It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian casket in which time stood still

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
So pleased you are back.

Proper Old School ATS.

Such a refreshing change.

"Proper Old School ATS" - it's cool)))

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Funny, I was looking into him today. If it is the same person, Wilhelm Reich developed the theory that massage would help unlock psychological tension.
A very strange man!

Massage, that's initially surprising but sensible when one thinks about it. The orgone flow in the body would be blocked.

A lot of research and development back in the day. Dowsing and Radionics was my introduction into healing.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

As others have posted on this thread but I feel the need to chime in as well...

Thank you for a Proper Old School ATS thread.

I have never heard of this, now I need to research it further.

This is what we should be doing here.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

Thanks for another interesting old school ATS thread. Good to see you back here by the way.

the grove where they grew was guarded no worse than military installations. Anyone who illegally cut down a tree faced severe punishment.

This seems to indicate that you can't just use some random pine. Only pines from a very specific location. Rare nutrients in the ground? Unusual minerals or even a fungus. An electromagnetic anomaly that influences the growth of the pines? A combination of several factors like those mentioned?

This reminds me of the now legendary Stradivarius Violins that the luthier made almost exclusively from the same stands of Spruce and Maple trees.

Researchers discovered not too far back that these particular trees all grew and matured during the most recent “little ice age” that hit most of the northern hemisphere between the 14th century and around 1850.

The climate forced the trees to grow more slowly which left them with considerably more density throughout than the same species that had matured in “normal” conditions. That, along with the quality of craftsmanship and some other things like how the varnishes that he made penetrated and interacted with that denser wood all had a synergistic effect that ultimately made what would have been a series of high quality instruments into almost transcendent objects.

Instruments from a contemporary of Antonio Stradivari, Guarneri, also have a unique and unmatched quality that is largely credited to the varnishes and wood selections, along with the oxidation and natural aging of hand-made instruments of the time. These violins have a very unique resonance that, in some cases, are considered superior to the extant Stradivarius instruments.

Ultimately it comes down as much to chemistry and physics as it does to craftsmanship.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
~ Arthur C. Clarke

If it is possible to affect how air moves (sound and our perception of it) through various means of material selection, construction, and application, who can say with any authority that some of these other objects don’t also have properties that we can’t quite pin down yet?

They may SEEM magical, but in all likelihood, their respective, almost mythical properties, are simply the synergistic end result of easily explainable processes.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
I'd love to test this box.

I'd love to put food in it and take it somewhere warm, not Siberia, and see how it works on not spoiling food where outside is not a refrigerator anyway.

PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on 10-11-2023 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Never heard of this before!
Thank you for posting!
Now I have a new rabbit hole to go down

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Pine and some woods do have chemicals that slow the growth of microbes. Remember how amber works to preserve things in it...amber is made of the pitch of a special pine tree. Now does that mean it actually retards time or just that it retards the breakdown of what is in it. The article is not addressing the breakdown of the wood, it is addressing the lessening of the breakdown of what is stored in it.

You can store things in a clay pot or coat them with clay and it will preserve foods too, for thousands of years I guess. Seeds in clay can last for a very long time. When the clay is broken down somehow the seeds will sprout, especially if you keep peeing on the clay rock. All I got was a pile of a certain type of stinging nettle from a clay rock I peed on regularly. Ancient people knew how to store seeds for a long time. The stinging nettle was the medicinal type and the whole rock sprouted, the pee dissolved the clay and the seeds started to grow.

The other stinging nettle I have here on my property is the kind they made the poison for arrow heads out of...you need to beware there are variations of that weed, the burrs are on different parts of the plant. You need to beware when dealing with medicinal and edible plants. A little knowledge can be dangerous sometimes.

Burdock root baked then ground into tea can lower someone's blood pressure too much sometimes, It can also make you a little drunk like if you drink a couple of cups of it for some reason. I suppose like everything, plants have multiple chemistries to them so they can have side effects just like medicines have.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I do note you are referring to pine, not for strength but for some mystical property.
After dealing with pine for over 25 years, I have not seen any characteristics from the wood or the resin (other than the resin being difficult to wash off) to make me believe there are mystical properties.

We're not looking for mystical properties. We're looking for species that have an affinity for off-gassing food-grade food-preservation compounds.

The pine that grows here is addled with beetles, but the cedar here has glorious longevity properties. I used dropped dead branch cedar and other species to frame up a compost pile and, mind you, the cedar was the only stuff I debarked, but after 2 years of use, every other species of oak, sweet olive, azalea, and pine were completely rotted and disintegrable, but the cedar wood is still good to use for crafts. I made a cord spinner from it and the cedar oils are still aromatic, though faint from environmental exposure.
edit on 12-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: compounds

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiothermalReactor

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I do note you are referring to pine, not for strength but for some mystical property.
After dealing with pine for over 25 years, I have not seen any characteristics from the wood or the resin (other than the resin being difficult to wash off) to make me believe there are mystical properties.

We're not looking for mystical properties. We're looking for species that have an affinity for off-gassing food-grade food-preservation compounds.

The pine that grows here is addled with beetles, but the cedar here has glorious longevity properties. I used dropped dead branch cedar and other species to frame up a compost pile and, mind you, the cedar was the only stuff I debarked, but after 2 years of use, every other species of oak, sweet olive, azalea, and pine were completely rotted and disintegrable, but the cedar wood is still good to use for crafts. I made a cord spinner from it and the cedar oils are still aromatic, though faint from environmental exposure.

Let's reread your wishlist:
Off-gassing food grade food-preservation compounds.

Mystical properties.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Oh, goodness me, I feel foolish after rereading the opening post I discovered I missed this section entirely for some reason,

Another interesting experiment was carried out with the casket. Kuryakov placed the egg from under the hen for almost a whole month. After which he returned it to the chicken. The chicken hatched alive and healthy.

Next, an alarm clock was placed in the casket. After 10 hours, the researcher took it out and saw that the arrows remained in the same position. He did the same experiment with a stopwatch. In 24 hours, the stopwatch counted only 50 seconds.

It turned out that the secret of preserving food was not in the smell of special resins, but in the fact that time slowed down inside the casket.

I don't know how I missed this. I would not be looking for wood that has these properties, because I know nothing about finding mystical wood. I'm skeptical of experiments of Vladimir Kuryakov.

Either way, my assumption stands that there may very well be species of conifer that off-gas food-grade food-preserving compounds to the degree that makes a practical solution to non-mechanical food preservation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join