It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unknowable Pressed Play

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The Unknowable was in preparation. The carefully crafted world was all set up. Encoded and ready to go.

This builder was beyond apprehension, beyond human designation. Capable of everything in its entirety. The superposition of every quantum tangent available at once. Fractals in infinity. Nothing but every concept of time and lack thereof to burn.

Superlative planning is required, but variations can be randomized.

Multiverse Program: D521-A
Block Varient: 86,766,045,870,144,908,223,416

It needed very few parameters to control the many that would emerge. This one was set for a descending scale of energy. To emerge from a single point in a yet to exist space and form.

In the first moments, everything would be unified energy. As the space expanded the temperature would decrease. It would descend through energy thresholds.

At selected moments of specific temperature the energy would break apart and the framework would take form.

First the forces split apart sequentially. And once that happened everything could assemble itself. Different particles would emerge to carry the now operative parameters and build everything from bottom up.

A simple program. Energy filling block space controlled by temperature specific phase change.

All The Unknowable need do is press play, and it would take care of itself from there. No additional input necessary. It was already perfect.

Then, in its divine form, still inconceivable to the occupants of all its creations, it pressed play on the slightly different Block Varient 86,766,045,870,144,908,223,417.

Theoretical physics-creationist hybrid complete.
edit on 4-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Very good, Degradation33. I now want to know the 'before' of this story.

But, damn it, how did you guess my electronic safe's combination? Now I'm going to have to change it!

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Awesome.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I like it alot, goes well with my latest short.

Random thoughts triggered by your story:

Humanity in search for the remote control...

Hint: it's always hidden in the fold...

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

edit on 4-9-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Now I understand everything

Maybe not.
I will guess:
Determinism +

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Another oblivious parallel thought, It does go with it though. I wanted to write a string theory based creation story.

About as agnostic as I get. I'll leave it open, but it's trickier to pierce my theistic needle than it is for a sultan's camel to get into heaven. It's a proto nonanthropomorphic state of probability and potential at most.

a reply to: Enica22

Maybe I'll do a prequel, and then a prequel to the prequel, then another, and another, and then keep going with prequels as forced by infinite regress paradox.

a reply to: Pthena

Possibly. I like to think it's a determinism that allows for the illusion of indeterminism. It programmed a few basic codes but how it builds itself is largely driven by the interactions within. Which have varient, changing, and unpredictable cause as it goes. But are still ultimately a product of the original parameters.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It's a proto nonanthropomorphic state of probability and potential at most.

It beats the heck out of PMS (Plenary Metaphysical Solipsism) that I made up one time.

Luckily PMS only lasted a couple of days.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

you are making me google so many words, just a thank-you.

I found out about argumentum ad lapidem...that will be useful

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So I looked up argumentum ad lapidem and there was a link to subjective idealism which seems to be the same as metaphysical-solipsism (notice the hyphen). The plenary means all together now. So a bunch of solipsists creating the illusion of reality.

Not buying it. Absurd. Nonsense (knock on wood).

When a person dies, the real World goes on. I know this. The first time I took care of a terminal patient. After I washed her up for pick up by the mortuary drivers I walked out into the hallway and people were just going about their business as if the whole universe had not just winked out of existence.

Crisis of faith. This can't be right.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Funny you just back traced what I googled in the first place...

And yet the person that died wasn't you... Maybe the reality only ceases to exist when no one remembers?
edit on 4-9-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

In case nobody noticed:

Here we are witnessing the creation of the multiverse

And I brought death in.

Ima gonna cast myself out.
(metaphorically)

So I remember this:

She wanted peach nectar
all I found was orange juice
she compromised

then the plastic glass hit the floor
orange juice spilled

Her last wish denied

It just isn't fair
but that's life.
edit on 4-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It just isn't fair
but that's life.

Or maybe that's just death.

Now she's going to haunt the world as a ghost, in search of peach nectar, or she'll get to drink all the nectar she wants in heaven...

Have some nectar of the gods, but keep your fingers off my stash

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No! No!

We've fallen so far
to stand over the deathbed
debating object lessons.
========
She wanted peach nectar
I wanted to find peach nectar

If the function of the universe was subjective idealism:

THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN PEACH NECTAR!!!!

therefore: subjective idealism is Bull#.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I have certainly pondered about subjective idealism but had to search it, to know what you talk about.

At first I was, yeah well doesn't sound totally right as I can't deny an objective reality, and while reading wiki I found this...

