It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the Clown World

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I
The two stories that really made my jaw drop. In California they have created something called an Ebony Alert, for brown/black children instead of Amber Alert…. I really do understand that there is under representation when certain children are missing vs. other children.
Why not fix Amber Alerts instead..? Why separate and segregate even more?

The second crazy story, now I haven’t seen this with my own eyes, but I have read it in more than one place.
Some self checkouts are now asking people if they want to tip… I’m not talking about restaurant self checkout, I’m talking like Walmart!!!!
Who the heck are they tipping? So now they want us to do the work, bag it, scan it etc, and give a random tip? It is in the testing phase and just think, even if 99% of people say no, that 1% could equal millions and millions of dollars…..

This one is kinda out there…

I was reading a new story and a sponsorship for this cologne/perfume came up. I didn’t realize it was cologne at first.
It sounded very similar to one of my all time favorites so I purchased a sample.
I’m not a big perfume person. I’m a super smeller and I can smell “layers” in thing more accurately than others.
So… it is a mens cologne (advertised as a cologne for men)……Here’s the thing.. I think the smells are what men are normally attracted to.
So isn’t it kinda weird they are making a cologne that is to be worn by men, that would attract men.. I guess fantastic for gay men..but wouldn’t it be better for women?
I think there are a lot of things like this under the current that are blurring the gender lines…many don’t realize it. Just like there are subliminal messages, I believe there are subliminal scents… I don’t think many realize how powerful they are.

The idea with the ebony alerts is indeed also IMO to segregate us further (divide and conquer).
The walmart self-checkout tipping, they are just mocking the guilible idiots (anyone who uses self-checkout is already an idiot IMO , you are paying more than ever for groceries and now doing a cashiers job for free ) . Idiots will tip for sure.

The scents thing, well part of the depopulation agenda . All very subtle.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

I have started to see this more and more in all aspects of a "self checkout" world. It is getting to be beyond ridiculous, and if you don't tip, you are the problem.....what a croc of crap.

I have not seen this in a grocery type store, but I have seen it at Panera. I assume that it is going to those making the stuff so I often tip, (my Panera usually goes above/beyond) but now I wonder if it is actually going to them..
Guess I’ll ask next time I go there! What if all those tips just go to the store. How do the employees know what people are giving…

I would never ever tip at a grocery store where I have to scan my own items..

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Think I would be saying in a loud voice.... "Yeah, here's a tip........ bring back proper bloody checkouts with real humans!!"

Can I just say as an American I absolutely LOVE the British accent. I can totally hear someone saying that with the accent.
“Bloody Hell!!!” 🥰
I was once in London, and a person asked me if I was American and I said yes, and they told me they loved my accent and I laughed, and it was really weird.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Eyyyyyyy! Another super smeller! There’s another reason why I like you!

It does suck though quite often. It’s so hard to eat food sometimes even simply because I can taste the slightest hint of something going bad or rancid and it’s ALL I can taste when I try to eat but everyone is saying they haven’t a clue what I am talking about.

I’ll tell one huge secret of mine though…since the day I was born, I have loved my mom’s natural smell more than anything on earth. Like when I am about to part with her, I say, “can I get a smell?” And when I visit mom and dad, I simply hand her my pillow and she has known for 40 years that just means, “switch your pillow out with this so I can recharge it!” Because I never have more peaceful sleep than when I can smell my mama…to this day! Maybe it’s something that I should be ashamed of, but I am not. Any day now I will never be able to smell her again.

awwwww

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: network dude

Now if they start doing MAP alerts, way easier to find them and rid them of the attractions......

Now THAT'S a damn good idea!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Eyyyyyyy! Another super smeller! There’s another reason why I like you!

It does suck though quite often. It’s so hard to eat food sometimes even simply because I can taste the slightest hint of something going bad or rancid and it’s ALL I can taste when I try to eat but everyone is saying they haven’t a clue what I am talking about.

I’ll tell one huge secret of mine though…since the day I was born, I have loved my mom’s natural smell more than anything on earth. Like when I am about to part with her, I say, “can I get a smell?” And when I visit mom and dad, I simply hand her my pillow and she has known for 40 years that just means, “switch your pillow out with this so I can recharge it!” Because I never have more peaceful sleep than when I can smell my mama…to this day! Maybe it’s something that I should be ashamed of, but I am not. Any day now I will never be able to smell her again.

Norman Bates has entered the chat I see..
Must be spooky season!

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Most of the grocery stores by me only have 1 or 2 manned registers at any time. But they all recently went to having anywhere between 10-20 self checkouts.

I give them their 5 star "rating" when I leave but if they ever ask for a tip it is quickly declined without hesitation.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Think I would be saying in a loud voice.... "Yeah, here's a tip........ bring back proper bloody checkouts with real humans!!"

