It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benjamin Netanyahu Ignored Warnings from Egypt about a Potential Incoming Attack from Hamas.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
US Congressman Michael McCaul confirms Egypt gave the warnings.

"We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen," Mr McCaul told reporters following a closed-door intelligence briefing on Wednesday for lawmakers about the Middle East crisis, according to AFP news agency.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He ignored it because it would benefit him. Americans wanted nothing to do with WW2 until Japans "surprise" attack on Pearl Harbor. Even though Australia warned us in advance. 9/11 was called a "failure of imagination", even though many intelligence members warned something was going to happen. Everyone who failed at their jobs that day were promoted. And the military industry complex got a nice big 20 year war out of it.

Netanyahu was facing a lot of problems. What a wonderful distraction. And the other benefit? Israel finally gets to take over Gaza and the West Bank. No more "two state" solutions necessary.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm reserving my right to think that McCaul was wrong
before, and he could be wrong again.

www.politico.com...

Not directed at anyone in the thread or the OP.
Its just that too many of the players are
repeats from the Russia fabrications.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So this might be a false flag event like pearl harbor.. they knew that was coming and let it.

People with cloths and fans beating the most sophistacted air defense system in the world. Sounds a bit like 911.. Wasnt that another false flag event. Remember the MOSAD agents caught filming the event and dancing..THe got locked up for a few days and then released. Or how about the MOSAD art students that went floor to floor..

How about all those that died on the US liberty that took subtainable damage for getting to close to the false flag bombing event pulled off in Egypt by Isreal.

and here is the funny thing

HAMAS was created by MOSAD .. just like ISIS was created by the CIA

Blurred lines.. WHo gains

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
double post just as ats went offline..

edit on 12-10-2023 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
if israel has inside saboteurs, maybe the intel was hidden and delayed every step

big problem

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   

"We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen," Mr McCaul told reporters following a closed-door intelligence briefing on Wednesday for lawmakers about the Middle East crisis, according to AFP news agency.
www.bbc.co.uk...

More concerning is that U.S. Intelligence knew of IRAN training Hamas to attack Israel for 6 weeks in advance and didn't tell Netanyahu.

Or did we? Netanyahu might be a WIMP or COMPROMISED.

SEE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either is ALARMING.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DavidsHope
Further, Bibi has no reason..nor had any reason to allow the slaughter of his own people.

Austrian economist Schumpeter wrote: “The orientation toward war is mainly fostered by the domestic interests of ruling classes but also by the influence of all those who stand to gain individually from a war policy, whether economically or socially.” These ruling classes have been defined as “elites [that] are at all times involved in trying to manipulate other elements of the population, or the public mood itself, so as to perpetuate themselves in power.”​—Why War? by Professors Nelson and Olin.

There's your reason. Netanyahu serves these people, who stand to gain from terrorist attacks succeeding, because it garners support for war efforts (defense and security measures as they call it, increased supply of military aid and budgets, etc.; all this results in the odd situation that when these people fail to do the job they are being paid for, providing safety/security for the people, they get more money, and vice versa, although the latter is probably better described as getting less of an increase to their budgets than they would if they had failed to their job of keeping people safe). It also empowers nationalistic politicians like Netanyahu, or their political parties, makes them more popular (a social benefit, which in turn provides economic benefits for those within the party who take the biggest pieces of the pie, or again, the people described by Schumpeter above).

Sometimes the people are not in favor of a war. On what basis, then, can the rulers most easily persuade the population to support their aims? This was the problem that faced the United States in Vietnam. So, what did the ruling elite do? Professor Galbraith answers: “The Vietnam War produced in the United States one of the most comprehensive efforts in social conditioning [adjusting of public opinion] in modern times. Nothing was spared in the attempt to make the war seem necessary and acceptable to the American public.” And that points to the handiest tool for softening up a nation for war. What is it?

Professor Galbraith again supplies the answer: “Schools in all countries inculcate the principles of patriotism. . . . The conditioning that requires all to rally around the flag is of particular importance in winning subordination to military and foreign policy.” This systematic conditioning prevails in communist countries as it does in Western nations.

Charles Yost, a veteran of the U.S. Foreign Service and State Department, expressed it thus: “The primary cause of the insecurity of nations persists, the very attribute on which nations pride themselves most​—their sovereign independence, their ‘sacred egoism,’ their insubordination to any interest broader or higher than their own.” This “sacred egoism” is summed up in divisive nationalism, in the pernicious teaching that any one nation is superior to all others.

Historian Arnold Toynbee wrote: “The spirit of nationality is a sour ferment of the new wine of democracy in the old bottles of tribalism.” The emphasis on nationalism and sovereignty denies the basic concept that we all belong to the same human family, regardless of linguistic or cultural differences. And that denial leads to wars.

In a flurry of published information celebrating Albert Einstein’s centennial, news columnist Joseph Kraft wrote concerning Einstein’s views on nationalism: “[Einstein] set an example in renouncing nationalism. ‘I never identified myself with any particular country,’ he once wrote. He called nationalism ‘an infantile disease . . . the measles of the human race.’”

Similarly, in a letter to the editor of Bombay’s “Indian Express” newspaper, an Indian man stated: “I do not believe in patriotism. It is an opium innovated by the politicians to serve their ugly ends. It is for their prosperity. It is for their betterment. It is for their aggrandizement. It is never for the country. It is never for the nation. It is never never for common men and women like you and I. . . . This sinister politician-invented wall shall divide man from man​—and brother from brother; till one day it shall bring about man’s doom by man. Patriotism or nationalism, to my mind, is an idiotic exercise in artificial loyalty. . . . I take no hypocritical pride in being petty this or that. I belong to mankind.”

