It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST -- Aug 2023 -- YOU SPIN ME --YSM2023 --winners announced

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   

And the Long Wait is Over........
WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Writers:

First Place:
Encia 22 – Morning Glory ****

Second Place:
Midicon – Stimming

Third Place:
Olaru12 – Dark Night of the Soul
pthena – One in Six Chance
Degradation33 – The Fountainhead of Autumn Storm
[three way tie]

Nonwriters:

First Place:
PorkChop96 – Microwave Burrito

Second Place:
ArcAngel – Spinning Bubbles

Third Place:
Untun – Blacked by Metallica

And CONGRATS to our two new Writers:
PorkChop96
and
ArcAngel

NOTE:
Encia's other story, Untethered also rec'd the same number of votes. But does not qualify for any winning placement. We alphabetically chose to list Morning Glory.

EDIT
prizes will be awarded shortly.

edit on Tue Sep 12 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Sep 13 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Yaaay winners.
Congrats

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Holy crap, Enica won, since when does that ever happen?

I'm not bitter. . I swear! I am going to start my own writing contest. One with a contest within a contest!

Joking aside that was absolutely worthy of this contest's winner.

Congrats to all! Great job!
edit on 13-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks DTOM for taking the time to organise and run these contests. I think it keeps this forum going! Thanks too, to everyone who voted, not just for me but for anyone.
Lots of nice people here with great talent!

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Great job to all the winners. Thank you DTOM for all your hard work!

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Congrats to all of the winners and thank you to Tread and Encia for another wonderful contest!!

Thank you to all who voted for my story. It was a spur of the moment thing and I had no expectations for winning. I am humbled by all of you!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Thanks for another great contest DTOM and congrats to everyone that entered. Art saves Lives...

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Art saves Lives...

Art certainly helps make life worth while!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Woohw, 3rd place for the third time.

Bonckers.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Congratulations to all winners!

Now...... congratulations to all who wrote. No, this isn't my version of a participation aware. I am a writer. Writers write, whether their missives are rewarded or not. Writers write because they love it and it makes their lives alive.

I don't know if my eternal book which I've been working on for the past years will ever be concluded or published. I only know that it is part of my lifeblood, and these stories that I have contributed here help me hone my works.

I love this part of ATS more than any other; it is part of what keeps many of us coming back for more. On those very rare moments when I am writing and don't know what is going to happen next, I am my best true self.

peace

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Congrats to the winners!!!

Many thanks to the folks that organized and ran this. I never thought I'd win, but after being on ATS since 2003, I really coveted that "Writer" title. Really.

Also, I feel like this has given me some new energy towards this site.

I appreciate all of you who took the time to read my humble story and commented. Thank you

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Thanks to DTOM, for the hard work in conducting and bringing to a close another awesome Short Story Contest!

Congratulations to everyone for showing courage in submitting all your intriguing stories.

Well done and welcome to our new ‘Writers’, PorkChop96 and ArcAngel!!

To Untun, keep at it. You’re growing and I’m sure you will soon be amongst the winners, too.

As for me, I'm still humbled by all ATS Members' support and appreciation for my stories... As Argentus said, it's not the winning that counts, but the will (or need) to write for one's own pleasure, relief or sanity.

That it also provides entertainment, an emotive reaction or simply, something for you to pass the time, is an added bonus. From a very personal and lonely ‘hobby’, to touching people’s lives is, for me, an unexpected, but welcoming result.

Watch out for the next Short Story Contest… it’s going to be a wild ride!

Just to conclude by going back to Argentus’s comments, here is a reminder of what I believe should be every Artist’s mantra.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Congrats to all of the winners and thank you to Tread and Encia for another wonderful contest!!

Ooh, thank you, PorkChop96. If my artwork helped brighten the thread and your day, then I'm honoured and pleased for you.

Congratulations on your win!!

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Cheers, Argentus! A sage and beautiful statement.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ArcAngel

I'm very happy for you, ArcAngel! Well done in your achievement... that 'Writer' status has nicely filled that void in your profile.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
And here it is.....

....drum roll.......

The new contest
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yaaaaaay!! I have anxiously awaited the new contest. I think I have a story in mind which will fit within the parameters of the SSContest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join