It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US absurd laws - NBA star accused of pedophilia.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I do not justify pedophilia. In this case, it simply was not.

As I said before, it depends on the culture a lot. Coming from a first world European country, where the age of consent is 14, culturally, a case like that is somewhat acceptable here due to small age difference. If the guy was 25 or 30, it people would look at it critically.

And what if the girl lied about her age? They met at a bar. To get in, she must have had fake documents.

edit on 1-12-2023 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2023 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

A 21 year old should NOT be in a sexual relationship with a 15 year old.
16 year old or possibly 17 year old I can sort of get, but definitely not a 21 year old.

They allegedly met in a bar?
I can remember way back in the day when I was in my late teens-early twenty's me and my mates were always very cautious about girls who looked borderline 18 years old - possibly one of the reasons why from the age of 16 onwards I had quite a few relationships with females who were older than me but perhaps best not to gp there in this thread.

Not sure if its pedophilia as such. Many 15 year olds are very mature looking.
If the guy has knowing had a sexual relationship with her then he needs to be punished in full accordance with the law - absolutely no excuses whatsoever.
If she has misled him about how old she is then I guess a case may be made for a certain amount of leniency.

I have a daughter, fortunately long since passed being 15 years old - I will not go into details what I would have done if a 21 year old had been in a sexual relationship with her when she was that young.
But one question; where were the parents or guardians of the girl?

Certainly not trying to shift blame and obviously we aren't aware of all the related facts and details but in this day and age?

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Double post.

edit on 1/12/23 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Umm dude if you don't see the problem then you may be part of the problem.
Just sayin dude.
When an adult is looking at someone with those intentions whomever can't even legally drive on their own then....well I'm sure you can get what I'm getting at.
He deserves everything thrown at him. Completely unacceptable.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This is possibly the worst OP i have ever read on here.

There is no excuse. You woulldn't sell a beer to a 15 year old girl without at least seeing her ID yet you expect us to believe that a guy can have a relationship with her without realising she isnt 21? No way man.

Dude needs locking up to protect all the other teenage girls from him.
edit on stpFri, 01 Dec 2023 04:41:32 -060020232023-12-01T04:41:32-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
They are white he's going to prison. No protections for being a special class.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:39 AM
link   

An information recently surfaced of a 21-year-old Oklahoma City Thunder basketball player Josh Giddey having relationship with a 15 year old highschooler. Now he is facing charges of pedophilia with a potential sentence up to 15 years and a sexual offender status for the rest of his life.

The line is there for a reason.

If your 21 and hitting on a 15-year-old girl or having sex it's pedophilia and should be dealt with accordingly.

A 15-year-old is considered a child, and 21-year-old, a full grown man where i hail from.

So that would be statutory rape here in the UK.

edit on 1-12-2023 by andy06shake because: No need for the last paragraph its just inflamitory

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join