Can I just say as an American I absolutely LOVE the British accent. I can totally hear someone saying that with the accent.
“Bloody Hell!!!” 🥰
I was once in London, and a person asked me if I was American and I said yes, and they told me they loved my accent and I laughed, and it was really weird.

Errrmmm slightly wrong country.... I'm Scottish ;P

So rather than pronounced like in England (London) 'blah-day', in Scotland it sounds more like 'bluh-dy' with the bl'oo'dy sounding like the 'u' in Up or like blunt and the dy is like the ey in hey. There is also a more choppy rhythmic sound between the uh and ey sounding like two really separate syllables often changing pitch in the vocal tone (and good for emphasis when really pissed off, almost like two separate words - three if you count the hell lol.... eg. BLUH - DEY HELL! also often followed by ' For F@$K SAKE!!!) where as it is more smoothly wafted and pushed together in England (London).

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I seldom eat meat, not because I don't like it but because it not only smells awful when cooking but I can taste the hormones/chemicals in it. Chicken is the worst! I'll eat and enjoy local grass fed anytime, though.

My hubby has a habit of leaving the spoon in the leftovers or a can of half-used vegetables that he puts in the fridge; he doesn't b3elieve I can taste the meatal. He has a very compromised sense of smell AND taste. Why he hasn't poisoned himself is beyond me!

Years ago I could eat a hotdog or processed sliced meat, but not anymore. I can't even digest it!

I wonder if it has something to do with being 'puritans'; people who avoid as many chemicals as possible and aren't rolling their sleeves up every six months for the latest, greatest recommended vaccine. People who keep their pharmaceutical intake down to a bare minimum? I didn't choose to be this way; it's just an aversion that my sense of taste, smell and wellbeing morphed into over the years.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Errrmmm slightly wrong country.... I'm Scottish ;P

Even better accent!

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I seldom eat meat, not because I don't like it but because it not only smells awful when cooking but I can taste the hormones/chemicals in it. Chicken is the worst! I'll eat and enjoy local grass fed anytime, though.

Nobody understand when I say that chicken tastes too chickenEY. I can tolerate fresh Amish or similar farmed chicken. Can’t stomach rotisserie chicken very often. I don’t think chicken is the worst though, farm raised Salmon is completely 100% inedible for me.
I also can easily taste metal.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Just wait til the LGBTQ+ crowd get wind of this and demand a 'Rainbow Alert' **rolls eyes

Now that you've said it...

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

if he had a head injury he would not be wearing this. If anything it would lead him to fall and injure himself.

It covered his whole head from crown to neck:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

It does suck though quite often. It’s so hard to eat food sometimes even simply because I can taste the slightest hint of something going bad or rancid and it’s ALL I can taste when I try to eat but everyone is saying they haven’t a clue what I am talking about. I’ll tell one huge secret of mine though…since the day I was born, I have loved my mom’s natural smell more than anything on earth. Like when I am about to part with her, I say, “can I get a smell?” And when I visit mom and dad, I simply hand her my pillow and she has known for 40 years that just means, “switch your pillow out with this so I can recharge it!” Because I never have more peaceful sleep than when I can smell my mama…to this day! Maybe it’s something that I should be ashamed of, but I am not. Any day now I will never be able to smell her again.

Everything you said is 100% the same with me. A lot of people have lost their sense of smell/taste.
When I was pregnant it was magnified 1000X. When I had a medical procedure and couldn’t eat for a week it was magnified 1000x…. You want to know what was the worst. Gatorade, I could taste every chemical.
I can taste when strawberries are sprayed.. some say organic but they are still sprayed sometimes!

I also loved my mama’s scent, very warm and comforting!

Oh strawberries are the WORST! For like…six years or so now, strawberries, which I used to love, have such a chlorine like or chemical taste no matter how much I wash them that the flavor is too overpowering to enjoy them. Everyone else says I’m crazy!

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

farm raised Salmon is completely 100% inedible for me.

I'm not a fish eater, but I believe you! I have always loved canned tuna, though-until a few years ago. It doesn't taste 'right' anymore.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I can understand someone suspecting the MSM as biased and fake, but to get your news off social media?

How do you tell between opinion and reportage?

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I can understand someone suspecting the MSM as biased and fake, but to get your news off social media?

How do you tell between opinion and reportage?

Any news these days needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Katatonik

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

You saw a kid, wearing a really popular mask, in a store, a few weeks before Halloween??? Say it isn't so! The whole world's gone to sh1t.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

No. I saw him walking outside on the sidewalk going into a grocery store . I have never seen a kid as old as 12 or 13 walking around behind his mom in a mask at a grocery store in broad daylight. it was odd.

<< 1    3 >>

join