It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbollah Flies Drone Over Northern Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i wasn't aware Hezbollah could afford such things..........

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
i wasn't aware Hezbollah could afford such things..........

The EU and "France" refuse to put hizbollah on the terror list so fund raising in europe is open and easy. That is all in addition to the backing of Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Dr love and any of you others that are interested in real give and take should put that a-- hole dr. horavcid on ignore. He adds nothing to the mix. I started ignoring him months ago and haven't missed him a bit.

Isreal had better hope hezb allah doesn't get it's hands on the technology to deliver weapons with their drones. I can't imagine they have that ability, now.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
a-- hole dr. horavcid on ignore. He adds nothing to the mix. I started ignoring him months ago and haven't missed him a bit.

Its like a train wreck or car wreck, you just have to look.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Again, why does this have to degenerate into a discussion on Dr. Horacid?!

Address the TOPIC and not the messenger.
Here's a little trick I learned long ago, if you don't like what someone has commented or said, simply do NOT RESPOND to IT!

*shakes head*
For the THIRD time, the topic is:
Hizbollah Flies Drone Over Northern Israel

seekerof

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
simply do NOT RESPOND to IT!

Your right, my bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
OK, so they have demonstrated that they have the drones, as well as the technology to fly them. So they fly one over Israel, which is a bold move in and of itself - it let's the Israelis, the US, as well as the rest of the world know that they have them. Is this foolhardy? Is this a sign of something about to happen? What is the operating range of one of these drones?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This reminds me of that thread about the "Fox Blocker" device.

I consider everyone on ATS to be intelligent people, why else would you be here. So it surprises and disappoints me to see a thread become so polluted the way this one has.

If you don't like a topic or a member, click elsewhere. There's a MILLION posts on this site for goodness sake. I personally find the thread relevant regardless of anyone's personal opinion of Hezbollah or Israel, but that's just me.

But honestly, if you don't like the program change the channel. Why post a dozen times about not liking the author of the thread??? Even more mind boggling to me... the person who is so proud of ignoring a member still shows up and posts in his thread????????? Am I missing something here?

I don't care who the author of a thread is, all members have the right to post things. Do not post in a thread with the intent of bashing a specific person, it is strictly against the Terms & Conditions. Disagree all you want with his politics, but we can do this in a more civilized way can't we?

If a topic doesn't interest anyone, it dies out. If it does, people will contribute. Not one of us as an individual, be it a member or a moderator has the right to make that decision of what can and can't be discussed. That decision belongs to the collective membership. I ask that you please stop doing it.

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Someone said that the drone was one of eight supplied to Hezbollah by Iran. Ohers said that France has made it easy for the terrorist group to raise funds in Europe because France refuses to declae them a terrorist group (true), so Hezbollah can afford to purchase these drones on the black market.

All I know is that flying a drone over Israel's airspace is not a good idea. Especially since Israel is not exactly overjoyed with Iran's nuclear program and may interpret the drone as an incitement.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How do we even know for sure that its not an US UAV?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And now that we're back on topic, finally...

I don't think this is the same type of UAV being used by the US, like the Predator. Those are incredibly sophisticated and capable of firing various types of weapons as well aren't they? I would imagine this to be a higher end remote control glider. That sort of thing. Where you can have a small device take to the air, be steered remotely, and carry out some simple functions, for example video recording.

Is it possible to release chemicals from one? I'm sure, but it's not quite as easy as people may think. Cropdusters are the most effective way to cover a large area with an airborne contaminant and they're larger than a toy plane for a simple reason: it's not easy to cover a massive area with an airborne contaminant, it requires special equipment. Simply putting a small robot glider in the air with a "spritzer" on the back isn't gonna do the trick. Wind, precipitation and other things would cause problems that a cropduster's equipment is better at. Right now I'd look more towards surveillance as their intended goal. The things are pretty darn small usually.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think being worried about the payload capabilities of a UAV is kind of pointless. I mean why use a relatively sophisticated expensive one of a kind piece of equipment when you can use a human as a means of dispersal for free.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Djarums--your a moderator, I guess, but if you don't like us speaking about the ignore feature maybe you should talk to someone obviously more important than you, and have them remove the feature from such a highly visable location. I'm sure a lot of thought went into incorporating it, so if you don't like it ignore it.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
Djarums--your a moderator, I guess, but if you don't like us speaking about the ignore feature maybe you should talk to someone obviously more important than you, and have them remove the feature from such a highly visable location. I'm sure a lot of thought went into incorporating it, so if you don't like it ignore it.

Do you have anything to add here? Perhaps as a writer you could find some data about drones or UAV's or hizbollah or bioweapons. I find it sad someone of such intellegence has nothing to add to the actual subject. I have read some of you posts an you have a good perspective.

Engage don't just throw insults.........

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hizballah's flying drone in my view is a warning from Iran to Israel saying
'If you or the US attacks us your northern border is vulnerable to attack" - Terrorist attack of course (against civilians). The UAVs Payload can be equipped with biological and/or chemical weapons that can cause thousands of dead.

This is another step in the psychological warfare.

I see some Arabs on this forum are already salivating. Arab/Muslim pride just a tad restored.

My guess is that Israel has an answer to this threat that is not a terrorist response but a military one.

Here is a little peak at one such answer to this 'threat'.
www.israeli-weapons.com...

Simple AA guns can be an additional response.

Finally if Hizbuallah deploys the UAV as a chemical or Biological weapon Israel will see it that the PARTY OF GOD (Hizbullah in arabic) will go to party with their god really fast.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think that they maybe using them for targeting of missles, not bio-agents.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Excellent point. But when is one able to recognize a UAV as a threat? When does it get shot down? If it has a bio-payload and it's shot down over lebanon, muslims die, Israel gets blamed anyway.

I would propose they be shot down NOW, sooner rather than later.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Excellent point. But when is one able to recognize a UAV as a threat? When does it get shot down? If it has a bio-payload and it's shot down over lebanon, muslims die, Israel gets blamed anyway.

I would propose they be shot down NOW, sooner rather than later.

My guess is:
1- This is being debated in the IDF circles.
2- I do not think that Hezballah will use this as a weapon but a recon tool for Iran, Syria and themselves.
3- Shooting the UAV with a NAUTILUS system will probably kill off any bio payload.
4- I do not think that Israel will use the NAUTILUS system for this threat but wait for a bigger threat to use this toy. Israel may track the UAV with the NAUTILUS system just to test out its tracking sub-systems. They may use simple AA guns next time such an inflitration occurs.
5- I believe Israel and the US have intelligence information regarding the uses and intentions of the Iranian UAV.
6- This is all pure speculation. I do not know if the NAUTILUS system is operational as of yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Great post Dr Horacid...I was just worrying about this. All dangers to Israel worry me.

It would be too easy to rig up a drone with some pressurized tanks on a timer set to activate 15 minutes into the flight. This a dangerous for Israel and the IAF needs to take out this entire operation....NOW.

I hope they use F-16's using Cluster bombs with FAE's as a follow up....this will send a message to Hizbollah that these drones will not be tolerated.

I wonder if Israel could use a drone to monitor another drone?

Drone wars?

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time till Hizbollah figures out how to get their drones outfitted with an aresolized dispersement system.I hope they never will but the chance remains high that they would. It would be a great victory for the lunitics who hide behind masks while killing unsuspecting men, women, and children in their plan to win back land. Israel must keep vigiliant.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join