It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fictional conversation with a divine being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not really a conspiracy, nor specifically a short story, but food for thought. I'm not sure exactly where it would fit best.

Heavenly commoner: When you save people, the standards seem incredibly high. Why does it seem so many can't be saved?

Divine Being: I would say they are too easy. I have made the tests absurdly easy

Heavenly commoner: What do you mean?

Divine Being: Originally things were quite strict, but as things declined, I made the standard simpler and simpler as people were saturated in this environment of confusion so things were adjusted

Heavenly commoner: Can you explain?

Diving Being: Every time a test was presented, people could either voice support, remain neutral, or voice opposition. Their stance would show their character.

Divine Being: For example, there came a time where it was suggested men should be with men and women with women. It seems so silly, but some people adamantly shouted approval -- even those who weren't involved in the behavior as if they had some stake in the game. People even began to mock chastity as if it was a sin itself.

Divine Being: As things progressed, it seemed like there were still people who were confused so a more absurd case was laid before them. Everyone could pass it. It was presented that babies should be allowed to be killed for convenience sake? You would have thought everyone would have been neutral at best, but sadly quite a lot shouted that this was much better than preventing such a thing. How does one respond to that?

Heavenly commoner: So what could be done?

Divine Being: It was decided to present an even more ridiculous case so that even the most deluded could have a chance. It was suggested that boys could be girls and vice versa.

Heavenly commoner: Surely everyone could get that right. Even a child would laugh.

Divine Being: Alas, no. Many many people stood up in support of such things. Even world leaders declared that this must be encouraged -- anything else was cruelty. Corporations held celebrations about such activity.

Divine Being: As things progressed, the case of children being trafficked for terrible things was presented, many cases of this were brought to light-- a film was even made decrying the evils of such things. Rather than declare such activity as horrific, many took to mockery of the message. Shouldn't such a simple thing be condemned universally?

Heavenly commoner: I see now the difficulty. When things are made so absurd, so ridiculously simple, how could anyone claim that it was difficult or unfair? Perhaps nothing really can be done for them.

Divine Being: I don't want to give up, but can the choices be made much simpler? Can it be said there wasn't enough mercy? Surely they can wake up, no?
edit on 10-7-2023 by Halfswede because: misspelled word

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Have a chat with Amun, Lord of the Silent sometime.

Amun did not create humans and then curse them. Amun and the gods asked only that people live a good life and blessed them with immortality for their efforts in making the world a good and harmonious place.

Amun is much older than your deity. He and the gods require that you be generous to all, that you do not act violently, that you do not speak violently, that you don't steal someone's lover (whether male or female), that you don't brag, etc, etc. And after death if you have maintained the order of the world then you pass through to the land of the blessed dead.

If you're a jerk, steal things, lie, etc, then Amut eats your heart and you are gone forever.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Heavenly commoner: And what can we do about this problem?

Divine Being: Nothing, I might be a Divine Being but I don't care about humans.

Heavenly commoner: Maybe thats the problem?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

lol
Must be a very superficial and dumb 'divine being'

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   
"Could we with ink the ocean fill,
and were the skies of parchment made,
were every stalk on earth a quill,
and every man a scribe by trade.
To write the love of God above,
would drain the ocean dry,
nor could the scroll contain the whole,
though stretch from sky to sky."

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Man that's heavy.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Divine Being: Nothing, I might be a Divine Being but I have given them freewill, it’s not my position to interfere.

Divine Being: Nothing, I have given my creation autonomy based on love, i am not a dictator or control freak.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Always had a difficult time with this sort of logic.

If there are some that purposely confuse genders : it's not God's fault, because she Loves us so much, that she gave us freewill.

But it's our fault, somehow ?

Is it not possible that we, cultivating divinity in our every moment, also Love them so much, that we also grant them freewill ?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Divine Being: Nothing, I might be a Divine Being but I have given them freewill, it’s not my position to interfere.

Divine Being: Nothing, I have given my creation autonomy based on love, i am not a dictator or control freak.

Protecting helpless children from being trafficed and raped is a dictatorial action?

Divine Being: I allow children to be molested on mass to prove I love them and I'm not a control freak.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yo God ................................What's Up Bro ?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Protecting helpless children from being trafficed and raped is a dictatorial action?

Divine Being: I allow children to be molested on mass to prove I love them and I'm not a control freak.

So, what else do you want this Divine Being to step in and sort out for you?
Maybe you should consider sorting it out, wherever you draw the line, whats the line?
Want a god on a stick, because you know better?

God has outlawed harming children, there is a time coming when He will sort it out.
Make no mistake, there is a time coming

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Satan is just a scapegoat!
He does not Need to do any thing.
Man does it all.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Satan is a Virus Created by a Supreme Being to Test Our Resolve in Evolving Back to his Initial Creative Expression .

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So, what else do you want this Divine Being to step in and sort out for you?
Maybe you should consider sorting it out, wherever you draw the line, whats the line?
Want a god on a stick, because you know better?

God has outlawed harming children, there is a time coming when He will sort it out.
Make no mistake, there is a time coming

Sure. Children have been harmed for millennia, often in the name of a god of some description. No god has come down to save them, and never will. Because those gods are inventions of people to attempt to explain things they currently have no scientific understanding of. But mostly to justify and legitimize their abhorrent treatment of others.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Satan is just a scapegoat!
He does not Need to do any thing.
Man does it all.

Exactly! The same is also true of the good that people do. It is not god. It is entirely down to people.

top topics

join