It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally Disappointed in the Behavior Here During the Mod Lock Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
a reply to: FlyersFan

I didn't bother signing up with a new account during the mod lockout , because it was such a disaster . I really thought it was the end of ATS. It's what happens when you 'defund the police' , all turns to #.
Good it's back at least

Exactly .

What happened could have been a Mod / Admin proving that ATS runs smoothly only because of the Mods . This place went to sh*t with in hours people were throwing Feces on the wall .

Some people acted mature and others did not but it does prove that ATS needs Mods and that society would react the same way if the Police were truly de-funded.

Like a false flag hegelian dialectic thing?

Yes an ATS litmus test ... Just sit back and watch what happens and of course we didn't disappoint did we ?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I wasn't going to say anything, but here we are a week later and I'm still annoyed so I'm just going to go ahead and say it ....

This place de-evolved within HOURS of the lock out that took place last week. Within just hours!!! People signed in under new names ... crass childish names. Used crass and childish avatars. Spoke in language that unsupervised 14 year old boys would speak in. Potty language. Gutter mouths. Unending spam about body fluids and genitalia and cussing. Sexually inappropriate messages sent to females. Inability to have adult conversations on topics .. rambling off topic and snotty posts in those few threads that attempted discussion.

Is this really the hidden mentality of many of the people here? Really?

I was shocked at how fast it de-evolved and became something that I wouldn't want to be associated with.

I'm a grown up woman. And what was displayed here was revolting and just plain STUPID. It's sad to think that kind of mentality is hidden under a thin coat of 'modding' and could burst forth at the first sign of supervision being taken away. I"m not saying that EVERYONE de-evolved. But there was a loud majority with the ones that signed in under new names that were. The grown ups were gone.

AND I'm very disappointed in the behavior of the site owners. They are not tending this place like they should be. it's weird.

I'm VERY glad to see the moderators back and doing their thing. This place can't function without them. And I'm not just saying that because I was a moderator.

Okay. There. I said it.

Well said. I got my account back! Thank you djarums!

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I still think there should be a bounty on the hacker(s). It might be a bit extreme in this case, but I liked Chavez's approach in 2006 when dealing with CIA drug traffickers going through Maracaibo. It was simple, $300k a 6 month tour, $50k each head or hands after the first two.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You are correct, DamnDuck. I checked out q few other forums, thinking ATS may be gone forever.
Quite a few of their members were having a great laugh at the carnage going on and admitted to being frequent lurkers who no longer would waste their time posting on such a horrible site....until the evil ones took over. Others quickly created accounts to join in the fray, all laughing and bragging about their contributions.

I had no idea there was so much competition between sites! And I had no idea it was the strict rules of decorum on ATS that was found to be so objectional to them.

I didn't follow any of the threads past the first post or two-response just seemed to be what the anarchists were feeding on. I did, however follow DBCowboy's post with great enjoyment. A few well-placed cuss words didn't qualify as offensive in the context they were used. DBC knows how to shoot and hit center mass, like no other!

Then malvo went after Luminari; what a sight that was to behold! If I had a warrior spirit I'd definitely want to be trained under their command!

I'm just glad ATS is back; there's no place like home.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

But I wonder how they knew about the hack.

Within minutes of people being locked out they went to other sites to discuss the situation. It was on one of those other sites I learned by re-registering a person could get back on.

Forum users are a bunch of yentas.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   

edit on Sat Oct 28 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yeah just childish and bad-spirit-competitive... or just plain disgruntled because they were shown the door for their bad behavior at some point in time. IDK what is wrong with such people. It's like hanging out in a club that you do not like just to complain about it, or in this case, visiting the club when there is mayhem. So juvenile...

My heart lighted up when I saw DBs post and all the support from the membership. Malvo went after Lumenari, too?? The poor devil lol, did she rip them / him new hole argumentatively?

Dang I must have missed that

edit on 29.10.2023 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

lol the best was I called it out and asked if he's one of those incels and that must have hit a nerve. What followed was a huge post ranting about labels and being vile (I just overflew the post).

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Do what thou wilt is a good maxim

biting ones own tongue off to suit others is a curious habit, and I'm honestly surprised people oblige them which in turn becomes almost an obligation to do so.

