It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counter-Censorship Tips and Tricks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you live in the US, you may have noticed an increase in censorship, information control, and narrative steering.

I notice this a lot when I do google searches on controversial, and or, sensitive subjects. I find that I am being constantly directed to mainstream media sources that seem certain that their narratives are the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I find that I am even being directed to these articles after providing very detailed information about what I am searching for.

Because I am aware that many of you also noticed this issue, and in the spirit of truth, I have started this thread as a way to share some research tips and tricks to help get around the censorship we have been experiencing these days.

Online Searches:

You can use the American facing version of the Russian search engine Yandex.com

I first heard about Yandex during the Wayfair scandal, and even used it to verify the claims, but that's a story for another thread.

After having difficulties finding photo-shopped images of Alex Jones, that I had remembered seeing a decade ago, on Google, they were easily found on Yandex.

The same is true of Comet Pizza's James Alefantis' Instagram photos I have remember seeing.

I also found it helpful for locating articles, reports, and other information related to the 2020 election.

For Websites that No Longer Exist:

The Wayback Machine has over 826 billion websites archived.

If the website you are looking for no longer exists, you can go back in time and view archived versions of it, in most cases.

I first used the Wayback Machine to verify that the Sacred Cow Productions website had both Bill Hicks and Alex Jones, listed next to each other, in the talent section of the website.

That's all I have to share on this subject.

I invite the community to share any tips and tricks that they have that will add to this thread.

Happy researching, and stay safe out there!

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As we all know, Russia is one of the world leaders in censorship and propaganda. There is very little that people in Russia hear or read that is not approved by the government.

As an American, what are the pros of using a search engine from one of the most censored countries in the world?

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
As we all know, Russia is one of the world leaders in censorship and propaganda. There is very little that people in Russia hear or read that is not approved by the government.

As an American, what are the pros of using a search engine from one of the most censored countries in the world?

The ability to sometimes bypass US censorship, information control, and narrative steering.

Basically, if you can't find what you are looking for on Google or Bing, sometimes you'll find it on Yandex.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

The point, only if Putin wants you to see it.

There is censorship everywhere, but we don't need to use the worst of the worst, while concurrently giving Russia our personal data, search metrics, ip addresses and so on. It's just a bad idea for an American. Might as well use a North Korean search engine, I'm sure they have hand picked results also.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

That may be true, but it still has more information than google does on some topics. What would you suggest then for a search engine?

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

Intuition

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

You should use any engine you want to, as long as you are aware that if you use a search engine from say Russia, Iran or North Korea, they may use your information to set up the next mass attack on our country.

They may use your computer to hijack a network if you're using that search engine from work, or they may use your home desktop as a platform to infect others or hijack others, without you even knowing it. Then they may use that money to finance attacks, real or electronic, against our nation. I say they may do this, because they do this on an ongoing basis and it's not likely they will stop.

As long as you are aware of that, use any search engine you like. There are many search engines from nations that are not bent on our destruction that are just as easy to access.

As an American, speaking to my fellow Americans here, I caution against freely giving your identifiers away to a country that is not our friend.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74

That may be true, but it still has more information than google does on some topics. What would you suggest then for a search engine?

Mahogany can probably provide you with a number of reasons why censorship, information control, and narrative steering are for your own good. We see the type of work they do around here.

edit on 31-7-2023 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You'll notice I never pointed anyone to a specific engine, I am encouraging intelligent use of any engine.

You are the one that wants people to use a specific engine, a Russian one at that.

I think the agenda is clear.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I like duckduckgo when I feel like my search results are skewed. Usually does the trick for me.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You'll notice I never pointed anyone to a specific engine, I am encouraging intelligent use of any engine.

You are the one that wants people to use a specific engine, a Russian one at that.

I think the agenda is clear.

I've found news, images, and reports that were once searchable on US search engines, but had gone missing, so it's not about any agenda other than the search for information and the truth.

Good journalism is hard to find these days, but I've found that RT.com still lives up to certain journalistic standards, so I sometimes read their reports. Another nice thing about RT is they allow a comment section for open discussion, something very few western outlets do anymore.

Do I feel like I am putting myself or my country at risk by using these resources? Not at all.

I'm more concerned that the communist Chinese party has infiltrated most homes and pockets of Americans.

edit on 31-7-2023 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think of it like triangulation. A bit of US legacy media, a bit of Russian media, a bit of BBC and a bit of Al Jazeera. Mix 'em al l up and you essentiallly have a big bowl of crap, but at least it's not homogeneous crap. Then, you filter out and see what settles to the bottom.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hate to break the news to you but the wayback machine does not keep articles that certain powers request be deleted. One of the reasons no one can find quite a bit of Taylor Lorenz idiotic yammerings is because her uncle is the founder of the wayback machine and will delete anything that any DNC type person asks him to delete. He has definitely cleaned up Taylors garbage.

Please read this link - it is an "archive" link so I cannot copy and paste the relevent information..the entire thing is a good link on censorers though:

archive.ph...

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Wow, thank you for sharing that!

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

anytime. Thanks for the thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Good tools for researching censored material.

Believe it or not but AOL, Yahoo, and Bing will give better results than Google that are often similar to Yandex. Duck Duck Go isn't all that great and becoming more like Google in search results. There are a lot of search engines you can try, Luxxie, Dogpile, Brave Search, Start Page, and many others. I do well by drilling down into the sources of any story as this leads to many websites that can add links to even more sources that you may never find through any search engine.

edit on 31-7-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This shouldn't have to be said, but...

Many videos that have gone missing on Youtube, can be found on Bitchute or Rumble.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

As we all know, Russia is one of the world leaders in censorship and propaganda.

More people per head of population are arrested for speech related offenses on social media in the UK than in Russia.
Censorship is rife in the west. Dont for one minute think anything different. The entire News Newtwork is a propaganda machine along with google and social media. Accounts are closed. Professors and journalists jailed.

Never take any freedom for granted or it will be taken from you.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Believe it or not but AOL, Yahoo, and Bing will give better results than Google that are often similar to Yande

Thats not the case.. Yahoo will give you pages of adverts. Its made rubbish for a reason. Yandex is better for image searches.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

As an American, speaking to my fellow Americans here, I caution against freely giving your identifiers away to a country that is not our friend.

Googe is a CIA wepon. The CIA is not your friend. Ask JFK who took the headshot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join