It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Who 60

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just when you thought the LGBBCQT+ could not tick anymore woke boxes. I'm not even going to bother to try and link it. No more licence fee.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhat

Why would Doctor Who be left out of the trans craze, especially on the 60th anniversary?

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I suppose it was naive of me to expect otherwise. We won't Get Fooled Again. Roger Daltrey.

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What about it? This is hardly a thread?

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I miss the good writing.

The guys who wrote Weeping Angels"," or "The Satan's Pit", bring them back!

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How much gayer could it be, looked gay af for at least a decade.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I have a TARDIS on my desk.

It wears a dress now.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I stopped watching when Jodie Whittaker took the keys to the TARDIS.

Grew up with Tom Baker, found an appreciation for John Pertwee and gave up when Sylvester McCoy was all but written out.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   

After being a lifelong fan and enjoying the baker years, eccelston (my opinion the best of the rebirth-doctors) and tenant, smith, capaldi they were all great.

I thought Whitaker as the new doctor would be a bit different. Watched a few episodes and gave up there was no hope production values were crap, writing crap.

An actor can only do as good as the script.

I gave up on dr who.

Though with the lgbtqihdmiabc123everyonewants a label movement.

And with Disney now having sole rights for streaming, and there is no longer option for public broadcasting such as Australia’s abc access to it.

Fu Disney for gentrifying Dr who.
edit on 26-11-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I listen to Radio 4 at night as the radio stations in the UK don't play the sort of music I listen too and I can definetly say the BBC have been dining out on Dr Who this week.

It used to wind me up when they had the 'new series' a few years ago and all of the presenters talking about it said they used to hide behind the counch when the daleks were on. I mean, c'mon, it's a tv. It's not going to jump out of the screen and get you is it. Maybe make you jump, certainly not run for the hills.

I think the phrase --- self serving --- is called for here.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

I stopped watching when Jodie Whittaker took the keys to the TARDIS.

Grew up with Tom Baker, found an appreciation for John Pertwee and gave up when Sylvester McCoy was all but written out.

Exactly the same as you , even as a kid I saw how cheap and tacky it was especially when Tom Baker was running around in a kit car pretending to be on a alien planet which always looks like a quarry in Wales .

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Oh dear ....

www.bbc.co.uk...

Since then Donna has lived an ordinary life, is married and has a trans daughter Rose, played by Yasmin Finney, but is plagued by the sense that something is missing.

She and the Doctor are reunited in a chance encounter as a space ship - carrying an alien voiced by Miriam Margolyes - crashes in London.

The episode has been met with positive reviews, receiving four stars from the Independent, the Guardian, the i and the Daily Telegraph.

The Guardian's Jack Seale describing the "comic chemistry" between Tennant and Tate as "absolutely faultless" and the Times' Ben Dowell calling it "fabulously realised" and "defiantly progressive".
edit on 26-11-2023 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Lysergic

I have a TARDIS on my desk.

It wears a dress now.

I loved the Neil Gaiman scripts that had things like "dinosaurs on a spaceship".

... but also the TARDIS was a girl who fell in love with the Doctor when he first stole her (perhaps it was consensual?), but the Doctor never knew until much later.

Also, from the moment the Master turned into Missy, you knew the future direction the story was bound to take.

Also the whole Madame Vastra Silurian woman, married to Jennie Flint, in Victorian London, was an even earlier giveaway.

edit on 26-11-2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Point taken.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The Guardian critic loved it!!!!!!! Well I never in a million years thought the publication that mindlessly supports every lefty cause going would favour a show like that. I'll make a prediction. When paedophilia is looking for apologists that depraved rag will be leading the vanguard.

a reply to: Cymru

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Anyone know of a recent episode a few years ago it may have been a Xmas special !!!! Where they were growing Daleks in glass tubes inside a warehouse .

It had the comedian/ actor Bradley Cooper in it and the young black dude that was in utopia m.youtube.com...

Ii just found it funny the type casting of some of the actors as the guy tied to the chair is in V for Vendetta

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhat
Just when you thought the LGBBCQT+ could not tick anymore woke boxes. I'm not even going to bother to try and link it. No more licence fee.

License fee?

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They say that Dr Who has always addressed social issues....I cant remember any of them though and now it seems that thats all there is on thse new shows

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM54

originally posted by: TheWhat

License fee?

Yep the BBC is funded by subscription from the public that it no longer represents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join