Coming back to Einstein's description of nationalism as “an infantile disease . . . the measles of the human race”. Nationalism is well described by the psalmist’s expression, “the pestilence causing adversities.” (Psalm 91:3) It has been like a plague on humanity, leading to untold suffering. Nationalism with its resultant hatred of other peoples has existed for centuries. Today, nationalism continues to fan the flames of divisiveness. Nearly everybody gets it at one time or another, and it continues to spread. Back in 1946, British historian Arnold Toynbee wrote: “Patriotism . . . has very largely superseded Christianity as the religion of the Western World.”

Nationalism, called by the weekly magazine Asiaweek “the Last Ugly Ism,” is one of the unchanging factors that continues to provoke hatred and bloodshed. That magazine stated: “If pride in being a Serb means hating a Croat, if freedom for an Armenian means revenge on a Turk, if independence for a Zulu means subjugating a Xhosa and democracy for a Romanian means expelling a Hungarian, then nationalism has already put on its ugliest face.”

An interesting take on the subject of this thread, she seems more awake than most:

In any case, you gotta wonder about the response time of the IDF to these attacks. For a place where every civilian is prevented from leaving (from what I've heard about how Gaza is hermetically sealed off and how tight security is across the borders and how much money people are getting to keep it that way), it is remarkable that multiple large scale attacks by large terrorist groups can be carried out without any response until it's too late. Then what was all the money for for keeping such a tight stranglehold on Gaza? For driving the Palestinians into the arms of Hamas by making them suffer perhaps? Divide and conquer.
edit on 16-10-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Professor Galbraith again supplies the answer: “Schools in all countries inculcate the principles of patriotism. . . . The conditioning that requires all to rally around the flag is of particular importance in winning subordination to military and foreign policy.” This systematic conditioning prevails in communist countries as it does in Western nations.

The Pledge of Allegiance in the US is a good example of such conditioning, which is the point of this video:

edit on 16-10-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The BBC have been speaking to the eyes and ears at Israel's border with Gaza , female conscripts are posted at military points along the border to watch and listen for signs of the unusual but in the weeks running up to October 7th their warnings of something unusual happening were ignored .

In the months leading up to the 7 October attacks by Hamas, they did begin to see things: practice raids, mock hostage-taking, and farmers behaving strangely on the other side of the fence.

Noa, not her real name, says they would pass information about what they were seeing to intelligence and higher-ranking officers, but were powerless to do more. "We were just the eyes," she says.

It was clear to some of these women that Hamas was planning something big - that there was, in Noa's words, a "balloon that was going to burst".

The BBC has now spoken to these young women about the escalation in suspicious activity they observed, the reports they filed, and what they saw as a lack of response from senior Israel Defense Forces (IDF) officers.

We have also seen WhatsApp messages the women sent in the months before 7 October, talking about incidents at the border. To some of them it became a dark joke: who would be on duty when the inevitable attack came?

These women were not the only ones raising the alarm, and as more testimony is gathered, anger at the Israeli state - and questions over its response - are mounting.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's funny listening to elite Intelligence officials force themselves to say, "We missed the signs an attack was coming".

That's like a crossing guard saying, "I didn't see the group of kids crossing the street before the car hit them".

My God...it's their job. It's what they do. It's what we pay them to do. WTF?

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Like the US, Israel compromised their own security to "give peace a chance." Left-wing elements within Israel actually believed Hamas could be a partner towards a peace process. Netanyahu should've known better than to let his guard down.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

The question is why did they miss something that big when the warning bells were ringing , negligence ? ... or something else.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

It's funny listening to elite Intelligence officials force themselves to say, "We missed the signs an attack was coming".

That's like a crossing guard saying, "I didn't see the group of kids crossing the street before the car hit them".

My God...it's their job. It's what they do. It's what we pay them to do. WTF?

Intelligence is an extraordinarily complex process. If you look back before Russia invaded Ukraine, half the ex-intel talking heads in news coverage were saying they were gonna invade and half were saying it was a bluff. Same before Saddam invaded Kuwait in 1990. Two qualified people can look at the same intelligence and have an honest difference of opinion as to their interpretation of what it means.

This is completely lost on the public. People like to believe anything and everything can be condensed into a 30-second soundbite that can make them understand the issue on the nightly news. Reality is much more complicated.
edit on 15-1-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Like the US, Israel compromised their own security to "give peace a chance."

Seriously ?

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Like the US, Israel compromised their own security to "give peace a chance."

Seriously ?

Oh, my bad. You just wanted an echo chamber.

Rah rah!!! Believe the naive leftist media!!! Israel evil!!!

Better?

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.bbc.co.uk...

More concerning is that U.S. Intelligence knew of IRAN training Hamas to attack Israel for 6 weeks in advance and didn't tell Netanyahu.

Or did we? Netanyahu might be a WIMP or COMPROMISED.

SEE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either is ALARMING.

Given Biden hates Netanyahu and the left has a weird love affair with Iran, I wouldn't be surprised if it was withheld.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Better?

Not really , the claim Netanyahu's Far Right government was giving peace a chance was so absurd as to be funny , I thought perhaps you were joking.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

"Intelligence" may be too complex now. Training for 45 days after vowing to strike Israel, without ringing alarm bells, means the current intelligence agencies can be mostly defunded, and rebuilt from scratch around basic principles.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Better?

Not really , the claim Netanyahu's Far Right government was giving peace a chance was so absurd as to be funny , I thought perhaps you were joking.

I know, to you "giving peace a chance" is laying down their arms, opening their border, and letting themselves be slaughtered. I hope your wet dream never becomes reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join