It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender women banned from sports is one thing. Banned from chess! Now it's getting silly.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Clearing up a few of ops false claims:

Chess IS a sport and gender absolutely HAS an impact on the game. Check the ratings.

Does op know anything about chess?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

Exactly, no transgender athletes i've seen have been campaigning for the abolishment of gender categories within sports, which would be the honest and genuine position if there's no difference between the sexes.

No, they want special dispensation only for themselves to gain an advantage at the expense of biological women.

edit on 17/8/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

Men should not be competing in women's events.

Period.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket
Yes I do know about chess. I am a very accomplished player.
I also know that the International Olympic Committee class it as a sport.
And because as you put it

gender absolutely HAS an impact on the game

this is why they are banning transgender women from competing in its women's events.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nolabel
But this ban by the International Chess Federation (FIDE) forbidding transgender women from playing chess in womens events has got to be the most ridiculous yet. Chess isn't even a sport. Gender has no impact on the game.
1. There are 3 categories for chess tournaments: Male, Female, and Open.

It doesn't matter if it is a bathroom, a chess tournament, or a book club - if it is women's only, that should mean biological women.

and

2, I thought that one of the pro-trans arguments was that make and female brains are different?. If that is true, and since chess is a game that relies solely on brain power, then how can you say there is no impact?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: halfoldman

The top 100 chess players in the world are all men.

Soon the top female chess player will also be a man.

If the games were anon perhaps females would rule.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Sure.

Prove it.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Why are you so anti-woman?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

There's like 3 female players in the top 500. I very much doubt it.

For the record it's most likely because more men play chess so there's a larger pool of talent along with some other male characteristics which provide them an advantage.

The games aren't anonymous, especially not at tournaments. So clearly something is giving men an advantage. Something that men are trying to exploit by infiltrating the womens game as imposters.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am delving into the why the psychology of women in chess always lose to men, let's do it anon and see the results.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I am delving into the why the psychology of women in chess always lose to men, let's do it anon and see the results.

Lets do sandwiches first.

It'll be less complicated for you communists.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Lets do sandwiches first.

It'll be less complicated for you communists.

Sure, you go make the sammiches and I'll wait.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Not always.

Pia Cramling for example is a very aggressive player.

My daughter is also a better player than me. However, at the very highest echelons you find females can't compete. Most likely because the very top male chess players don't see much sunlight and are completely devoted to the game. Women don't do well in dark rooms for 18 hours a day looking at screens. Socially inept autistic men fare well better. Introversion is more common in men, and very common among the top chess players.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I am thinking in person chess has intimidation factors at play and women's upward climb to chess champion within a woman's only environment make that a detriment when playing with men. Perhaps men exhibit a more aggressive winning attitude with chess, I don't know, but it's interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Never underestimate human beings capability to sway towards the extremes. Went from banning trans women in sports, then now to banning them from chess. Just as the left shot towards the extremes, so will the right.

People are just so duelistic. Sometimes humanity just really sucks.

We literally have possible confirmation of Aliens existing from governmental officials but people are debating about trans women playing Chess. WHY

No wonder the benovolent ETs don't visit. We're idiots who rather fight about petty gender ideology than the bigger picture of things that actually matter.

ETs could show themselves on camera and the news next week would be about Trump and trans women sneaking into bachlorette parties and LIzzo fat shaming dancers or something.

Dont people care about anything real anymore? We're living in idiocracy.
edit on 17-8-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

If you don't understand the ban in chess, then you don't understand the ban in any other sports either. What is ridiculous and silly is the idea that when a man puts on a dress and makeup he becomes a woman. It doesn't matter what sport he wants to play, its the idea that a man is trying to pass himself off as a woman.

There is a difference between a man and a woman. That difference is not simply a matter of clothing choices. We have mens sports, womens sports, high school sports, college sports, intra-mural sports, league sports, Olympic sports, all kinds of sports. And within those sports there are numerous classes and scales of competitions. Some are amateur, some semi-pro, some professional, some Olympic, some are special Olympics. Some are for men, some are for women. Some are for certain age groups. How many classes of teams are there just for high school football? AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAA, and so on. For generations this has been the way sports have been handled and it worked just fine. Today, some very sick men have found a way to exploit liberal agenda to their own advantage and sjw's are too afraid of being outed to stand up and tell the truth.

If men and women are the same and anyone can just self-identify any time they want, why does women's sports even exist? Wouldn't it just be sports? Men and women play together. Whoever wins - wins. If you get killed or maimed, hey too bad. It happens some times.

The idea that anyone has to waste time on stupidity like this is so condemning of our society it makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
While perusing this thread, this song kept running through my head. So, I thought I'd share.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Trans people have not been "banned" in any sport. Banning infers they are completely disallowed from competing.

I don't think anyone has been outright banned. Transdelusional athletes are simply being made to compete with the people who share the same sex chromosomes... as they should be. The men believing they are woman can still compete as men, so they are not banned.

More properly and less sensationally stated, "Men are being banned from playing women's sports."

Well crap. Maybe in some cases, they can't play men's sports either. Unsure if their hormone therapy would trigger a PED testing failure. That's less a "ban" and more failing to comply with PED standards that every other athlete also has to meet.

A male athlete should not be competing with female athletes because he believes he's female, any more than a 250 pound MMA fighter should compete at Flyweight because he believes he's a delicate 125 pound butterfly.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I didn't think it would matter what sex, or other of the lgbq group you are to compete in something like chess. Maybe it has something to do with their fake breasts. Fake chests/fake chess...maybe the sounds of the words are related.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Will they take dna samples or will the gender written on your passport be the defining factor?

If the latter, transsexual are not banned only transvestites...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join