It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doro, The Alien - The Oracle's Lament - The Call

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I love this ! Very creative and playful, with a dreamlike quality to it. Plus we get to think about the secret of its meaning, which I tend to enjoy doing.

Now for my two cents (and I may have simply misunderstood the setting) the elephant is on the blissful side of the door right ? The only way to the other side of the door is a keyhole, obviously too small for him to pass through. But you say that on his side there is wonder, mess and excitement and only on the other we find order and supression. Can't he use the magical nature of his realm to bend reality, shrink in size ''Alice in wonderland style'' and pass through the keyhole ?

I understand when he get to the other side he is stuck that way since he is now in a land of suppression and all, but can he actually do that ? If not, can he somehow communicate with the people on the other side through the keyhole ? Maybe whathever loving wisdom he can share could be enough to inspire them to start improving their world ? If he can talk at all, that is

(It is my hope I did not completely miss the point of your story and merely enthousiasically laid bare my clulessness.)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Seeker42

that was fun for me to read, so it's all cool as it is all just metaphorical from the elephant to the door to the 'people' involved, there is no right way of reading it anyways.
It started out with pushing the elephant through the key hole as synonym for an impossible task. With the added benefit of the elephant in itself being somewhat metaphorical in language, like 'the elephant in the room'.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Ho I think I get what you mean, its all good then
This kind of subtelty can get lost with me sometime haha

Anyway, it was an interesting read for me, so thanks for that. I like writing too, so maybe I will try sharing some stuff here in the future.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Seeker42

Keep a look out for the contests too.
That's how you can earn Writer status.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Yes I actually look forward to it ! You seem to have a very interesting contest going on, I sure will be part of it when the chance come again now that I am a member. Thanks for pointing it out to me !

<< 1   >>

join