It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Killed In Frakked Up Traffic Stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm out of the loop with local news but did hear about this and wanted to see what happened. Poor Troopers on I-15 doing a routine traffic stop and got run over by another drunk driver.

Dammit, for all the grief cops get for being cops, then there's this. So sad to see this happen. Dammit, don't drink and drive, FFS. It's not that hard and you won't go killing people.

This one is for those who go TO the fire instead of just looking at it. First responders have my utmost respect but damn, this was supposedly "routine".

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 1222023 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 1222023 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I too have admiration and respect for first responders.

It is always sad to lose a life, but to lose one of value, in the sense that this person risks his or her own life to protect ours, it hits a little harder.

I do wish people were more aware of the value of life itself.

Many throw it away or make excuses to take another's.

Some go so far as to manipulate others to sacrifice theirs for their own personal gains.

And a terrible truth of today is that many of these people are among the most powerful people on the planet.

And they know each other...

I went on a tangent, my bad, but I'm just saying...

It's true.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Well it's a damn good tangent and I agree with all you posted.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I'm out of the loop with local news but did hear about this and wanted to see what happened. Poor Troopers on I-15 doing a routine traffic stop and got run over by another drunk driver.

Dammit, for all the grief cops get for being cops, then there's this. So sad to see this happen. Dammit, don't drink and drive, FFS. It's not that hard and you won't go killing people.

This one is for those who go TO the fire instead of just looking at it. First responders have my utmost respect but damn, this was supposedly "routine".

news.yahoo.com...

Clearly the laws already in place for vehicular manslaughter incidents are just not incentive enough. How to deter drivers who lack the IQ of a sponge?

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Laws only work after the fact. They surely don't prevent drunk driving here in Vegas with a bar on every street corner. Neither do laws against murder. It's just the way it is. Everyone feels invincible whether drunk or not and people will always drive after having too many.

ETA: These guys were thrown over the freeway and landed on the streets below. That's a helluva fall, plus the momentum to carry them over the freeway. That's a pretty intense distance they were thrown. I hope they weren't alive during the hit and fall, that would be horrendous.
edit on 1232023 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I read one made it to the hospital. The other was declared at the scene.

I don't think the driver even noticed them. He had double the alcohol limit many hours after the incident.

And TzarChasm, please stop insulting sponges.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: TzarChasm

Laws only work after the fact. They surely don't prevent drunk driving here in Vegas with a bar on every street corner. Neither do laws against murder. It's just the way it is. Everyone feels invincible whether drunk or not and people will always drive after having too many.

It's not the laws unfortunately. It's the penalties, or lack thereof. There's no fear anymore of repercussions for doing illegal things.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I read one made it to the hospital. The other was declared at the scene.

I don't think the driver even noticed them. He had double the alcohol limit many hours after the incident.

And TzarChasm, please stop insulting sponges.

It was a subtle reference to the SpongeBob episode where he wants to get his license.

join