It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supreme Court of Russia declared the LGBT movement extremist and banned it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Today, a meeting of the Supreme Court of Russia took place, which considered the claim of the Ministry of Justice to recognize the LGBT movement as extremist and to ban it in Russia. The Supreme Court satisfied the claim in full.

Accor ding to the Vedomosti newspaper,

“The Supreme Court granted the claim of the Ministry of Justice to recognize the LGBT movement as extremist and ban its activities in Russia, a Vedomosti correspondent reports. The court considered the claim without the participation of the defendant for three hours.

The hearing was held behind closed doors - without listeners and media representatives. Less than ten activists supporting the movement gathered near the Armed Forces building on Povarskaya Street in Moscow, without posters or symbols.

According to the decision of Judge Oleg Nefedov, structural divisions of the organization were also recognized as extremists and banned. The decision comes into force and is subject to execution immediately."

It is noted that the court decision will not affect the private life of Russians with non-traditional orientation.

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Good job for them. To bad we didnt do that over here in the states.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wow that is a bit extremis, but darn they went to the head of the snake before it started to multiply.

All I want is to get the darn targeting of young people body mutilations in the US banned until they are over 21 and made their own decisions.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Good. Tired of all this garbage.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That's very interesting! In the US Gay Pride and all that comes with it ( preferential treatment, teaching 'gender choice' to pre-school children, etc.) has become a mass movement-with billions of dollars funding it. It's created a massive division among citizens that often leads to violent confrontation.

Most non-gay Americans don't care what another persons' preferences are, they just don't want it being 'taught' to children , as we now have some very confused young people who have had their sexuality neutered through hormone suppressing drugs and gender surgery.

Since the Gay Movement, we've become a country of 'movements' and protests and/or riots for everything under the sun, demanding special treatment for skin color, ethnicity, gender, reparations for descendants whose ancestors were slaves, support for and against current military actions and just about anything else the news wants to use to keep people riled up and divided.

In my lifetime I think the only movement that had a positive outcome was the Civil Rights movement, because most people thought it was abhorrent to treat another human being poorly solely on the basis of their skin color.

I'm curious as to the percentage of Russians who are still active in religion; in the US participation in church has been steadily declining for a few decades and the lack of a moral compass being taught shows in society as a whole.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Adlow75yo

Good job for them. To bad we didnt do that over here in the states.

Well, we here in the United States have a Constitution that forbids government impingement on the right to assemble, free speech/expression and the freedom of religion and religious expression.

edit on 2620232023k39America/Chicago2023-11-30T09:39:26-06:0009am2023-11-30T09:39:26-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sadly, that also lets certain groups get away with things they shouldn't be allowed to.....

link   
a reply to: nugget1

Hello, thanks for your comment. This is why I support Trump. Not because he allegedly supports Russia. We don't need to be supported. When Trump was president, he did a lot of things that were against Russia. But he did things that benefited US national interests. My position is let all countries and nations prosper. It is possible to conduct dialogue with such countries and make decisions that will meet the national interests of all.
Yesterday or the day before yesterday the World Russian Council took place in Moscow. Excellent program speeches by Putin and Patriarch Kirill. Maybe I'll post a thread with these performances. Result: Russia is for an equal, fair and just world order, when the interests of everyone are taken into account in the Agreement. At the Council, the approximate number of churched Orthodox Christians who live exclusively according to God's laws was announced. There are about 10% of them in Russia now.
I am like that, but I don’t consider myself truly churchgoer. I'm a sinner. Therefore, I am not included in this 10%, but I strive to be there.

Sincerely.

link   

Since the Gay Movement, we've become a country of 'movements' and protests and/or riots for everything under the sun

Was that before or after the Race Riots and the Civil Rights movement?
edit on 5020232023k42America/Chicago2023-11-30T09:42:50-06:0009am2023-11-30T09:42:50-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Hello, thanks for your comment. This is why I support Trump. Not because he allegedly supports Russia. We don't need to be supported. When Trump was president, he did a lot of things that were against Russia. But he did things that benefited US national interests. My position is let all countries and nations prosper. It is possible to conduct dialogue with such countries and make decisions that will meet the national interests of all.
Yesterday or the day before yesterday the World Russian Council took place in Moscow. Excellent program speeches by Putin and Patriarch Kirill. Maybe I'll post a thread with these performances. Result: Russia is for an equal, fair and just world order, when the interests of everyone are taken into account in the Agreement. At the Council, the approximate number of churched Orthodox Christians who live exclusively according to God's laws was announced. There are about 10% of them in Russia now.
I am like that, but I don’t consider myself truly churchgoer. I'm a sinner. Therefore, I am not included in this 10%, but I strive to be there.

