It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs mystery respiratory illness?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   
"Experts recommend isolating dogs amid respiratory 'mystery illness' "
www.foxnews.com...

"The first symptom, experts say, is a pervasive
cough that can last for several weeks and is
resistant to traditional antibiotic treatments. "

I have a thought!
what if this is covid evolving and transferring to dogs?
any one know if cats have any thing new like this?

OH! just look't.
"New feline coronavirus blamed for thousands of cat deaths in Cyprus"
www.science.org...
"fevers, swollen bellies, and lethargy"
www.theguardian.com...

More dog links
www.nbcnews.com...
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

Theah our male dog coughed for about a month on and off and then laid down one night and died. He was a big dog and 12 years old. Being 12 Theah was having a hard time in the neighborhood as newer younger males were fighting him and getting all the females which pissed him off and ended up with him coming home with new scars.. It really is a dog eat dog world especially when it comes to females..

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

We have this hing called Alabama Rot spreading in the UK!

Keep your pets safe!

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Apparently, the number of cases reported in the UK is extremely low, so there's little reason to be worried.

But cheers for the heads up as ive never heard of that before.

CRGV(cutaneous and renal glomerular vasculopathy) Alabama Rot is a disease that blocks and damages the blood vessels in a dog's skin and kidneys.

edit on 26-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I've been reading about this. The latest thing is that they think it's a bacteria. Don't take dogs to dog parks or to doggie day care. Don't let them mingle together. this thing is deadly.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Right, that ticked all the boxes.

Let's patient dog PPE products and make a fortune.

Before the Tories do and give all the contracts to their chums.

On a more serious note, i certainly hope CRGV does not turn out to be the equivalent of COVID for dogs.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I had to take my dog to the vets a few weeks ago as he was acting funny after being in the water , when my dog sees the water he thinks he is a dolphin and will not come out of it

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There was a similar story in the daily mail 5 or 6 weeks ago to the one above , my dog is 13 now but still very energetic but loves swimming so when I saw this article it was straight to the vet for blood tests and a check up just to be safe .

The vet did not have a clue about this above story ? 5 minutes max in his room cost £ 305 .00 for a blood test and a worming tablet and some drops

When I took a good look at the canal system in my area it was disgusting, they have stopped cleaning the alge of the gates etc where years ago it was immaculate, down at the sea it was the same the sea weed that has covered the rocks everywhere and badly needs cleaned up .

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Occams Razor says you might be on to something.

Let us guess what medicine will be mentioned to help with this....Ahem...Ivermectin.

I am usually real loving with most dogs I come across in a day, but just incase humans are carriers for this, I think I'm going to have to refrain for awhile. I hate the thought that I could unknowingly bring this home to my babies.
edit on 26-11-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I just came across this .

The Olivers took to Facebook to tell their friends about Ike’s worsening condition, and they were then contacted by a stranger who advised them to try chloramphenicol – an antibiotic used as an eye ointment to treat human conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye.

After giving Ike the drug, his condition eventually improved and the Olivers were able to take him home from the vet.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

The dog said thank you
I just love how we can pick up little bits of information online and run rings round the so called professional people

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I was reading something yesterday about washing your dog's feet when coming home after, in regards to the Alabama Rot. I think it's a good idea to incorporate in general, especially with the respiratory virus occurring as well.

Just make a mix of vinegar or apple cider vinegar with water (ensure there are no cuts). You can apply coconut oil after or some other type of natural skin oil to keep them moisturized. There are also paw wipes one can purchase.

I had a thought the other day as I walked my dog along our local sidewalk which had gobs of human spit here and there how I really don't want that on my dog's feet for him to lick, or on my floors and carpet. Disgusting habit.

This article is a good read: pawleaks.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

The dog said thank you
I just love how we can pick up little bits of information online and run rings round the so called professional people

There is a place online for humans called Earthclinic.
It is where everyone could post what worked for them and what did not.
After finding it 15 years ago I found the treatment (Tumeric) for what was killing me and causing me to suffer for over a year with no help from different Dr's.
They stopped us from sharing info on it but the database is still there.

This would be the absolute most beneficial aspect of the inet if we could get this type of info sharing bug free, troll free, shill free and government influence and control free.

We would then only need Dr's, for the most part, for stitches, broken bones, testing.

To change the subject and to the op.
I have known for 25 years that the day they want to get rid of dogs it will be when they make the final push for guns as well.
For the same reasons.

And when they go after the dogs it will be most likely through the store bought dogfood.
They could aerosolize it too. Most likely parasites the dogs would pick up on their paws and then licking them.
Most of the times licking paws are bacterial problems.
If they have healthy guts the beneficial bacteria counters most everything.
Ivermectin was mentioned and is absolutely the best thing to do for dogs right now.
The dogfood recipes have all gone to cheaper ingredients and even high priced dogfood brands are suspect already.

Raw is the only real option now but very expensive.
I have thoughts on that too.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: FlyersFan

Right, that ticked all the boxes...

Don't forget to add "Don't let your dog eat other dogs poo".

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Apparently, they do that because it's a behavior they learned as a puppy from their mum and also there is some nutritional value from undigested matter.

It's grotty all the same.

Seen my own dog attempt it on occasion and had to pull him away.

Yuk.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

thanks that is getting bookmarked

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The only time I ever came across a pup eating poo was because they were lacking vitimins in their diet Andy , a few bones from the butcher and some iron or like in the old days when you went to the nearby slaughter house to get food for the dog

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

thanks that is getting bookmarked

I guess I was mistaken about Earth Clinic being inactive as well as human.
I had forgotten it had pet info.

www.earthclinic.com...

edit on 26-11-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Seem to be getting a 404 error on my end, and that's with and without an active VPN.

Edit: It's working now, that's trippy.

edit on 26-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Hence the nutritional value from the undigested matter part i suppose.

Either way it's fecking disgusting.

As to bones, i dont give my dogs bones.

Used to with the last one and she nearly died down to a perforated bowel.

I also remember the same thing happening to our old neighbor's dog, and my grans.

Each to their own all the same, crazy bastarding one i have right now keeps trying to eat earnings, my thinking being because my Mrs has had them through her ears rather than him being a jewel thief. LoL

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

www.earthclinic.com...

Seem to be getting a 404 error on my end, and that's with and without an active VPN.

Fixed it.
Thanks.

It is iffy on some things now.
It was so difficult to navigate the last time I was there and had so many closed threads I thought it went inactive.
But I am finding new posts
edit on 26-11-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join