It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally Disappointed in the Behavior Here During the Mod Lock Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thanks again.

I said that I like you. I have absolutely no intention of insulting you. I just didn't know how else to bring it up.

Was not sure if we might not be of some sort of help to one another. That's why I asked.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDiscoKing

Thanks again.

I said that I like you. I have absolutely no intention of insulting you. I just didn't know how else to bring it up.

Was not sure if we might not be of some sort of help to one another. That's why I asked.

Suspicious post looks suspicious.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Oh for the love of Christ.

What if it weren't suspicious? What if I really meant it?

Interested in what I might know then?

I am so not LARPing out a Stephen King novel over this.
edit on 28-10-2023 by TheDiscoKing because:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Word goes around quick. Also it only takes a post on 4chan or so and suddenly you also have juvenile children.

Look, I am not saying I am correct but it's not hard to imagine that if someone posts "OMG there is this site that lost all mods and it is completely unmoderated, let's # that place up".

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There is a good side to this experience. Don’t sacrifice your inner peace trying to point out someone’s true colors. Lack of character always reveals itself in the end.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
If this is any indication of procedure and current things to come....I'm not interested in reviving my old acct. I'll use this one until the next cluster F....; It's hard to reclaim trust or "the good old days" when no one seems to care.

Honestly, I don't even think ATS ever sold....this was some kind of cultural experiment to test voter attitudes. People who tend to the conspiratorial need to be watched according to the TPTb.

What was your old account? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: lilzazz
If this is any indication of procedure and current things to come....I'm not interested in reviving my old acct. I'll use this one until the next cluster F....; It's hard to reclaim trust or "the good old days" when no one seems to care.

Honestly, I don't even think ATS ever sold....this was some kind of cultural experiment to test voter attitudes. People who tend to the conspiratorial need to be watched according to the TPTb.

What was your old account? Inquiring minds want to know.

You've been around here almost as long as I have. It could be that the username is a nod to the original account. If it hits you, don't post it. Let the user decide whether to divulge that.

edit on 10/28/2023 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nobody counts in large amounts. I stayed out of it because the childish descent into Fly land was so pathetically predictable. No point contending with pseudo liberated fools. No point banging your head against thick walls. Better for now. Let’s see how long we last now they k ow who the idiots are.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Klassified

There was one guy going down a tangent how women are all the same and going full 1900 on the view of women, cleansing them with his male sexual organ.

For sure the breakdown brought out "the best".

That's someone who needs a straight jacket, not a keyboard.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

I think the majority that came here during the breakdown that made trouble were not active ATS members.

IMHO many were disgruntled ex members having a dig on ATS.

Yes, my thoughts too. But I wonder how they knew about the hack. Even if lurking , if they couldn't register, so no need to try to login , how would it have been obvious the mods were out? Almost as if it was planned, and they were not old members, but paid disrupturs (like Anitfa/BLM etc). Just instead of in 'mostly peaceful' riots, it was on a popluar mainstream 'conspiracy' site ?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I think the majority that came here during the breakdown that made trouble were not active ATS members.
IMHO many were disgruntled ex members having a dig on ATS.

I dunno' .... if they were all ex members then how did they know within hours that the site was a free for all? Ex members who constantly lurk?
I said the same thing, just noticed your comment

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I couldnt post at all
Me neither, couldn't login. Wouldn't recognize my password or email. I didn't bother to create a new account during all the mayhem as it didn't seem a worthwhile place to post.

IMO , this could have been a test to see how people react during a breakdown and a mod lockout. Then again, it was possible to say everything and anything, so who knows what the point was in that case.

Someone on another forum said it was like they were 'shaking the cage' to see how we react.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If you’re hinting at zazzafraz, I don’t believe you’re correct.

This question was raised elsewhere.

Not her. Hence, why I asked.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I agree with many of you that without moderation, this site temporarily turned into Lord of the Flies. It got ugly real quick. I had no qualms about going after the trolls/fake accounts. I called some of them out. They were nasty to me, so I gave it right back, and no, I don't feel the least guilty about doing so. I was bullied from the time I was a little girl, and then after joining the Navy, it was sexual harassment and sexual assault. I vowed that after that, I wouldn't ever let anyone treat me like that again. I abhor bullies, and that's exactly what all those troll accounts were - bullies.

Despite the fact that I'm a lefty, I would never ever want to defund the police. Things would go to # real quick with that too. I'm very relieved that the mods are back. I think we took them for granted until this happened.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

If you’re hinting at zazzafraz, I don’t believe you’re correct.

This question was raised elsewhere.

Not her. Hence, why I asked.

That's why I said "could be". If it isn't her, I haven't a clue. Some folks posting style is more recognizable than others.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
and post removals in a post about how bad it got.....

edit on Octpm31pmf0000002023-10-28T19:08:27-05:000727 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join