah!

I don't even know what to comment right now.

I guess, until it's pier reviewed and verified we shouldn't be trusting this fully. But if it turns out true?

Whoah again.

Who are the secret traders that knew ahead of time?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Iran based?

I would hate to think otherwise....

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Got it already -

ATS Thread - Israel Investigates Possible Trading Knowledge Ahead of Oct 7 Hamas Attack

My bad, didn't notice. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
My bad, didn't notice. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What a coincidence! A lot of money was made on Wall St. after 9/11, too.

A "thorough" investigation revealed that the trading that seemed to have foreknowledge of 9/11 was "not terrorism related."

Depending on who profited, a similar conclusion may be reached here.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Iran based?

I would hate to think otherwise....
Me too.

God forbid they were Jewish.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Same thing happened before 9/11.

originally posted by: Mahogani
Link

Bets against the value of Israeli companies spiked in the days before the October 7th Hamas attacks, suggesting some traders may have had advance knowledge of the looming terror attack and profited off it, according to new research released Monday.

The preliminary research, which hasn’t been peer reviewed, is from law professors at Columbia University and New York University and details a “significant” and “unusual” spike five days before the attacks in short selling in the most popular fund linked to Israeli companies. Short selling is a way to bet against the value of a security.

Those bets against the value of the MSCI Israel Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) in the days before the October 7 attack “far exceeded” the short selling activity that took place during the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2014 Israel-Gaza war and the 2008 global financial crisis, the paper finds.

“Our findings suggest that traders informed about the coming attacks profited from these tragic events,” the authors wrote.

Whoah!

I don't even know what to comment right now.

I guess, until it's pier reviewed and verified we shouldn't be trusting this fully. But if it turns out true?

Whoah again.

Who are the secret traders that knew ahead of time?

new topics

top topics

join