It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian casket in which time stood still

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

In the 16th century, Russia traded not only fur, hemp and lard. There was one item that was extremely rare and very, very expensive. Merchants came from all over the world for his sake. This is the Aidar-tolbas chest.

What is it? Essentially it's just a box for storing food. But this is not a simple refrigerator... but a time machine!

For some reason, products and other materials did not lose their qualities in it.

Only wealthy lords could afford this casket. Moreover, they sold it only for “good gold”, because merchants knew that beyond the seas its price increased by at least three times.

They were made in the village of the same name “Aidary”, which was previously called “Gryaznushka”. Only about a dozen such caskets were sold per year, which was considered a drop in the bucket even in the 16th century.

Caskets made from local pine, described as “dirty pine,” were considered especially valuable. This rare tree was distinguished by its strength compared to other trees. And the grove where they grew was guarded no worse than military installations. Anyone who illegally cut down a tree faced severe punishment.

Before putting the tree into use, it was kept in a barn for 3 years. But it is unknown under what conditions they were stored there.
Chroniclers wrote that the resins contained in pine are the main factor that prevents products from spoiling.

The glory of the Tolbas began to wane with the arrival of Emperor Peter 1, who, for the sake of building a large fleet, transferred all Aidar craftsmen to ship builders, and used the pine grove as materials for ships. All that was left of the grove were stumps.

Later, under Catherine 2, the Aidar-tolbasa chest finally moved into the section of myths.

During the Soviet era, the government was faced with the task of creating a mass-produced, cheap and accessible household refrigerator for preserving food. We tried different things - from thermoses with dry ice to electric fields. But all this was not what was required. It was then that one of the engineers, originally from Aidar, Vladimir Kuryakov, remembered the stories about the mysterious chests that his relatives had told him about.

Kuryakov began searching for them, which did not last long; one of them turned out to be an exhibit in the local history museum. Having received all the necessary permissions, Kuryakov began research. The stories of our ancestors did not lie. The milk in this chest did not turn sour either after a day or after a week. The meat did not rot, the bread did not stale.

What is his secret? The temperature inside was normal. Is the secret of its properties lies in the slightest smell of resin?

Another interesting experiment was carried out with the casket. Kuryakov placed the egg from under the hen for almost a whole month. After which he returned it to the chicken. The chicken hatched alive and healthy.

Next, an alarm clock was placed in the casket. After 10 hours, the researcher took it out and saw that the arrows remained in the same position. He did the same experiment with a stopwatch. In 24 hours, the stopwatch counted only 50 seconds.

It turned out that the secret of preserving food was not in the smell of special resins, but in the fact that time slowed down inside the casket.

But how? Nobody knows this.

True, this phenomenon is not unique and is described as a kind of Stasis field or stasis field. This is a field that extremely slows down or even stops all or some processes in its area of action. The effect lasts as long as the field generator is running and ends when it is turned off. However, some of the examples encountered clearly do not imply any existing generator, that is, the field in this case is self-sustaining. Unlike a force field, which is usually described and depicted as a certain surface, a stasis field is meant to fill a certain volume in which it exerts its effect. Although the paths are adjacent: a stasis field in the form of a surface will behave exactly like most of the described types of force fields, being an impenetrable shield.

The ideas of the Stasis Field were widely used in the works of Western science fiction writers. In particular:
- Clifford Simak, "Goblin Sanctuary";
- - Something like a stasis field area is, apparently, the mysterious Artifact around which the action of the novel unfolds.
Frank Herbert, “Dune” - containers with “zero entropy” can store objects inside them, for example, food, for an indefinitely long time;
- Robert Heinlein, “Tunnel in the Sky” - the same technology allows both interstellar travel and speeding up or slowing down the flow of time in a confined space. The main character’s parents go into stasis “twenty years in two weeks” because they hope that their father’s rare disease will be treated in the next two decades.
Keith Laumer, Dinosaur Coast. In their travels through time, the main characters discover an empty temporal station, and after some time a very old lady suddenly appears on it.

And many others...

As you can see, this phenomenon is not at all unknown, but there is no scientific explanation for it. Unfortunately.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It's an interesting story. But being in a field of construction, there is one glowing flaw.
Pine is a softwood. 1x pine is not rated for structural work, even 2x pine is not looked at for great strength, Fir is the preferred 2x material.

Examples:
www.admoyer.com...
www.engineersedge.com...

I did a cursory look over them and did not notice pine mentioned.
Hardwoods have far greater strengths, but also greater costs.

I do note you are referring to pine, not for strength but for some mystical property.
After dealing with pine for over 25 years, I have not seen any characteristics from the wood or the resin (other than the resin being difficult to wash off) to make me believe there are mystical properties.

Do you have links to studies in regards to this?
Normally I would do my own research, But I have very limited time in my next week. I have a show opening a week from today, and we are behind in the build.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Explanation: S & F ...

I am reminded of the Ark of the Covenant ...

Ark of the Covenant [wiki]

Which held a gold jar full of manna ...

The Ark of the Covenant, also known as the Ark of the Testimony or the Ark of God, is an artifact believed to be the most sacred relic of the Israelites, which is described as a wooden chest, covered in pure gold, with an elaborately designed lid called the mercy seat. According to the Book of Exodus, the Ark contained the two stone tablets of the Ten Commandments. According to the New Testament Book of Hebrews, it also contained Aaron's rod and a pot of manna.

