It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen Threatens All Israeli Affiliated Vessels Entering the Red Sea, Already Hijacked a Tanker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well this fella who has been the Houthi face for years now starts off rambling in his native tongue about Israel's ships no longer being safe in the red Sea. This was after a recent shipping Tanker hijacking last week, in which they uploaded video to document. It appears to have been owned by one of the richest men in IsraelRami Ungar, or one of his companies anyways. If you ask me, its a clear sign one of our CSG's needs to move out of the Mediterranean and into the red Sea.
Videos come with English subtitles.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Also Houthis:

Something about dancing men in skirts creates hilarious images in my head

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Oh its effin hilarious for sure, but dont take them so lightly. I have repeatedly seen these skirt wearing sandal rocking mofos walk through the desert uphill for miles carrying equipment to sneak up under elevated FOB and slaughter everyone there. They are superior mountain fighters IMO better than the Taliban. They probably could not match the tech loadout of our own mountain fighters, but they sure as # know how to maneuver them in #ing sandals of all things!!

In any case, would you agree it is time to move one of our carrier strike groups out of the Med. and into the Red? This piracy is unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

lol
Absolutely! Blow them out of the #ing sandals!
I don't take them lightly, I know their favorite past time is to massacre other sandals wearers by the thousands.
The world is such a crazy place.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I think our positions are good exactly where they are in the Mediterranean.

In case of a cease fire and same regional stabilization we can then consider moving into other positions. Our presence is known and that's all it needs to be.

The biggest guy just has to be in the room. Their presence is enough.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

bruh, Yemen is hijacking Israeli ships! How could you honestly think we should not maneuver to confront such actions?? Is that anti-piracy mission still operating around the Horn of Africa region?? This is where we are going to have to increase patrols because Yemen is not going to stop. They bombed out Saudi oil refineries and pipelines, attack air force bases in that country. These are not people with basics but with actual capabilities and military equipment like air and naval units.

Not that they are threat to military targets, but the point is they are to the civilian transport industry. There absolutely should be an increase in naval presence in the Red Sea and especially the Gulf of Oman. To blow that helicopter out of the sky before it landed would have been a very proper and acceptable defensive act.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Because we are not the military of Israel. Our presence there is enough to serve as a deterrent. Peace keeper, not peace maker.

Any attacks on our positions will be defended but we are there to promote peace, not help the conflict escalate. If Israel gets into a naval skirmish, they are equipped to handle it themselves. Israel has a very strong Navy, in both the Mediterranean and the Red Sea.

It would be prudent for others not to test them.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The vessel in question is a civilian transport vessels, loaded with goods to many destinations and manned by an international crew. Piracy is an international concern that affects many countries. last year industry groups ended the high risk designation in the Indian Ocean. The EU reduced their patrols so basically pirates have noticed there are less law enforcement essentially on the waters.

Now we got Yemen instead of Somalia as the source of piracy, and even IRAN! remember earlier this year Iran attempted to seize two tankers in the Gulf of Oman before being forced away by American ships. Yemen like Iraq is now an Iranian Vassal state. To dismiss this event is to dismiss Iranian piracy.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: WhiteHat

In any case, would you agree it is time to move one of our carrier strike groups out of the Med. and into the Red? This piracy is unacceptable.

Probably not really necessary.

Current assets in the Red Sea include Marine and Seal SOF operators, and the US Navy has a counter-piracy mission. I wouldn't be surprised if the Houthis onboard get an unexpected visit some time real soon.

Also, the helicopter involved has undoubtedly been identified and tracked to its home base. It could experience a Rapid Unplanned Disassembly one night.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947
Ok so the USNAVY IS still running their anti-piracy mission? That is good to hear with the Europeans ending theirs last year.

Those operators are working out of Djibouti bases, which are not even that big and utilized more for land ops across East Africa. With this escalation, clearly more naval assets are needed on patrol I feel. But you know, maybe after four or five more hijackings someone will take it more seriously.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
But what if the biggest guy in the room is one of those “big for nothing” types?

You know the ones.

new topics

top topics

join