It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You may only know half the reason some thrive on victimhood; also that positive 60s vibe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Basically, envy, judgment, etc create suffering which creates rapport. People who want victim status sometimes know it, and they derive help from the psychic rapport which they form with parties they hate. Perhaps they can even get help on exams and pre-employment questionnaires.

They can get to you even if you don't know them personally.

If groups claiming victim status are getting to you and you feel their pain a little bit, you can bet they are deriving help from you, perhaps deliberately.

I have found the Tibetan Buddhist practice of Tonglen seems to dissipate the feeling that the victimhood is all around you. Sometimes the practice even seems to bring skills and memories rushing back. Perhaps there is a Christian counterpart?

It is all related to the feeling of hope and change in the air which supposedly existed in the 1960s. The Sexual Revolution was happening which promised to help create psychic rapport through other means, which would also help people move up in the world. At the same time, a major Christian denomination was liberalizing its rituals and outlook to seemingly deliberately engender rapport. People everywhere were realizing they may someday be freed from factory work.

It is important to recall that there are far many more non-thinkers than thinkers. It is important not to use meditative practices as a weapon because you need the protection of God. If someone is robbing you then of course it's righteous to clean off your soul, but casually tampering with someone for no reason may be wrong. It would also be wrong to deliberately cause a famine and not offer help.

edit on 23-7-2023 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

I don't see anyone thriving off victimhood unless you mean others' being co-dependent with the so-called victim and providing for them in ways to ensure co-dependency for their own selfish/victimhood reasons (?) - very complex psychological muddy waters here.

It is all related to the feeling of hope and change in the air which supposedly existed in the 1960s. The Sexual Revolution was happening which promised to help create a different kind of rapport which would help people move up in the world. At the same time, a major Christian denomination was liberalizing its rituals and outlook to seemingly deliberately engender rapport. People everywhere were realizing they may someday be freed from factory work.

The use of the descriptive word 'supposedly' is correct because in the 60s hope and change didn't really turn out as planned. For instance, take the sexual revolution...in my experience that sent a message to many men that anything goes sexually, so many women I knew became victims of sexual abuse and kept their mouths shut because it was believed that women brought it on themselves...mini skirts after all. Positive vibe?...only with some music from that era.

Yes, the Christian denomination did liberalize some of it's rituals but the challenging of existing biblical interpretations was not allowed in the church, in my experience. Who now are the victims of that in today's world?

Many thinkers tamper with the status quo or others' non-thinking stances or confirmation bias because the robbing of one's soul comes in many ways.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I don't see anyone thriving off victimhood unless you mean others' being co-dependent with the so-called victim and providing for them in ways to ensure co-dependency for their own selfish/victimhood reasons (?) - very complex psychological muddy waters here.

How would you know society isn't undeservedly diversifying by sharing help during exams? How do you know how they would be doing if it wasn't for the rapport? Think about just prior to the 1960s.

The use of the descriptive word 'supposedly' is correct because in the 60s hope and change didn't really turn out as planned. For instance, take the sexual revolution...in my experience that sent a message to many men that anything goes sexually, so many women I knew became victims of sexual abuse and kept their mouths shut because it was believed that women brought it on themselves...mini skirts after all. Positive vibe?...only with some music from that era.

Nice misdirect. Besides all that, my point is they may have moved into the professional world by helping one another out on their exams.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If groups claiming victim status are getting to you and you feel their pain a little bit, you can bet they are deriving help from you, perhaps deliberately.

First, define which groups are claiming victim status.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the instructions.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

Is asking for definition and context instructing now? I need context.
edit on q00000052731America/Chicago5252America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

Beware Solvedit. The road to Hell is paved with good instructions.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Without reading a word beyond the title, my spirit tells me this will trigger boomers and Millenials alike. I won't say stay tuned to find out, you will, and I can always humbly be wrong but lol. Who gives a $hit these days anyway, morally consciously. Etc etc

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Advertising has an entire business model based off of the idea you are not good enough. Victimhood pays the bills from so many POV's its almost satirical to even mention?

new topics

top topics

join