It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orange .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The Philosophy of an Orange .

“Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe” ― Lex Luthor

Is it just me or has it always felt like we are missing something ? A sense or an Appendage that we once had but no longer . Funny how the Spirit adapts though isn’t it , As though we were never missing anything at all .

The other day I was cutting up an Orange with an exceptionally sharp knife , I didn’t even feel the knife slice through the tip of my thumb . I saw the blood first then came the pain. I looked down at my thumb and a large piece of it had been filet cleaned off. I did not panic but rather took the moment to remind myself of my own mortality. Blood mixed with the orange creating an interesting crimson effect . I picked up the piece of my thumb and considered going to the hospital to have it sewn back on ….

But for whatever reason I decided against this and washed the flesh down the drain.

Over the next few days I had to modify how I did everything from eating to getting dressed in the mornings , Though it was a minor wound it still left me incapable of using my Left Thumb therefore nearly incapable of using my left hand. While I am Right handed it has surprised me just how much I do with my Left hand.

So of course all of this got me thinking about what else have I lost ? What else have we as humanity Lost ? It’s not like we would Know it , for all we know we once had Three arms or nine senses . But there would be residual feelings almost like phantom limb syndrome , A feeling the limb is still there though it’s been removed. I can feel the nerve endings firing in my thumb searching for the missing piece of flesh almost like electricity on an open wire.

The Bible says we were made from the Flesh of the Father . Or if you would rather see it as we are made of the same dust that formed the Universe.

We were once whole and now over the eons we’ve had pieces of us hacked away or separated if you will , I have no idea why but the moment I saw the Blood fill that orange and I felt the pain I knew I was about to learn something .

What lesson did I learn ?

1. Pay attention when you're using an extremely sharp knife.

2. The pain and loss reminded me of the Longing I feel everyday. A longing there is something just out of my reach but with the proper discipline I can relearn what it is we lost

This further made me think of the Healing process of the Body. Geneticists say the human body ages because of a simple fault in our DNA . When we are young our bones grow stronger , Our skin glows brighter and we as a whole just Enhance and grow . Then at some point a switch is flipped and our hair starts to turn gray and lines appear on our face and our bones begin to ache .

Yet as I stand here at work I’m looking at my Thumb and its healing , The wound is slowly closing up day by day and yet....

I have New Gray hair everyday and a New line in my face every week . How is it that One part of my body is falling apart while other parts regenerate ? Why didn’t my thumb just fall off when I wounded it ? We really are missing something , We as a species are allowing ourselves to be held down. I will figure this out, mark my words.

edit on 3-7-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I wouldn't concern yourself until you get a haircut and it bleeds, or you cut yourself and the knife bleeds.

Everything Always Unfolds Perfectly and Beautifully.

Try slapping your own face for a while. It will make you smile.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Interesting thought. I am going to give this a lot of thought today and reply again later. Thanks for the mind blown 🤯 a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Is that question applicable to Darwinism?

Probably not, it seems to best fit with the hindu genesis....

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It's the ultimate mind over matter question, isn't it?
Am I a slave of my cells & genes? Or are they working for me?
There are organism which regenerate, making them basically immortal but of course they're a lot less complex.
I mean less complex in their 'matter form' as well as their mind.
Regeneration requires energy and rest at the same time as the parts of you getting regenerated wouldn't function during the process.
Even If there would be a way around it it's possible your consciousness arises from your living cells' consciousness and a complete reset would therefore wipe that too.
But still the mind which seeks immortality for the body to prove its power over life will only find its own death.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Did you eat the bloody orange or flush it down the drain with your piece of flesh?

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Perhaps it WAS all in your mind....

Blood Orange

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I wouldn't concern yourself until you get a haircut and it bleeds, or you cut yourself and the knife bleeds.

lol yes those are moments in my Dreams they seem to make sense then I wake up and I feel like I'm up side down.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Did you eat the bloody orange or flush it down the drain with your piece of flesh?

It crossed my mind to eat the orange but nah I flushed it

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It's the ultimate mind over matter question, isn't it?
Am I a slave of my cells & genes? Or are they working for me?
There are organism which regenerate, making them basically immortal but of course they're a lot less complex.
I mean less complex in their 'matter form' as well as their mind.
Regeneration requires energy and rest at the same time as the parts of you getting regenerated wouldn't function during the process.
Even If there would be a way around it it's possible your consciousness arises from your living cells' consciousness and a complete reset would therefore wipe that too.
But still the mind which seeks immortality for the body to prove its power over life will only find its own death.

Some interesting points .

Makes perfect sense really because immortality for a Human is in the end Death .

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

The blood orange is a variety of orange (Citrus × sinensis) (also referred to as raspberry orange) with crimson, near blood-colored flesh.

Creepy how close that is to what I said

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Is that question applicable to Darwinism?

Probably not, it seems to best fit with the hindu genesis....

I find myself getting really into Hinduism lately .

I've got this book Vigyan Bhairav Tantra on order , It should keep me occupied for some time .

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't manage to take deep dives into religion, but what wiki says, sounds promising.

....These include several variants of breath awareness, concentration on various centers in the body, non-dual awareness, mantra practice, visualizations and contemplations which make use of the senses. A prerequisite to success in any of the practices is a clear understanding of which method is most suitable to the practitioner....

bold
was probably my biggest aha moment and one that is thaught in only a few exoteric doctrines, it made things much less burdensome...

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don’t worry dude. In fewer than ten years you will be able to grow a whole new hand and have them switch it out with the defective one. Just need a cell of yours and the scaffolding to grow a new hand around it. You can even grow it a different color, or cancer resistant or bigger…

Everyone always assumes it must be what I did to another part of my body, but with a sense of superiority and pride I just tell them as they stare in disbelief, “nope, haha…that’s ALLLLLL me there!” Really, it’s like they have never seen such a huge, beautiful big toe!

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Beautiful story OP though it made me a bit sick. I hope you're healing well. As to getting old, I happened upon an article recently, stating that as we go through our lives our ability to heal slowly diminishes. Pretty obvious, but what it means is that each time we get sick we lose a bit of our health which never returns. Bit by bit we lose it, not even realising that we lost something. Every time our body suffers, a part of our ability to heal is lost, until we are so old and fragile that even a cut to the finger can be fatal. Scar by scar we die.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Funny thing about Orange, Dark Orange is a real thing (we see it all the time). The conspiracy lays in why people think the color Brown exists (it doesn't).

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Very interesting. I can relate. I have very similar feelings. Frequently.

Curiously, I had just finished reading this quote when I came upon your thread:

Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I love it! Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Funny thing about Orange, Dark Orange is a real thing (we see it all the time). The conspiracy lays in why people think the color Brown exists (it doesn't).

That's why the Orange got flushed perhaps.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Always cut away from yourself

<<   2 >>

join