It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inflation cost of gasoline is bringing unheard of prices ever before in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
1. High Octane gas at 205 yen per liter
2. Regular at 194 yen per liter
3. Trucking gasoline at 178 yen per liter

The Yen today is nearing 150 yen per dollar.
It is only going to get worse. In my opinion gas prices in the States and other countries will top over 7 bucks a gallon.

So if you have a high octane motorcycle, what is your price now based on the yen per gallon?

www.msn.com... %E5%8A%A9%E9%87%91%E3%81%AF-%E3%82%84%E3%82%81%E6%99%82-%E3%81%A7%E3%81%AF%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E3%81%8B/ar-AA1gloXM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1b781052338e4798a 64e75a6478824d7&ei=9

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

So if you have a high octane motorcycle, what is your price now based on the yen per gallon?

Honestly still not bad. A high octane motorcycle is going to get some pretty crazy fuel efficiency.

Japan is an island nation who imports much of their needs, they’ve always had to pay a premium on commodities. They offset that by being a hyper productive nation and offering something at the trade table.

I’m sure it hurts, but their vehicles have always been at the forefront for efficiency.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

WTF is “trucking gasoline”?

Do you mean diesel? That’s usually always more expensive than petrol in Australia.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Do you mean diesel? That’s usually always more expensive than petrol in Australia.

Yes, trucking gasoline means " diesel " . I remember in the States diesel was less then 20 cents a gallon. Can you believe that. And gasoline my Chevy Nova was only 23 cents a gallon in Florida.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Yes, trucking gasoline means " diesel " . I remember in the States diesel was less then 20 cents a gallon. Can you believe that. And gasoline my Chevy Nova was only 23 cents a gallon in Florida.

You're showing your age, MIM!
I remember as a teenager two rival stations would have 'gas wars' to undercut each other, and one night we got gas for 15 or 17 cents a gallon.

The whole world seems to be onboard with using the Green agenda and Covid to first bankrupt every nation, then swoop in with a plan to 'save us all'.
The only snag seems to be BRICS; not everybody is on board with a One World Government, it seems.....and we all know how that's going to end.

Enjoy every day as if it's your last, because one day it will be.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I remember as a teenager two rival stations would have 'gas wars' to undercut each other, and one night we got gas for 15 or 17 cents a gallon.

The whole world seems to be onboard with using the Green agenda and Covid to first bankrupt every nation, then swoop in with a plan to 'save us all'.
The only snag seems to be BRICS; not everybody is on board with a One World Government, it seems.....and we all know how that's going to end.

Actually gas was about 18 censt a gallon when I was 16. Cigs were 25 cents a pack. And chips 10 cents a bag and my favorite, Hostess cherry pie for only 12 cents. I wonder what they cost now in the States?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   

A hostess cherry pie is now a whopping 15cents....
It's getting bad here man!

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Right now, it's would be around $9 a gallon for 94, that would be $6.60 in US funds. It very close to the same for 87 just a week ago, it dropped 14c per ltr overnight after 2 weeks of being gouged..the price is up and down like a yoyo

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   

"Fill er up with oil and check the gas"

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Why is BRICS a snag? BRICS is about removing the US Dollar from the world's reserve currency. BRICS is about destroying the petro dollar. It's working.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Detroit day before Labor Day....$3.99-4.01gallon....

Yesterday, down $.51-$3.49 g

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Last I saw, Gas was $1.80 per gallon in Russia.

Those Sanctions are really paying off, huh?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

The best sanctions on Russia would have been Trumps oil and gas policies which was gas at $2.17 a gallon. Russia wouldn't have had the financing for the Ukrainian adventure they started.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Last I saw, Gas was $1.80 per gallon in Russia.

Those Sanctions are really paying off, huh?

Wouldn’t gas be cheap there if they just lost a whole bunch of buyers? The buyers they have left like China and India are getting it at a discount too.

I don’t think their domestic fuel prices are the best metric to gauge their economic standing. What’s the average Russian make in a month? What percentage of their income are they using towards fuel vs someone in another country?

There’s a lot more questions we could ask, but my point is that it’s very nuanced.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
194 Yen for regular petrol works out to £1.05 here in the UK..We hit that price around 2007
People would be out in the streets celebrating if it ever hit that price today.

Nowadays its at around £1.45 or 267 Yen per litre!!

So Although its bad in Japan-Take comfort that at least its not "UK bad"

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

1. High Octane gas at 205 yen per liter
2. Regular at 194 yen per liter
3. Trucking gasoline at 178 yen per liter

The Yen today is nearing 150 yen per dollar.
It is only going to get worse.

You saw nothing, I converted the high octane price to € and it's laughable cheap. 1.30€/L compared to around 2€/L currently here and it has been like that for like one and a half years now. Not sure what people earn in Japan on a regular basis but I guess it's somewhat near or higher than in Germany since Japan is a lot better developed in infrastructure (IMHO).

So it's 315 yen per L or 1432yen per gallon for me here.

It kind of sucks, the 2€/L because you like can hear the fuel gushing by in my 80s quattro, one hour operating it in the envelop it is made for is +100€ todays just the fuel.

Brace yourself for even higher prices, you're well up with a motorcycle if you're keeping it in the lower RPMs.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I had to put ~100 miles on my truck today for work, and since I saw this thread before I left I grabbed a pencil and paper...

4 hours ago, the place I normally stop:

"regular" (89?) $3.94
mid $4.34
premium $4.64

They don't have Diesel there, but I did check heating fuel prices the other day- $4.30, which probably puts OTR fuel around 5-5.50 a gallon.

All told, that tells me I burned about $27 in gasoline today for work. Here's hoping they actually pay mileage, which would come to something like $65... that'll cover the wear and tear since it was a nice easy drive. Wouldn't cover the TCO for those miles at modern truck prices+ interest rates though!

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Heck even when I started driving, 1999 or 2000…gas was $0.87 a gallon. Filled up my big Chevy Blazer with 15 dollars or if low on funds, I could still put a dollar in it and get anywhere and back home.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew
And to think, there is NO excuse that gas is not even cheaper than THAT in the US! We have the same access and all but we have companies who will gouge you together mixed with needless importation of foreign gas and this $4.50 a gallon we see nowadays is a joke with no rational explanation.

In fact, we are so unbelievably rich that nobody even comes close to the wealth of America. Sidewalks should be covered and air conditioned, conveyer belts should at be installed, land and houses should be the cheapest on earth…we should be living a Star Trek like existence here in the US but instead we fall far behind places like Norway and Denmark…

Why? Because all that wealth we produce and that is OUR legacy and OUR money, the criminal politicians think there is somehow ANYTHING WHATSOEVER appropriate about sending 90% of what is left after paying the national bills to every random country on earth for the most asinine reasons. The fact that we can’t enjoy our own wealth but instead, send it here there and everywhere to be laundered by congressional representatives and their families turning 145,000 dollar salaries into 200 million dollar net worths is so disgusting. The fact we have homelessness at all is disgusting. It’s all a disgusting theft of our hard earned wealth to throw it all away instead of putting it away or improving our own nation.

edit on 9/7/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And mark my words. If we ever had a national super emergency and went to all these nations for a favor after handing them hundreds of billions…TRILLIONS of dollars, we would be happy to get aid in the amount of a million dollars back. NO OTHER COUNTRY hands out all its wealth even to nations that hate its guts and come out time of need, nobody would truly answer the call. It’s all pointless charity with zero purpose and zero assurance of being helped in return when needed.

<<   2 >>

join