It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Lawless Illinois

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96Yes corruption is across the board but we are talking specificly about the justice system so dont drift. Changes are incremental and slow in society and after enough people raising up and exposing said corruption, after showing how minorities are more likely to not afford these ridiculous bails set forth by corrupt judges who have been exposed across the board, showing how white offenders are more likely to even receive a bond where minority offenders are to remain in jails, showing how in many cases judges receive kickbacks from the cash bail industry, the citizens say, "enough is enough" We should celebrate changes which combat such corruption and explotation rather than crying for the good ol' days?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified You gotta look it up for yourself if it is that intrigueing for you. Dont be like those "buzzards" or "sweats" who just wait around for somebody else to do the work for them.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FishsticksAndKetchup

Where is your actual evidence to support these claims, instead of just hearsay?

We will go ahead and admit that, yes, there are judges who have bene proven to be on the racial bias aspect of things. But, we are talking across the board, not just 1s and 2s.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Your claims are your claims, we are not here to do the work you don't want to do for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I am not in favor of getting softer on crime.
In fact, I am in favor of getting tougher on crime.

There is no deterrence not to choose a life of crime in this country.
Getting softer is not going to help at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Here is a challenge for you

This bill goes into effect Sept 18th.
The Onus is now on you to prove your claims and back them up with evidence.
I hope to see updates to this thread in the future with such evidence, that supports or refutes your claims, as it is provided in real time.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96i dont post links so the "buzzards" and "sweats" can just continue to be lazy and combative. I've given the information so look it up like the rest of us do. These systems are on their way out in many states and no, it isnt just "blue states" or "liberal states" or any of that other white conservative jibberish that is so vapid online anymore. It is spreading across the country so there is obviously a reason such monumental changes are being introduced? The why is for another thread but it is real and most likely not some conspiracy agenda🙄

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
Attention criminals! Come one, come all, to the new no cash bail society that is Illinois!! Want to rob a gas station and then be put back out on the street to do some more damage while you await your "trial", come on down!

As of September 18, 2023, Illinois will no longer be doing cash bail.

www.foxnews.com...

What does that mean exactly? Glad you asked. It means that if you commit a crime, no matter what it is, you will be arrested, processed, then set free once again to do as you please while you wait on a "trial". Why would they do this you ask? Well the cash bail system is just so inherently racist, as set forth by the left, and it makes it hard for those less fortunate to pay bail so have to sit in jail awaiting trial for a crime THEY committed. Instead of being out on the street to commit more crimes, possibly even worse than the ones they got scooped up for the first time. How dare we hold people accountable for their actions.......what a novel concept.

Crime is going to increase and the police are going to start leaving. This is a no win situation and they are just making the state more dangerous for all involved. Never more has this been a, backhanded, cry to "defund the police" than anything we have seen so far.

Any state that would think this is even close to a good idea deserves what they have coming in the end.

Did the people vote for that?
I think insanity is the new word for "natural spring water" these days.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

this is such a sophomoric excuse to be lazy and combative, if you make a claim, the responsibility is on you to support it

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

How can the evil people in government institute tyranny and abolish the Constitution if there isn't anarchy in the streets?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96www.americanprogress.org... This has a whole bunch of those "numbers" and "percentage points" you crave so much ... Hope this helpsđź‘Ť

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Like California and New York, Illinois is a lost cause. There is no turning back and it's only going to get worse.

Get out and don't look back.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Like California and New York, Illinois is a lost cause. There is no turning back and it's only going to get worse.

Get out and don't look back.

My wife and I have a property in central Illinois, was going to be our retirement home.

We're looking at selling it and retiring in South Dakota instead.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

this actually supports the idea that "debtors Jail" is still an active practice, thought to be abolished by the constitution and one of the reasons listed in the declaration of independence, for the revolution.

In effect, the cash bail system criminalizes poverty, as people who are unable to afford bail are detained while they await trial for weeks or even months.

Which in concept would back up the claim that the removal of bail laws IS constitutional and not simply a matter of "red vs blue"

@Porkchop, what say you? do you support the constitution?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FishsticksAndKetchup
a reply to: Klassified You gotta look it up for yourself if it is that intrigueing for you. Dont be like those "buzzards" or "sweats" who just wait around for somebody else to do the work for them.

You made the claim. The onus is on you, not me.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

A 3 and a half year old, pre-covid, article does nothing to show the "helpfulness" of a no cash bail system. Let alone the "racial bias" of the system.

Again there are absolutely no "number/percentage points" to show any sort of actual racial bias, just a bunch hearsay on the subject.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy i realize you think that sounds clever but it really doesnt make any sense. This has been happening across the nation since pre-covid so its not exactly new. There is so much information out there substantiating my "claims" where a simple search with even the most rudamentery vocabulary could find it.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Those are two completely different things!

"Debtors jail" were for those that could not pay debts, not bail. Bail is a refundable "deposit" to, essentially, say you are going to come to your court date or you lose that money.

Not sure how you are coming up with that fact less claim that they are the same thing

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
With that logic everything written from a year ago or more is complete garbage? You need a hobby or something. Its ok, i tell everybody you won🙄a reply to: PorkChop96

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If a court assigns to you bail that you can not pay, that is debt. If you cannot pay your bail, you go to jail. This would also be incongruent to the concept of "innocent until proven guilty"

so then why did you fail to back to back up your claims with a simple search and then link the results of that search?

is it because you only want to be "lazy and combative"?
edit on 01am311000000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join