Sincerely.

So, more government control.

The people will eventually win.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The U.S. and Russian Federation have different set up. In the U.S. we have a religious devotion to the Bill of Rights. We worship individual freedoms. So right of assembly is paramount over government interferences.

Russia, however, has its citizen rights enumerated in the Constitution itself:

Article 29
Everyone shall be guaranteed freedom of thought and speech.
Propaganda or agitation, which arouses social, racial, national or religious hatred and hostility shall be prohibited. Propaganda of social, racial, national, religious or linguistic supremacy shall also be prohibited.
Nobody shall be forced to express his thoughts and convictions or to deny them.
Everyone shall have the right freely to seek, receive, transmit, produce and disseminate information by any legal means. The list of types of information, which constitute State secrets, shall be determined by federal law.
The freedom of the mass media shall be guaranteed. Censorship shall be prohibited.
Article 30
Everyone shall have the right of association, including the right to establish trade unions for the protection of his (her) interests. The freedom of activity of public associations shall be guaranteed.
Nobody may be compelled to join any association or to stay there.
Article 31
Citizens of the Russian Federation shall have the right to assemble peacefully, without weapons, hold rallies, mass meetings and demonstrations, marches and pickets.
constitution-Russia_2014#s166

So basically, just call something Propaganda which incites social hatred, per article 29, and boom! It's illegal. Very convenient way to cancel articles 30 and 31.

Russia is Cancel Culture. And many Americans who like their own opinions to be free but not the opinions of others to be free would appreciate government run cancel culture.

Maybe Russia is open to accepting immigration of anti-LGBT Americans.

edit on 30-11-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don’t know the exact text of the US Constitution, but now the Russian Constitution, which was recently amended, says that the main source of power in Russia is its multinational people.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Good job Russia!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They're on the right track,good for Russia this time.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I don’t know the exact text of the US Constitution, but now the Russian Constitution, which was recently amended, says that the main source of power in Russia is its multinational people.

But not multi-sexual orientation.

Guess they are not people.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The Supreme Court of Russia declared the LGBT movement extremist and banned it

That'll make the Muslim countries happy.
LGBTQ is against the law in them and it carries the death penalty.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

In Russia, especially in the information space, there are very, very many posts and messages about families from Western countries, including the United States, who, despite enormous difficulties, moved to Russia precisely because of the reason that because of LGBT they are not see a future for their children and families in their countries.
Welcome.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: FullHeathen

In Russia, especially in the information space, there are very, very many posts and messages about families from Western countries, including the United States, who, despite enormous difficulties, moved to Russia precisely because of the reason that because of LGBT they are not see a future for their children and families in their countries.
Welcome.

How neanderthal.

No offense to neanderthals.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Russias a sovereign state, they can do as they wish.

For those celebrating the idea and wishing it here, I implore you all to do a thought experiment.

If the Supreme Court here banned the LGBT movement, I imagine it would be classified as a political movement or lobbyist org at the least.

That would set precedent and next on the list could be (but not limited to) the following

Pro life
Any kind of religious lobby
Fringe political movements
Ect.

I don’t necessarily agree with the LGBT movement in their current form. I think Americans should have the freedom to do whatever they wish as long as it doesn’t infringe on other peoples lives (which the organization flirts with).

But we tolerate other unpalatable organizations. There’s a Nazi group in America, they’re not a threat because we defeat them with speech and ideas. If they did have as much of a movement they would surely be more of a threat to America than a coalition of gays and multigendered.

You defend the rights of those you disagree with the most to protect your own rights. If you start going after the groups easiest to address, the lines get blurred and all of a sudden you’re defending a group your in.

No one learned from the patriot act and the liberal use of the word terrorism… and then they complained after Jan 6 it got used against them. Which party implemented the foundation for that? The timing and scope seemed sensible, and anyone who wrote an article questioning it at the time was unpatriotic or terrorist sympathizers.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Muslims make up 20% of Russia's population. Islam is one of the traditional religions in Russia. We have been living together for centuries and have not made any distinctions for a long time. Any Russian Muslim in the trenches considers himself Russian. This phenomenon is now possible only in Russia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join