When manna only had a 24-48hr lifespan ...

Exodus 16:4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. 5 On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days.”

Exodus 16:21 Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away.

The Bible tells us that they were free to eat as much as they wanted, but on average about an omer (2 kgs) was the recommended amount. On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much… The rule of the manna was that when they tried to collect more for the next day — the manna went rancid overnight.

Except every Saturday night! 16:8a …he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning… 16:12b …‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.’

Numbers 11:9 When the dew settled on the camp at night, the manna also came down.

16:16b …Everyone is to gather as much as they need. Take an omer for each person you have in your tent.

16:9 Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.

16:31 The people of Israel called the bread manna. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey.

Numbers 11:7 The manna was like coriander seed and looked like resin.

John 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.

Personal Disclosure: It seem's to me that if the golden jar of manna did not decay or rot or go bad that the Ark of the Covenant also possessed this 'time distortion' field. This can also be backed up by Aarons rod which budded and yet did not die!

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of the "Orgone Accumulator" which Wilhelm Reich is said to have built.

Orgone Accumulator In 1940, Wilhelm Reich constructed the first device to accumulate orgone energy: a six-sided box constructed of alternating layers of organic materials (to attract the energy) and metallic materials (to radiate the energy toward the center of the box). Patients would sit inside the accumulator and absorb orgone energy through their skin and lungs. The accumulator had a healthy effect on blood and body tissue by improving the flow of life-energy and by releasing energy-blocks.

Source ThoughtCo

If it is the same device, we have an earlier history than 1940 and Wilhelm Reich.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

Maybe the Ark of the Covenant, the orgone accumulator, and RT's Aidar-tolbas chest are based on the same principals.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The intrinsic cavities on the chest made me think of the work done by Viktor Grebennikov.

Who knows how far into the fabric of reality his findings reach. It seems that cavities have great potential to alter it...

ats thread on Grebennikov
edit on 9-11-2023 by Terpene because: Add ATS reference

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Interesting tale RT.

It would be a very useful technology and send science in whole new directions if it were replicable.

This is off-topic, but I would like to hear your take on Anatoly Fomenko in a future thread. Mainly because I would like to hear it from a Russian perspective.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Thanks for another interesting old school ATS thread. Good to see you back here by the way.

the grove where they grew was guarded no worse than military installations. Anyone who illegally cut down a tree faced severe punishment.

This seems to indicate that you can't just use some random pine. Only pines from a very specific location. Rare nutrients in the ground? Unusual minerals or even a fungus. An electromagnetic anomaly that influences the growth of the pines? A combination of several factors like those mentioned?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

This is off-topic, but I would like to hear your take on Anatoly Fomenko in a future thread. Mainly because I would like to hear it from a Russian perspective.

Seconded! I've been meaning to ask the very same thing!

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think it interesting that Peter the I, Ship building is kind of a mirror for what the entire East coast of the US was planned around.

Tree farms of Pine, hemp fields for rope, mines and smith shops for metal, and cotton for sails, horse breeding for pulling logs... From Maine all the way to the gulf of Florida.

Those people employed in it made up the colonies of houses wagons and other trades to take supplies back to the old world since as you said cutting such trees in Russia was forbidden.

South America as the continent seemed too hard to tame and the Amazon too unpredictable not the sort of land they were looking for in early excursions abroad to get around the tribal cabal of king and queenry that would dictate based on my arse is bigger than yours or some other nonsensery

Edit to add: A well known thought experiment of Schrodinger's "cat" might still be in it.
edit on 9-11-2023 by crowf00t because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

It seems to me that you are more interested not in the technical and mathematical discoveries of academician Anatoly Fomenko, but in his humanitarian historical theory “New Chronology”, which completely refutes the historically established chronology of time and events?

The topic is very broad and deep, I am afraid that I do not have sufficient competence to cover it on the forum. This is a serious topic.

Thank you for your interest)))

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

Your comment brought me to some interesting conclusions:

- We have different thinking, based on different historical memories. You have a colonial mindset (this is neither good nor bad, it is what it is), based on the historical memory of your ancestors. I have an imperial mindset (in the Russian understanding of the Empire), based on the historical experience of my people. It is difficult for us to understand each other, but it is necessary.

And “Schrödinger’s Cat” is a typical subjective assumption that they are now trying to elevate to an absolute.

Because it's fashionable.
edit on 9-11-2023 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268
Funny, I was looking into him today. If it is the same person, Wilhelm Reich developed the theory that massage would help unlock psychological tension.
A very strange man!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks RT, for keeping the old school spirit alive on ATS.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
Thanks RT, for keeping the old school spirit alive on ATS.

I love that old spirit. That's why I always come back as soon as I feel like I'm missing him in my life)))

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't see it mentioned how big it is? I mean, could a person sleep in it?

A nap in a time capsule might be super refreshing

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So pleased you are back.

Proper Old School ATS.

Such a refreshing change.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'd love to test this box.

I'd love to put food in it and take it somewhere warm, not Siberia, and see how it works on not spoiling food where outside is not a refrigerator anyway.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Schrödinger would be most perplexed?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliquandro2
I don't see it mentioned how big it is? I mean, could a person sleep in it?

A nap in a time capsule might be super refreshing

All the images of caskets that I have seen are relatively small. a person will not fit in them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join