It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge death toll on both Israel and Palestine-Over 1,100 deaths in just 2 days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

The day after militant group Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel, the two sides were engaged in all-out war, with at more than 1,100 dead — at least 700 in Israel and 424 in Gaza, officials said.

Three sources familiar with a phone briefing of U.S. legislators late Sunday said they were told that at least four Americans have been killed in the Hamas attacks and that the number would most likely rise.

Calling it a sign of the U.S.’ “ironclad support” for Israel, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said U.S. armed forces were moving an aircraft carrier strike group and military aircraft closer to Israel.

Earlier in the day, Lebanon’s Hezbollah militant group fired dozens of rockets and shells at Israeli positions in a disputed area in the north. Hezbollah said it did so in solidarity with Hamas. Israel returned fire.

There hasn't been such a huge death toll as far as I remember in just 2 days and also generally speaking, in the long term conflict between Israelis and Palestinians. Over 1,100 deaths on both sides which is obviously expected to rise sharply if the war continues.

On the top of this thousands of people have been injured on both sides and many have seen their homes and belongings destroyed. More than 123,000 people have been internally displaced in the Gaza Strip after the Israeli Air Force strikes Hamas targets in Gaza.

youtu.be...

www.amnesty.org... israel-and-gaza-as-death-toll-mounts/

m.economictimes.com...

Nothing good will come out of this other than a prolonged conflict with many more deaths on both sides, injuries, destruction of property, economic devastation, and the risk of more nations joining the conflict and the war spreading uncontrollably.

edit on 9-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Nothing good will come out of this other than a prolonged conflict.

We are at 75 years at present.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

How many years this war been going on now???

2000 years or what?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hold on tight because it's just going to get worse. Confirmation last night that Iran was intimately involved in the planning of the attacks on Israel. So Israel isn't just at war with Hamas, it's at war with Iran now too.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Hold on tight because it's just going to get worse. Confirmation last night that Iran was intimately involved in the planning of the attacks on Israel. So Israel isn't just at war with Hamas, it's at war with Iran now too.

Yes, that seems to be true.
You can also say by the number of deaths on the Israeli side. I can't remember over 700 deaths in just 2 days which means Hamas had been provided with weapons, support, technology and intelligence.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Nothing good will come out of this other than a prolonged conflict.

We are at 75 years at present.

And it won't end for another 175 years the way it goes.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Amnesty International is a biased, pro-terrorism organization. I wouldn't use them as a source.

HonestReporting has done plenty of stories about Amnesty's support for terrorism
edit on 9 10 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Amnesty International is a biased, pro-terrorism organization. I wouldn't use them as a source.

HonestReporting has done plenty of stories about Amnesty's support for terrorism

I can't confirm whether what you say is true but the death toll on both sides is huge. I think we can agree this conflict will bring no benefits but only destruction and death.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

I can't confirm whether what you say is true but the death toll on both sides is huge. I think we can agree this conflict will bring no benefits but only destruction and death.

War brings destruction and death.

Maybe the Palestinians should give up the war. They've been offered their own state a bunch of times. Every other actor in the region that has made peace with Israel has seen nothing but benefit from it.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

this conflict will bring no benefits but only destruction and death.

I dunno about that. If Israel can crush Hamas that would make the world a safer place.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Much like Russia and Ukraine have to keep it in their borders same applies here If Israel or Hamas hit elsewhere this will cascade out of control.

Hezbollah is saying it wasn't them but how can you trust anybody in the region.

State Department recommends US citizens who want safe exit from Gaza are advised to check the status of the Rafah Crossing into Egypt. Embassy personnel are sheltering in place.

Lavrov has entered the chat

edit on 9-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

this conflict will bring no benefits but only destruction and death.

I dunno about that. If Israel can crush Hamas that would make the world a safer place.

Unlikely it will happen with so much support from other countries. But there would be great loses among those who fight for Hamas.

The 700+ dead Israelis in just 2 days shows that Hamas has had support in all areas from those who traditionally support them.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

So what do you think Israel should do?

Surely you don't think they should just be like "700 dead, but if we attack there will be more, so we'll just accept that and move on."

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It looks like many are taking a lot of poetic justice in the rewriting of "The Little Mouse That Roared".

The Duchy is being given some Wizard of Oz characteristics, and with a Man In The High Castle feel.

All fictional tales, with the possibilities of reality thrown in.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Surely you don't think they should just be like "700 dead, but if we attack there will be more, so we'll just accept that and move on."

Israel has already answered by killing over 500 Palestinians (as of a few hours ago). And it will increase its efforts by bombing Gaza and then a ground Invasion with tens of thousands of troops.
But that will not solve the problem.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Israel has already answered by killing over 500 Palestinians (as of a few hours ago). And it will increase its efforts by bombing Gaza and then a ground Invasion with tens of thousands of troops.

No but it will make sure Gazan resources and manpower are used in support of Gaza instead of attacking Israel

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That's not what I asked.

What do you think Israel's response should have been to a terrorist attack that killed over 700 innocent people?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That's not what I asked.

What do you think Israel's response should have been to a terrorist attack that killed over 700 innocent people?

I ve already told you.
Precisely what happens at the moment.
But my point is, this won't solve any problems. It will probably engage more nations in a widespread conflict in the region.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

No but it will make sure Gazan resources and manpower are used in support of Gaza instead of attacking Israel

In this case it will damage the Hamas effort. No doubt about it.

The difference is Hamas seems to have a range of resources from other countries including man power that can replace those who are killed in the war.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
President Biden's $6 billion dollar gift has not arrived in Iran yet. It is now in Qatar. Why doesn't Joe Biden refreeze it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join