So when people speak of freedom? With that sort of thing going on in body and speech where is my mind? LOST hence the preoccupation with mental illness.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

Plenty of places one can speak like a pig if thats what they need to feel free, but alas those places are not yealding any sort of debate, better to just grow up and learn how to argue without adhoms. But if one can't and is limited to the vocabulary of a 14 year old bully just shut up and learn from those who can...
I'm not adressing you particularly.

there are ways to shred trolls without stepping down to their level and it gets you banned all the same but at least you showed your mental superiority...
If you win an argument troll style you're nothing more than the king of trolls...

So here us my Applause for the kings of trolls, we've got em all, now why again did this place devolve? Oh right trolls coming back for the dick measuring contest...
At least we now know our trolls have the biggest.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Well, I didn't get mine back. I'm DCPatriot and I as scrubbed...had to re-register under another name because somebody changed my password.

That's right...DCPatriot! ...sons-a-bleeps....

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

How is saying someone needs to "grow up" and then reminiscing about a "14 year old bully" not ad-homonym?

An adult is an adult which is an unalterable fact; No matter how one expects an adult to be.

The idea of creationism is that what people think was born into or from perfection or could return to it; Should be altered or swayed by any ones opinion to suit whomever that is under the assumption of a following? As if perfection can be more 'perfect' in such ideas an echo comes when one calls it or such things a: "Union." as that only begets war not peace.

Cease doing all of that and the burden, stress ect. that comes with such notions? Fly right off that oneself right then and there whom did not place there... As an unalterable fact.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

How is saying someone needs to "grow up" and then reminiscing about a "14 year old bully" not ad-homonym?

Because I'm describing the behavior as I see it.
I'm not using that to attack the opinion of the person behind that behavior.

No clue what your last two paragraphs have to do with anything?

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We got to see everyone's true nature. Can't say I'm surprised honestly. You all can pretend it was just some trolls/hackers but at the end of the day many long time ATS members literally turned into the things they pretend to oppose...

When I get harassment here, which is like daily I just ignore it or log out. Life is far to short to waste it here...

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the day it happened was the first time in 3 months that I decided to come to ATS again and login. I did make a new account and make a couple of posts, but at that time I figured it was a problem that would be fixed within hours... then it got out of hand more and more. I logged off and joined the discord again.

You know how there has always been talk in the forums about how ATS was closely watched by 3 letter agencies? All I could think of was that at one point someone would cross the line so bad and I didn't want to be around to be associated with that.

anyway, I'm glad we got this fix or I wouldn't have signed in again

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
You know how there has always been talk in the forums about how ATS was closely watched by 3 letter agencies?

I can see that happening 10 years ago. But now? No. ATS isn't what it used to be. Compared to 10 years ago this place has far far fewer people and far far fewer topics to discuss etc etc etc. It doesn't feel the same at all as 10 years ago and I doubt TPTB care about it. IMHO.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DCPat

I think there is a rant thread about such matters as this is a more shame on you for losing temper thread on losing your account.

sigh

Identity theft is a problem and always has been a problem like for instance; How many people do you think linked themselves to your old account after soliciting someone they found on the same site and saying they were you noticing a following and got a date out of it?

Funny thing is not only has that happened to me more than once and accidentally came across such a date in progress once... as a follower is a follower and sometimes a stalker and the person trying to be you was being put to the screws with the stalker already knowing it wasn't whom they were stalking and was toying with them like a cat would a ball of yarn.

Fortunately enough for me I was there for neither of them or that reason even though the incident has been a huge headache ever since as if the person already knew me and set the guy up that was impersonating me... as if; somehow that is not wrong.

lol

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Do you know why I think many moderators turn to god? So they do not start falling under the delusion that they are one... Having been a moderator and dealt with both types? It was easy to point at the sites mission statement where neither must be a god or a follower of such a thing was required and the subject at hand for the forum was the one topic it was all centered around idealistically speaking making "it" or the subject itself: god.

ps it is a job I would never want again

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

My heart lighted up when I saw DBs post and all the support from the membership. Malvo went after Lumenari, too?? The poor devil lol, did she rip them / him new hole argumentatively?

Oh, NO!! She went after malvo in a new thread she created and turned him every which way but loose! Poor 'it' didn't stand a chance!

[www.abovetopsecret.com...]
edit on 700000011America/Chicago312 by nugget1 because: Add link

edit on 700000011America/Chicago312 by nugget1 because: eta

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join