It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian does not equal HAMAS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: JinMI

Let me make an analogy...

My neighbor and I are bickering... we don't get along because because of a property line dispute, their dogs killed some of my chickens and my feral cat killed one of their prize parrots.

So one day they decide to shoot my son who was gardening on my property and rape and slit the throat of my grand-daughter who was there at the time.

So what I would do is kill everyone and everything on my neighbor's property. People, livestock, chickens, family pets...

Then I would seek out any of their friends who might feel the same way, any family members who want revenge... and kill eveyone, take it all out root and stem.

Is that immoral of me for taking the time and the effort to ensure that another family member of mine won't die while tending my garden?

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send you of theirs to the morgue.
The morality stick some seem to feel the need to smack pro-Israel people with is a glaring example of ignorance for the reality of conflict and war. They use words like “genocide” and “proportional response” in a fantastic intellectual gymnastics without even realizing what they are saying. If Israel wanted genocide, this war would be over already.

I do have to give liberals credit, they have now shown the world their intent and motives.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send you of theirs to the morgue.
The morality stick some seem to feel the need to smack pro-Israel people with is a glaring example of ignorance for the reality of conflict and war. They use words like “genocide” and “proportional response” in a fantastic intellectual gymnastics without even realizing what they are saying. If Israel wanted genocide, this war would be over already.

I do have to give liberals credit, they have now shown the world their intent and motives.

I said in another post that these anti-Israel people are playing this like a game score. Hamas is just a little bad because they only killed 1300+ while Israel is really really bad because they killed 11,000 (I will bet much lower since these numbers basically come from Hamas.)

They do not see the reality that even if the 11,000 were real it is like a little over 1 death per Israel attack and if Israel was trying to actually kill people we would be seeing a million+ dead and not 11,000.

The other part they fail to see is 1300+ was not a body count that Hamas was trying to get to and stop they could only find 1300+ people to kill. If they could they would have killed 50,000 women and 20,000 babies if they were there, so Hamas is a kill anyone who moves, oh let's record it and cheer, let's cut the heads off people dying, let parade naked dead women in the streets of Gaza so the locals can cheers, beat and spit on them too.

When Hamas is gone there will still be 2 million plus people in Gaza...

edit on x30Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:22:09 -06002023321America/ChicagoSat, 18 Nov 2023 09:22:09 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

When Hamas is gone there will still be 2 million plus people in Gaza...

Hopefully not.
edit on CSTam9321 by Tagz because: Opps, did I type that outloud!

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tagz

Hopefully not.

Where will they be? I think Egypt and Jordan need to step up and do what they should have done 70+ years ago and let them be a part of their population where they actually should be.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Where did I say Im not religious?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stelth2
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

I think this pole may change your mind about Palestinians.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, it didn't change my mind.

read my posts starting on page 4 in that thread for the reasons, if you care.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Or, if you ask an anthropologist, evidence of religion is what separates humans from apes.

So its seems like it IS a defining characteristic.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

Or, if you ask an anthropologist, evidence of religion is what separates humans from apes.

I thought it was the thumb thing

No?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Apes and Humans both have thumbs. Only Humans have religion. Of all species of life on Earth.

Its a distinguishing characteristic. And evidence of ritual burial is evidence of religion is one of the major developmental flags.

So I agree that 'religion' is necessary to being human.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

Along with a sense of humor?

How is it necessary to my being human? If I don't have a religion, does that mean I'm less human than say - you? Or, am I only human as a happy accident because others are/were religious? Did we evolve to be religious, or did religion help us evolve?

How do you know the Gibbons don't know God?

Still, the thumb thing - right? I mean, sure they have thumbs. But still. Not like us

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Religion is simply organized spirituality. As such, is a group grope.
You don't have to join.

As an individual, you ponder your own death and your fear informs your life in some manner.
That part is personal.

You get to chose oblivion. And so that by extension, nothing else really matters.
Others need more than that.

Not everyone SHOULD set their own moral code just for grins and giggles.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Apes and Humans both have thumbs. Only Humans have religion. Of all species of life on Earth.

"So I agree that 'religion' is necessary to being human."

I wish there was more room in my signature for your quote here, without it being an unreadable jumbled mess.

Don't apes have a few more thumbs than humans?

Edit2Add:™

Well, what do you know. It does fit!

edit on 18-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: TM™

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
also reply to: BiothermalReactor

This is because you purposely misunderstand my point.

Do you or do you not have a cognizance of your own mortality?

Do you participate in funeral ritual?

Can your dog answer the affirmative? How about a Chimp?

An individual human can ponder their mortality and reach a conclusion that its only oblivion. That is your spiritual perception. It's all accidental and for an individual, it all comes to a screeching end.

You did do the spiritual pondering, tho'.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

also reply to: BiothermalReactor

This is because you purposely misunderstand my point.

I don't believe I misunderstood your point, at all.

You said, "Apes and Humans both have thumbs. Only Humans have religion."

Your point is that it doesn't matter how many thumbs are possessed by a living being, it is the religion, and nothing medical at all, that "is necessary to being human"-MoreCoyoteAngels

Alright, ATS. I just typed that bold sentence. I feel like I need a colon-cleanse after that.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Ok, so you continue to misinterpret what I said.

There may be a multitude of physical attributes.

Concept of mortality, and ritual burial. This is evidence of a spiritual attribute that no other species has shown evidence of.

The combination of the physical, mental and spiritual attributes distinguish humanity.

Stop twisting what I say so that you can say I said something I didn't say.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Ok, so you continue to misinterpret what I said.

There may be a multitude of physical attributes.

Concept of mortality, and ritual burial. This is evidence of a spiritual attribute that no other species has shown evidence of.

The combination of the physical, mental and spiritual attributes distinguish humanity.

Stop twisting what I say so that you can say I said something I didn't say.

Did you ever ask KoKo the gorilla what she believed? Didn't get the chance? I can understand that.

What if she had said she believed in a great creator spirit, or something to that effect?

Would that make her human?

Edit2Add:™

-twising your words-

I'm only following YOUR "logic."

edit on 18-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: TM™

edit on 18-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: added "had" - added "-twising your words-"

edit on 18-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: added "I'm only following YOUR "logic.""

edit on 18-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: I tried to fix the post, but you know the rest

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No because there would be other distinguishing characteristics.

Is there evidence that Gorillas in the wild bury their dead with ojects they may need in the afterlife, or practice of sympathetic magic?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

bury their dead with ojects they may need in the afterlife, or practice of sympathetic magic?

I've never buried anyone with objects for whatever reason, nor do I practice magic in any form.

I am not human.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

These are evidence of spiritual awareness and religious practices.

Take it up with anthropologists.

But I do NOT believe you are unaware of your own mortality and have never pondered such a demise. Am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

nor do I practice magic in any form.

One might disagree. How are your Bowie sessions coming along?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join