It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airplane Crashed and Airplane Disabled Near Ohare Airport - Could be UFO Related.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The plane that crashed ran out of fuel. He was going around in a low fuel situation and reported both engines failed four miles short of the field, and that he was landing on a road.

The SwissAir flight had a bird strike on takeoff and aborted, resulting in hot brakes and possible fire. They had to wait for the fire department to give them the ok to taxi.
edit on 9/9/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The plane that crashed ran out of fuel. He was going around in a low fuel situation and reported both engines failed four miles short of the field, and that he was landing on a road.

^^ Further cementing my decision to never get on a plane again.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It was a small King Air. General Aviation has a much higher accident rate than commercial. Off the top of my head the last fatal commercial accident in the US was Colgan 3407 in 2009.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

They don’t “lose power on the runway”. They had a bird strike and aborted takeoff and had hot brakes.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You are reaching so hard it isn’t funny. They weren’t taxiing, they were taking off and hit a bird. During the abort, their brakes crossed into a temperature where they could deflate one or more tires, or start a fire. You can’t taxi with them at that temperature, so the fire department had to check them. Then they had to sit and wait until they got down to a safe temperature. The ground stop was because the ARFF units had to sit with them, making them unavailable for another emergency.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Your not that big guy out of the A Team, by any chance?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It was a small King Air. General Aviation has a much higher accident rate than commercial. Off the top of my head the last fatal commercial accident in the US was Colgan 3407 in 2009.

It's not just equipment/system problems...it's also people problems. No thanks, I'll be looking at RVs soon.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Your not that big guy out of the A Team, by any chance?

The smart one?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Which are blown way out of proportion by the media. If the problems were nearly as bad as they’d have you believe, there would be a lot more of them going on.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Which are blown way out of proportion by the media. If the problems were nearly as bad as they’d have you believe, there would be a lot more of them going on.

And I'm done with the sardine can seating design.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There’s talk of a seat size mandate which will help with that. It’s just a matter of finding a pitch that lets the airline make money and the passenger be comfortable.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There’s talk of a seat size mandate which will help with that. It’s just a matter of finding a pitch that lets the airline make money and the passenger be comfortable.

...and no serving alcohol would be nice, I mean can't people hold without a drink for less than one day?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Usually fly to Skiathos from Gatwick, early morning flight.

Full English breakfast or Nandos, pint and then a couple of Bloody Mary's on plane.

On holibobs. Why not?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

With some of the people they have to fly with? If I drank, I’d want to be drunk on some of the flights I’ve been on.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

With some of the people they have to fly with? If I drank, I’d want to be drunk on some of the flights I’ve been on.

I was reading yesterday about a plane that took off from Atlanta... and somebody on board pooped all over the aisle.

It had to turn around and go back to Atlanta to be cleaned up by people in biohazard suits.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

We always watch Flight the night before flying, too.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Any kind of bodily fluid is a biohazard and has to be treated as such. They made the right choice to return, especially since it was so early in the flight, but the video isn’t that bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

A 30 minute ground stop for this one incident is a bit extreme don't you think?

No. Just like all other industries, airlines are also operating with skeleton crews.

I would expect coordinating getting a disabled plane off the field requires a lot of effort and coordination among several support groups.

edit on 600000033America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You are reaching so hard it isn’t funny.

theres a first time for everything

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join