It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Says That Over Half of Americans Say They've Interacted With Dead Loved Ones

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Also, angels visit us.

Like the OP, I have felt Heavenly entities, and those opposite.

Sometimes they bring with them the 'odor of Heaven'. The smell of roses.
We have smelled roses a few times when the Heavenly has been around.
Not for a long time though.
That was back when we lived in Alabama and were very active at a monastery (EWTN).

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was visted by my maternal grandmother and grandfather in two seperate dreams to let me know how they're doing in the afterlife.

My grandmother was a lounge singer in a nightclub venue that was built underground in a cave, she was wearing a simple elegant yellow satin gown and was the same age as I last remember seeing her. She was telling me about how much fun she was having and how so many people loved to congregate to hear her performances.

When I dreamt of my grandfather, he was in his twenties and jitterbugging with a young girl in the asile of the bus I was riding on having the time of his life.

My grandmother on my Father's side used to turn and angel statue holding a heart towards her framed portrait I have on the mantle, I think she did it to let me know she was thinking of me. It was charming at first, but the last time it happened something about it freaked me out and I mentioned it made me uncomfortable and it hasn't happened since.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I respect your belief. And please don't think I am trying to argue with you here. Just trying to reason with you. If your mind is made up to think that is what is being said I will leave it be. I was hoping to open up your mind to see how the other scriptures about the dead being asleep, not having thoughts, or knowledge or wisdom, can help you to see there is not a contradiction as you claimed the other day. If I recall you declared, you can say there is a contradiction of scripture! But don't say that scripture says that the dead are sleeping, after I shared with you the scripture that said that the dead are sleeping.

Not all Bible translations translate the Greek words there used as ghost, some use the word spirit, others apparition, others false-vision. And the word Jesus used when talking to Thomas literally translated means spirit, not ghost. The Bible is harmonious in its teaching. There are indeed invisible spirits. But these were created long before humankind existed. All humans have gone to the grave. The only person who has been resurrected from the dead to spirit life is Jesus Christ:

"Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but the one who descended from heaven, the Son of man."-John 3:13.

"But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death."-1 Cortinhians 15:20.

The Bible teaches that Jesus was asleep in death. And he was raised from the dead on the third day, the firstfuits, that is the very first, of all those who have fallen asleep in death.

It teaches that the majority of everyone will be resurrected back to life. But that will happen at Jesus' return:

"For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence."-1 Corinthians 15:22-23.

False religion teaches that the soul is immortal and that the dead are still alive. The Bible teaches that the dead are asleep. It says that Jesus was the first to be raised from the sleep of death, he is the firstfruits. It then says that during Jesus' presence, first those called and chosen, those who belong to Christ, will be resurrected. Afterward there will be an earthly resurrection of both righteous and unrighteous on a paradise earth.

The resurrection has not started yet. It will happen for the anointed Christian congregation after the great tribulation and before Armageddon. It will happen for all the rest of the dead in God's memory the righteous and unrighteous during Jesus 1,000 year rule over the earth, he is not going to bring them back in this wicked system that Satan governs:

"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."-John 5:28-29.

edit on 6-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser
You have been shown how you are wrong and you are off topic and clogging up the thread with Jehovahs Witness proselytizing.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: nugget1
...saying he was scared and didn't know what to do.. .

yeah, I hope there is someone from the 'good side' there when I die to help me along. I don't want to get stuck not knowing what to do.

Much has been written about people seeing exactly what they expect to see. I don't ever get a sense of family waiting for me with open arms, but I do have an unexplainable sense that all of my past beloved pets will be anxiously awaiting my arrival.....

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I do have an unexplainable sense that all of my past beloved pets will be anxiously awaiting my arrival.....

THAT would be nice!

TRUE DOG GHOST STORY - my neighbor was in the kitchen cooking. Her young kids were running around outside with the neighbors playing. Their dog was with them. Boston Terrier. My neighbor looked up from cooking and saw the dog come in the kitchen 'looking tired. She said to the dog to go lay down so the dog left the kitchen to lay down in the living room. My neighbor then went outside to check on the kids and found the dog dead in the car. It had gotten stuck in the car with the kids playing and it was a hot day so the dog had died. So it seems my neighbor saw the dog just after it died and it had come to find her.
edit on 9/6/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have, I hope to again, They seem to know what we think and feel, and possibly what we type online...

