It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends with tents - BYO2023 - writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Three friends went camping one day to relive their memories from their play in the hay. Bring your own was the say and so they went on their way. Set up their tents on camping ground unanimously they found, that all of the three forgot something to a degree. Lucky they were caring so there was sharing, among these friends sitting in their own tents.

As the night approached their things got poached by this storm, without invite, the three friends had a fight. They lost the first tent, there it went, into the grey, of the night, giving them plight. Lost the second shelter, in this horrible event, that is not about the end. Sitting in the last refuge, dripping from the rain, they entertain:

"This is fun, we should not run", said the first one.
"I am concerned about us", said the second without making a fuzz.
"This is unfortunate but normal", said the third one formal.

As by now you figured out, "bring" your own, wasn't really what this poem is about.

The fourth person, you reading this now, let's see if you are schlau. Don't ask me how, there is a code hidden, but I can not tell you, it is forbidden! I weaved it into this flowing poem, to find them in time, you have to row them, break the line at every rhyme. Locate the patterns and connect, see what you get. If you think you are on, not spoil the fun, instead, post the number or live with the pun.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Great work, TDDAgain! Very good and clever.

I'm trying to decipher the hidden message, but I'm not there yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Schlau? LOL. Not me!

Nice rhymes.

Cheers
edit on 1-10-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I agree with Encia, fun and clever! I will put some time into deciphering the rhyme and see if it adds up 💟

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Haha thank you all for the nice words

Don't make it too complicated though with the enigma.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Really enjoy the 3/4 time signature cadence of your poem! Very cunning idea (schlau??), and all the while telling a cryptic tale. Your contribution was a lot of fun, and challenging.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus
Thank you, I had a lot of fun, too!

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Nice Duck!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

π ?