It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO2 does not cause warming. Now what?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There is a growing body of empirical and scientific evidence that CO2 cannot and does not cause warming in our atmosphere in any significant manner.

This thread is not to debate that, though I'm sure some debate will ensue on it. This thread is for the discussion of what that means?

Is there a different advantage to moving away from hydrocarbons? One that would justify continuing on the current path? Should we abandon such a move altogether?
edit on 17-10-2023 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2023 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Please Correct your Thread title before my head explodes.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In devil's advocate mode, can you please source/provide evidence for your statement?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The stigma surrounding CO2 causing global warming is just to keep TPTB's pockets lined with money.

They want all of us to be more reliant on THEIR energy grid and the plants that supply those grids. They don't care about "going green" or doing what's best for any of us, they care about one thing and one thing only.....

The green that flows from our pockets into theirs.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
..they care about one thing and one thing only.....

The green that flows from our pockets into theirs.

I would say it's really about exercising more power and control over all of us. With electricity they can track your habits and shut you off with the flick of a switch.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Finding an alternative to using refined oil to power our automobiles is a worthy cause. Regardless of how much we have, oil if a finite resource. And burning it does cause pollution. It's a shame that this discussion can't just be had from that point of view, as it would have much more support from EVRYONE, rather than the feeling that we are being cheated in some way by the climate goons. But they have their hubris and smug to contend with, and they won't be putting down those play things anytime soon.

I also would like to see the evidence for the claim if it exists.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Fixed, haha!

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's about looking like your doing something, while not doing anything. (and making money will they are at it.)

Go Green, spend all this money to improve our environment. (While we make all kinds of money off you! and some of it is actually pretty bad)

So you aren't paying attention to the one actual thing that will improve our environment, which is cleaning up the plastic mess we made, that is actually causing great harm to all living things. (But we can't make money off this yet, it will actually cost us money, so no thank you.)

So yeah, we should stop the whole "green initiative". It's BS.
edit on 17-10-2023 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

1950-1985. Atmospheric CO2 increased, temperature decreased.

1997-2015. Atmospheric CO2 increased, temperature did not.

So in the last 75 years of increasing CO2 levels, only a small period of warming occurred. If CO2 was the culprit, we wouldn't see step up patterns.

Then there is the fact that CO2 doesn't retain heat in any appreciable way.

Then there is the fact that it makes up such a tiny portion of the atmosphere (0.04%) that any heat it could retain would be absorbed by the surrounding molecules and dissipated.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The problem is, so far every alternative solution comes with its own set of unpleasant environmental consequences (no matter how hard TPTB try to hide them).

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I agree, but new ideas come all the time. Maybe one day someone will find a way to make a car run on water, and not die immediately after.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I for one, think those fields look amazing, in a nuclear waste kind of way lol

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just read a study about how the rocket and satelite debris are building up in our stratosphere. I guess metal particles are accumulating from these things burning up in the atmosphere. They do not know the mechanism yet of exactly will be happening, but they know the amount has increased quite a bit since so many things have been shot into orbit over the last decade. They do know that these particles are combining with natural things in the atmosphere that protect the earth and are very concerned that if they do not do something about expanding space launches that it could cause major effects on our climate.. I think this is a part of why the weather has been weirderlately.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry, but when it comes to the climate change debate, I'm trusting the experts.

link   

There is a growing body of empirical and scientific evidence that CO2 cannot and does not cause warming in our atmosphere in any significant manner.

Venus disagrees.

Its gaseous envelope is composed of more than 96 percent carbon dioxide and 3.5 percent molecular nitrogen. Trace amounts of other gases are present, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, water vapour, argon, and helium
www.britannica.com...

It's quite warm there , a balmy 867°F (464°C).

link   

Back in the 90's, I had a Sharper Image catalog that featured levitating shoes for $300 that claimed to use nuclear powered batteries that never needed to be replaced.
They were said to be one size fits all, which I thought was odd for shoes.

On the subject of the effects of CO2 on the global temperature, I think we should also be looking at the effects of oxygen on global temperatures, since an increase in plant life on Earth, increases oxygen while decreasing CO2.

Rather than focusing on reducing CO2, maybe we should be focusing on converting it into oxygen by restoring, or at least protecting, our rainforests and oceans.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Years ago my old band manager/ producer, swore he successfully rigged up his 98 Ford Explorer that way and was able to drive all the way to California without getting gas. I don't know exactly what he claims to have done to it, but I saw under his hood, and it definitely wasn't a normal engine. He's kinda geeky but he's not a genius, and he said he'd found plans on the internet somewhere. Who knows. It's definitely possible.
I didn't ask much more at the time. We still hang out once in a blue moon, but idk if he still has that vehicle or if it's been converted back somehow. I know he was driving it during the pandemic bc he showed up to a party in it. Maybe I'll ask about it next time I see him. I'd totally forgotten.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Fixed, haha!

It's still incorrect but hey no worries .

As for your thread mate a link or something would go a long way .

Is there a different advantage to moving away from hydrocarbons? One that would justify continuing on the current path? Should we abandon such a move altogether?

That is a good question and I've wondered myself what is the advantage of moving to ' Battery powered Everything ' ? Mining and Manufacturing Lithium and other rare Earth Minerals/Metals is massively harmful to the environment.

I think in the end it comes down to control . Battery/Electric powered Car, Stoves , Water heaters , Lawn-Mowers etc etc to infinity . All of these devices can be switched off and controlled by the powers that be.
edit on 17-10-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What's the density of venus' atmosphere compared to earth?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's quite warm there , a balmy 867°F (464°C).

Yeah well, how do you factor out the fact that Venus is a lot closer to the Sun, to be able to measure the difference that CO2 amounts account for?

edit on 17-10-2023 by IndieA because: Reworded

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join