It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we were put on this planet as a test

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

a new factor to point towards... the small brained Homo naledi who used tools & honored the deceased members-of-the-group... some 150,000 years before Homo Sapiens learned to do likewise ----> suggests 'testing

see:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Thoughts ?

Just one...
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2
I think you are leaving a lot out. Genetic material was sent forth into the void of space. It landed some places that it could grow. It eventually made many forms of life. Some simple, bacteria, fungus, viruses. Some complex, insects, trees, apes. ...

Is Any Form of Life Really Simple? (The Origin of Life—Five Questions Worth Asking)

Why do these facts matter? The complex molecules in the simplest living thing cannot reproduce alone. Outside the cell, they break down. Inside the cell, they cannot reproduce without the help of other complex molecules. For example, enzymes are needed to produce a special energy molecule called adenosine triphosphate (ATP), but energy from ATP is needed to produce enzymes. Similarly, DNA (section 3 discusses this molecule) is required to make enzymes, but enzymes are required to make DNA. Also, other proteins can be made only by a cell, but a cell can be made only with proteins.* [Some of the cells in the human body are made up of about 10,000,000,000 protein molecules(11) of several hundred thousand different kinds.(12)]

By the way, viruses are not counted as a form of life. But coming back to the question "Is Any Form of Life Really Simple?" in light of the interdependency described above, here's the interactome of a unicellular yeast cell (a fungus), I don't think "simple" is quite the right word to describe this fungus (or other fungi and bacteria for that matter, see subsequent videos for what is also present in bacteria; they demonstrate the machinery/enzymes and how they function described above):

The recent explosive increase of knowledge has only served to magnify the gulf between nonliving and living things. Even the oldest known single-celled organisms have been found to be incomprehensibly complex and sophisticated. “The problem for biology is to reach a simple beginning,” say astronomers Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe. “Fossil residues of ancient life-forms discovered in the rocks do not reveal a simple beginning. . . . so the evolutionary theory lacks a proper foundation.”⁠* And as information increases, the harder it becomes to explain how microscopic forms of life that are so incredibly sophisticated could have arisen by chance. (*: Evolution From Space, by Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe, 1981, p. 8.)

Belief in Darwin’s theory has led many sincere people to conclude that their existence is devoid of real purpose. If the cosmos and everything in it are the product of spontaneous combinations of elements after the primordial big bang, then there can be no real purpose to life. The late Nobel Prize-winning biologist Jacques Monod stated: “Man knows at last that he is alone in the unfeeling immensity of the universe from which he emerged by chance. His destiny is nowhere spelled out, nor is his duty.”

A similar thought is expressed by Oxford professor of chemistry Peter William Atkins, who declares: “I regard the existence of this extraordinary universe as having a wonderful, awesome grandeur. It hangs there in all its glory, wholly and completely useless.”

By no means do all scientists agree with that outlook. And for very good reasons. But that's for another time, this was just to show that these people believe that life arose “by chance” in spite of the evidence previously discussed and the inability to adequately explain how these complicated and sophisticated systems of machinery and technology emerged by chance, why we should believe that that's the way it happened, and/or why we should reject the more logical conclusion regarding what causal mechanism is known to be capable of producing systems of machinery and technology, namely engineering.
edit on 26-7-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Aren't we just a product of evolution?

Well, that is being taught by all educational systems in this world (I think it's every country) and promoted in various media (books, internet, entertainment, news, science news or journals, etc.). But perhaps there are people with a vested interest in promoting that ancient* idea, such as those whose entire scientific or academic careers depend on giving that impression (that that's the truth of the matter, a proven scientific fact):

*: Evolutionary ideas/philosophies like that one have been around for a while:

The Pagan Religious Roots of Evolutionary Philosophies and Philosophical Naturalism (part 1 of 2)

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I believe we were put here as a test a test that if we pass we will be given the ability to roam the universe .

Thoughts ?

Or punishment for something we did while roaming the universe?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ah nice one, I like your thinking 😊

I've considered something similar in my many ponderings.

That it could be a Prison Planet and, much like the quest of an Escape Room, we must seek the knowledge in order to escape---free ourselves.

A test to see who can find the answers whilst participating in accordance with the learnt knowledge/instructions. Not getting distracted along the way (as we know there are constant distractions to throw us off). The result: Finding the key that unlocks the door/portal. Game over.

Part of the knowledge/test, as you point out, would be to apply love and compassion in a World almost void of love and compassion (by design?). To reunite with all forms of ourselves---other humans, animals, minerals, elements, vegetables, the One etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nope unless you mean a test of patience until murdering someone

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

<< 1  2   >>

join