Now, this one is fairly recent but it didnt happen to me, it happened to my mother and I heard about it. There was this old letter of acceptance for a job of vice principal my great aunt on my fathers side got offered like back in the 50s, my mother woke up one morning and it was on her bedside draws... why that letter?, it was in a stack of old papers that were in my grandmothers bookcase, like if I were going to haugnt my mother with an old letter from a school kept hidden away I'd leave my letter of acceptence into an academic program that my mother told me I was rejected from. But thats me.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Really Dead Relatives you Say ? Well , I Hope Half of them at Least Vote for Donald J. Trump in the next Election this Time .

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So study concludes family members need resolution in their grieving. What part of the brain is active during said “communication”? Surely that information holds some value.

I’ve met my mother in dreams and at the time heard what needed to be said, it absolutely helped me move forward. I’ve also had dreams where she was a corpse zombie creature assaulting me. I can say my experience is only my own consciousness and unconsciousness, it does help to believe it could be more.

edit on 6-9-2023 by ITSALIVE because: Spell check on ATS is strange.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

A few of my pets have appeared for some time after their passing. I'm not the only one who's seen them, either.

When a visitor say "I thought you said your cat passed away" after seeing 'him' in the hallway (his favorite spot) you know it's not just your imagination.

Maybe my subconscious 'projects' his image; I dunno.
edit on 300000033America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

We had a common hobby of building and painting miniature planes and warships with my grandfather, so about a year after he passed away we went over some of the latest projects while i was shrooming.

Words cant describe the feeling, actually spent a couple of hour crying after that. it felt so real, for me, it was real.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I knew my Mum was gone because she came to say good-bye,
and my Dad came to me before he passed.
They lived out of state.
I've been visited by many deceased who were distraught, and also those waiting to be born to someone.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have seen some strange things happen after someone I was a good friend or relative of died. It is like their spirit was trying to tell me there is something after death. It seems they can interact with electronics some how and also it is almost like some of their essence is stored in crystals they were in contact with. I think that is the reason they destroy guns and weapons that were used in murder. Because even metal is a crystalline complex. If a person knew how to access the information stored in someone's diamond ring with a gold band to conduct information, I bet they could access information.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
I knew my Mum was gone because she came to say good-bye,
and my Dad came to me before he passed.
They lived out of state.
I've been visited by many deceased who were distraught, and also those waiting to be born to someone.

Did you notice that their ability to contact us goes down after a while, like their power to communicate or interact with things goes away?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ah, a dream thread…

I had a lucid dream vision, that I was beheaded, as written in Revelation 20:4. I don’t think I’ve been beheaded yet, but when I am, I think it will be for following the advice of Christ.

Please allow me to explain my lucid dream vision. Then please feel free to interpret my near death experience, to be culminating in my entry into the book of life.

There was a woman dressed in a white wedding gown. I didn’t recognize her.

She was bound, standing on the ground.

There were 2 large men dressed in suits.

They were both holding a long hack saw at opposite ends.

They sawed the bride’s head off. The bride kept talking as her head fell off.

I think this is the vision of me being beheaded for following the health advice of Christ.

Do you see how it has the same meaning as Revelation 20:4, or for that matter, John the Baptist?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Not American, but ya, I feel I was visited by a grandparent. I was going through a self destructive time, he let me know to smarten up. It felt more real than any dream I have ever had.

A dead pet too..still hurts me.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: carewemust

I want to know what dead relatives are telling them. The 15% who communicate.

I had a cousin once who almost got in a car accident. While she was driving in her car she heard her dead father say 'be careful'. A few minutes later she had a very close call with another car.

That's eerie. He took on the role of her Guardian Angel. Neat.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: carewemust

I want to know what dead relatives are telling them. The 15% who communicate.

Usually it's pretty mundane stuff. My aunt came to my mother in a dream and said, "I just thought I'd say goodbye." She died the next day.

Too bad the communications are not more detailed...like a few Near Death people experience when being introduced to the next life and potential lives.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Do you think you and your soul have the same consciousness?

Or do you think you and your soul have separate consciousness, such as you and I have separate consciousness?

edit on 6-9-2023 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2023 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank

Do you think you and your soul have the same consciousness?

Or do you think you and your soul have separate consciousness, such as you and I have separate consciousness?

I believe your body is the TV set and your consciousness is your soul and is the signal the TV set picks up and broadcasts. If the TV set ceases to function, that does not mean there is no broadcast. It just isn't being picked up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join