This form of idealism is "subjective" not because it denies that there is an objective reality, but because it asserts that this reality is completely dependent upon the minds of the subjects that perceive it.

My questions, after having had many long walks on the beaches of mind and matter, boil down to...

How does subjective reality influence objective reality?

And how much of it is your influence, and how much is mine?

On the conundrum of the peach nectar...

I'd have to take a more metaphysical approach. As we are leaving the clear cut between psyche and physics, where things might only manifest in the now.

the very moment things manifest, not the thoughts about how to solve the situation, or what led you to not having peach nectar, but the actual now.
In that very moment, no one else knew if there was peach nectar and no one cared. It was just a probability.
The two strongest thoughts about it are, "there is no peach nectar". That's the reality you are in and you'll manifest.
But if someone else knew that there is peach nectar there would have been peach nectar...

Please don't ask me about the parameters that define what manifests and what doesn't.
It ties into my second question, which is the big one to me. The first to me is rather rhetorical.
I'd still like to know your thoughts, as it will confine the discussion greatly...
edit on 4-9-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

And how much of it is your influence, and how much is mine?

With much time, thought, and scheming; I have found the loop hole.

Consider the irony of asking me to reveal the deep dark secrets of the system I reject.

Now I raise the Cloak of Irony, my protective shield, and say:

I have done magic
and I have seen miracle
they are not the same

through force of will
many may be deluded.

When the Inexplicable Anomaly occurs
few if any notice

Dropping the Cloak of Irony.
I've got nothing to say.

except:

I am sorry OP
I have walked all over your creation.
Vows of silence seem rather appealing to me at the moment.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

What creation?

Spent about 18 minutes on this. Drift it wherever it takes you. Posted here to avoid the culture war.

I have thoughts to add on subjective vs. objective too.

I think the material exists regardless. The tree makes a sound for the squirrel. And the tree next to it registers the shock.

Solipsism falls apart with a blindfold on.

In occultnik circles, there's a lot of "subjective effects the objective" talk, but most of them say it in such a parrot like way, it's mostly platitude.

So how could any subjective experience effect the objective?

This is my hair-brained idea for that.

Music makers, dreamers of dreams. Dreamers of unconscious dreams that, unbeknownst to us, will march our free will towards paradise or oblivion.

The subjective default being halfway between good and bad luck. The subjective then moves towards one or the other, and the experience of the objective follows along with possibilities you script it to present you. To then make more subjective decisions.

But are they subjective decisions? Or are they built upon the experience of the objective to that point?

Now you can spin around indefinitely in paradox.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The subjective default being halfway between good and bad luck. The subjective then moves towards one or the other, and the experience of the objective follows along with possibilities you script it to present you. To then make more subjective decisions.

I read a one page article on Stoicism, focus on ethics. That's pretty much it. Sounds about right.

But are they subjective decisions? Or are they built upon the experience of the objective to that point?

The second seems more correct to me.

Now you can spin around indefinitely in paradox.

Or
I could stand back and let Hegel and Kant argue dialectic. I'll see if I can find a children's book with pictures describing that.

Maybe I'll read Moby Dick again.
edit on 4-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Great story!

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So how could any subjective experience effect the objective?

I have reconsidered. I suddenly remembered real life. A whole massive set of actual experience.
Pouring concrete.
Driving nails into studs.
Installing wiring.
Installing tile.
Running a milling machine in a machine shop.

Experiences effecting objective reality.

I was walking with my High School girl friend once, "You see that house there? I was in on the foundation pouring and the framing."

I think the regular people doing regular work change reality in very regular ways.

Artists are crafters too. Dreaming is part of the sorting process of past experience, The doing is what brings change.

Just to balance things out a bit.

Moby Dick, chapter 1

And more than all, if just previous to putting your hand into the tar-pot, you have been lording it as a country schoolmaster, making the tallest boys stand in awe of you. The transition is a keen one, I assure you, from a schoolmaster to a sailor, and requires a strong decoction of Seneca and the Stoics to enable you to grin and bear it.

But even this wears off in time. What of it, if some old hunks of a sea-captain orders me to get a broom and sweep down the decks? What does that indignity amount to, weighed, I mean, in the scales of the New Testament? Do you think the archangel Gabriel thinks anything the less of me, because I promptly and respectfully obey that old hunks in that particular instance? Who ain’t a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about— however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other’s shoulder-blades, and be content.

edit on 5-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join