It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandella Effect Developing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of the TV show Leverage (original). I have the complete series on DVD and usually binge watch it about once a year. I tried to get my buddy and his wife into the show, so I lent him my set. He had it a few months without watching. No biggie, I still have a couple of his sets I need to return.

A few months ago, I was over for dinner and TV, I suggested watching a few episodes. My DVDs wouldn't play on his player. Weird, but not that weird. We started watching a few episodes on one of his streaming services (commercials
). First two episodes, all's well and good. We keep watching. Third episode, something seems a little off.

According to the streaming service, episode 3 is The Two Horse Job. Is that right? I would have sworn the 3rd episode was The Wedding Job, which was now listed as episode 7. I just figured the streaming service made a mistake. If you compare the two episodes, it's obvious that The Wedding Job happened before The Two Horse Job. You could see it in the character interactions, what they knew about each other and when. Notably, the conversations between Hardison and Eliot about marriage. I could go into detail if anyone's interested. Point is, I think I've seen all the episodes enough to know. I'm kind of like a Leverage Trekkie.

So, anyway, I get my DVDs back and start to binge watch. Some, not all, won't play on my player. WTF? Long story short (too late, I know) through a Google search I find that some DVDs and Blu Rays manufactured between certain dates from a certain manufacturer had some sort of flaw in the chemical process that eventually caused clouding to where the disc couldn't be read after so many years. "Dammit" I said to myself. I bought a new set and I'm in the process of backing up the set, in case this one goes bad.

With the cheapo software I'm using, I have to assign names to each episode on the backup. To try to save myself some typing, I Googled the episode list for Leverage. To my surprise, episodes 3 and 7 were switched on that as well. On the DVDs, they are on the correct order.

My conspiracy mind kicks in. Kind of strange that the streaming services and Google have the order wrong, and the DVDs with the correct order are becoming unreadable.

Make of this what you will, and no, you can't have the time back that you wasted reading this post.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

One of the best shows and in a short list of Hollywood propaganda that I'll watch when on TV.

Shame that Tim Hutton got accused of sexual something or 'nother and wasn't in the reboot.

Call me bias but the reboot seems "woke".

I'll leave it at that and say YES, the Mandela Effect DOES happen....it's rare I get Deja vue these days. And even more rare...rarer....or most rare is me dreaming.

But the Mandela Effect is stroooong these days.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I was going to say they were not aired in episode number originally, Star Trek did that in the original series a couple of times. Airing and episodes not in the same order.

As you describe the obvious character development discrepancy, I don't think this is the case. Someone might have made a mistake when documenting the series and it was just replicated as being the way things should be. They may know of the problem but with thousands of copies in the wrong order, it is just cheaper to ignore it.

There should be a wiki on the series with a discussion on this if it is only a mistake but not if the Mandella affect is going on. I knew polycarbonate, the disk material, degrades with alcohol but I did not know if the clouding with time. There were some disks designed to self destruction at one time but these are not those disks.

You can remove scratches and surface cloudiness with toothpaste but not if it is deep in the plastic. Use an old cotton T-shirt as a rag and rub from the hole to the outside, back and fourth, not in circles around the disk. This cleans the surface and leaves scratches that the reader can compensate for. Might be worth a try. Rince them well with water before playing or they will be menty fresh and possibly scratch the lense in the laser module of the reader. I never had that happen but you never know what some people will try.

You míght want to try rubbing them with just a T-shirt first. Might just be a dirt build up on the surface.

I have done this with both CDs and DVDs that I bought cheep that were scratched.

edit on 17-9-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I find that some DVDs and Blu Rays manufactured between certain dates from a certain manufacturer had some sort of flaw in the chemical process that eventually caused clouding to where the disc couldn't be read after so many years.

All CDs and DVDs are like that.

But for the thread , I find the information strange. Did someone associated with the series request the 2 episodes swapped ?
Otherwise , I don't have a clue.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You have evidence in the form of DVDs with the original episode order, so not a full-blown Mandella effect, yet. However, if the ME is a psyop done on purpose, then this could fit. With self destructing DVDs and the universal change of episode order, it almost sounds like a plan in action.

The question I always have had is why just certain details are altered in a ME? Usually something is changed that is relatively obscure or something related to pop culture, like book titles and movie scenes. What you describe could be stages of a program that is testing it's capabilities, seeing how much it can change and how far it can go. Once something starts to head down the memory hole after a decade or so, it would be relatively easy to change the available information to fit the current manufactured reality.

It may become obvious when they ratchet it up more and change more important and bigger things in a shorter time span. Instead of waiting decades for old video tapes, DVDs and books to disappear and our memories to become hazy, they will hit harder and faster to see if it changes the public's perception even more.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Known issue.
Leverage Episodes Switched

The Leverage season 1 DVD box set has the episodes in their original intended order, which makes more sense. One of the most glaring inconsistencies is between Leverage episodes "The Wedding Job" and "The Two Horse Job." In the former, Eliot tells Hardison about a girl he almost married when he was younger. In "The Two Horse Job," the girl then appears. But TNT switched "The Two Horse Job" and "The Wedding Job," meaning Eliot is telling Hardison about a girl he has already met.

Not mandella effect...
not this time, at least.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

Ah, so it's not just me.

Thanks!

killjoy

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Don’t understand the connection you are attempting to draw between the Mandela Effect (IMHO nothing more than the perfect benchmark to show just how selfish people have become) and the show Leverage.

You just explained that you thought one episode preceded the other. You even gave proof by citing information that had already been ascertained at that point. You then explained what it was that caused that confusion and confirmed that the episodes appear to be in the correct order now.

What are you arguing was confounded by our slipping into and out of other dimensions?

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Although we would NEVER find any common ground on the Mandela Effect by the way, your name and photo are ALL I need to see to know that you DO have impeccable taste though. So here goes…episode 1 Leverage…starting now! Let you know my thoughts in a few days when alllll done!

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

In My Universe , I Remember these Famous Actors Appearing on TOS back in 1966 , Don't You ? ......*)

top topics

join