It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'HORRIBLE' NFL fans Acccuse League of Being ‘Scripted and Rigged’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

originally posted by: TheSkepticGuy23
There is an increasingly popular sports conspiracy theory on various social channels that for the past five years, the teams meeting in the Super Bowl have been picked ahead of time... based on the chosen colors in the upcoming Super Bowl logo.

You heard it here first, folks.

49ers and Ravens this year. Let's do it, I'll bet 47 cents on the Eagles.

I wanted to post an update here, because I just took a look at the playoff schedule......

You know who's still in it? The Ravens and the 49ers.

Which also happened to be my prediction almost a month and half ago based on colors.

I can't wait to see if I'm right

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

You too? Wish I bet when the odds were way lower. +220 vs. +330 isn't quite the same.

a reply to: Degradation33

The Ravens will face The 49ers.

This has become like betting on the Madden cover to get injured in the 2000s.

Well here is the official pre-logo for Superbowl LIX

Smart move on their part adding something close to "old gold".

They do voodoo and sh*t there. I wouldnt be surprised if New Orleans would do that. They seem to want to face The LA Chargers, Broncos, Bills, or Titans.

edit on 8-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Definitely feels like the league has been scripted for years. Superbowls just aren't as fun as they used to be. Feel like the advertisers call all the shots.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Excellent Thread. Very informative input from people who know what they're talking about.

I'm most suspicious of the NBA.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

There's more money in selling (and buying*) broadcasting rights when the teams that draw the largest viewing figures win the most often (compared to any money made when fixing matches for gambling purposes). Success increases viewer ratings for that fanbase. (*: for the advertising revenue)

So what do you get to see in all sports where money plays a big factor (i.e. all popular sports where broadcasting rights are worth a significant amount), the biggest markets always win, on a rotating basis. For example, with the FIFA WC, the biggest sport in the world, it's always the biggest most wealthiest markets where the broadcasting rights are already sold for a high amount that win, a potential growth market may have some sporadic limited success (a QF or SF, or the first time they make it out of the group stage). The biggest markets for soccer/football in the world currently are (in order of size):

Germany
France

then a small gap, to...

Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Spain (remember, it's not just the absolute population number we're talking about here, but also the wealth of the viewing audience that determins advertising revenue and thus the value for broadcasting rights).

Incidentally, all WC winners of the last 50 years have come from that list. Also, Germany won the WC in Italy (1990) and Italy won the WC in Germany (2006), France won in France (1998). In terms of location of the tournament, timezones are an important factor in relation to viewer ratings. Brazil and Argentina won all their WC's outside Europe*, the first 4 out of 6 in their own timezones (Argentina, USA and Mexico twice, by the way, Argentina won in Argentina '78, people have been convicted in court for matchfixing during that tournament, in particular concerning Argentina-Peru). (*: I'm only talking about the last 54 years, since the 1970 WC, of course, in 1966 the WC was in England, guess who won their only WC win ever?)

It's easier for the fans to blame the refs, or it's better for those with money invested to get the fans to put the blame on the refs rather than suspecting their favorite players to be as much actors as those doing WWF (WWE) wrestling.

Of course, I'm not claiming anything, just pointing out some suspiciously looking facts. This was just one example from one sport.

And this isn't acting, he took one shot at goal in the whole tournament (unlike certain other players who need many uncontested* shots for the same endresult, *: not under too much pressure from defenders getting in the way, keepers conveniently being wrongfooted, sometimes even refusing to stick out their hand when the ball is within reach):

Too bad they had to play 'the bad guys' against more popular Spain in the final.
edit on 14-1-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join