It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1 in 5 college students say they sympathize with Hamas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
Omfg.

What war?! I mean sure, it’s coming. But no one likes rapists anyway. Nor US college students for that matter.

But we lost the war when we let identity politics take over for what use to be fearsome war-fighters.

Was a CSG group sunk? Did we launch those missiles from that sub yet? Has the CIA mismanaged their attempt to assassinate Iranian leadership?

Yawn.

Works better if you quote the post you are ranting about, just saying...

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It was mine.

Apparently some college kid had time on his hands in-between protests and scaring Jewish students.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I know the positives of foregoing a "college degree".

It isn't about that either the fact is though you may be successful sans a degree doesn't address the masses going to college and the other chunk that also live on social media.

I'm lucky my daughters were well out of college by the time this has all been hyped up

But respectfully the point is exactly nobody is challenging them to the indoctrination they are receiving unless we are going to call and talk to them one by one. Not to mention 90% of them wouldn't listen to an old fart like me even if I could talk to every one of them. A little bit of that is restless immaturity but younger generations don't exactly respect the older generations thoughts on a lot of issues. A long with likely much more engaged with current events than my generation would ever be yours too probably, I'd wager less than 15% of my senior class in high school would have been interested in protesting anything much less actually doing so.

Now they are getting lots of participation in all kinds of protests and they believe they do not need to be explained too, these ill-informed kids want to do the explaining to you.

Well, they can protest their way right into a Barista job for the rest of their lives. I told my sons you do not want to be in competition with MIT grads your whole life, the large percentage that ends up sucking makes your lives easier. I care less about protesting...

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Then give them a rifle and send them to protect Palestinian children from HAMAS. This is not COD.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Apparently, some college kid had time on his hands in-between protests and scaring Jewish students.

So that is an interesting point. My one son's 3 roommates complained they had like 3 hours a week of homework for the crap degrees they were trying to get, and two dropped out on even really easy degrees. My son in EE had roughly 6+ hours a night of homework and the weekends were to catch up on homework he needed to, so easily 10 hours on each day of the weekend. He showed me problems that took 4 hours just to solve one, for example.

My other son is in ROTC to be a doctor, tonight I asked him if he was keeping up on his golf skills for fun and he went off on me that he has no time for anything but school, so maybe these college kids have too much time on their hands and should have been worrying about tomorrows homework..

I would bet not too many in STEM degrees are protesting...
edit on x30Mon, 27 Nov 2023 21:53:39 -06002023330America/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2023 21:53:39 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My youngest is at JB Sam Houston studying biomedical engineering.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Then give them a rifle and send them to protect Palestinian children from HAMAS. This is not COD.
I agree. Let’s send American children to fight for Hamas while we send our American military to fight for Israel. Should be pretty cool. Especially since both the Arab world and Jewish one would like to see New Babylon obliterated.

I’ll make popcorn.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Is he protesting...I rest my case...

We were bad dads not to play the participation trophy game. lol

edit on x30Mon, 27 Nov 2023 21:56:13 -06002023330America/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2023 21:56:13 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Is he protesting...I rest my case...

lol

I texted him earlier, he said, "I'M STUDYING!"

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

What you are not going to fight for the palestines to be free, from Israel?

Darn with all that support I though you will be line.

Propaganda is a biatch.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

We were bad dads not to play the participation trophy game. lol

Boomers dads are the worst.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I agree. Let’s send American children to fight for Hamas while we send our American military to fight for Israel. Should be pretty cool. Especially since both the Arab world and Jewish one would like to see New Babylon obliterated.

I’ll make popcorn.

We should let them walk the walk... Israel doesn't need our boots on the ground, BUT if these kids feel so strongly they can join Hamas, I hope all the queers for Hamas go... now that would be a popcorn event.

edit on x30Mon, 27 Nov 2023 21:59:10 -06002023330America/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2023 21:59:10 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

What you are not going to fight for the palestines to be free, from Israel?

Darn with all that support I though you will be line.

Propaganda is a biatch.

What?

I support American philistines.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm going to retire in northern San Antonio in a few years. My last 5 years were at HQ at Randolph AFB and I loved it. Sam Houston was the start of the Air Force if anyone didn't know.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I support Americans, period... There is nothing afterwards....

edit on x30Mon, 27 Nov 2023 22:13:50 -06002023330America/ChicagoMon, 27 Nov 2023 22:13:50 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I’ll make popcorn.

We should let them walk the walk... Israel doesn't need our boots on the ground, BUT if these kids feel so strongly they can join Hamas, I hope all the queers for Hamas go... now that would be a popcorn event.

Fair enough.

But you know Uncle Sam, and his big stick.
Someone needs some tough love and policing.

And if only there was some kinda incentive. Oh wait! They just discovered all kinds of oil in Gaza!

What are the odds?

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I support Americans period... There is nothing afterwards....
Well. Seeing as all Americans can get their period, I see you love your fellow Americans deeply.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   

And if only there was some kinda incentive. Oh wait! They just discovered all kinds of oil in Gaza!

What are the odds?

We are the 800-pound gorilla in the corner keeping the other 30 Muslim countries at bay that would love if given the chance to wipe Israel off the map. We just need to stand there, nothing more is needed.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm going to retire in northern San Antonio in a few years. My last 5 years were at HQ at Randolph AFB and I loved it. Sam Houston was the start of the Air Force if anyone didn't know.

I actually was offered a teaching position at Sam Houston, wife didn't like the heat.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I actually was offered a teaching position at Sam Houston, wife didn't like the heat.

Heat or cold, pick lol. It really doesn't get that hot, but then I grew up in AZ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join