It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Environmental causes for gender dysphoria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
…But suddenly if a big hairy man decides he is actually a woman and seeks help, then he has a problem that he thinks needs sorting out. I guess it could be interpreted that he has a mental problem. But it could also be caused by some sort of social brainwashing,

Why is it that folks unfamiliar with trans people have this picture in their mind that they’re all big burly hairy men that “suddenly” decide they’re actually women who couldn’t possibly ever pass or be accepted as a woman? This another trope that might be popular in the media and anti-trans circles and certainly I’m sure this does happen sometimes which is most unfortunate for all the parties involved but it is unrealistic and grossly inaccurate to think this is the norm or that all trans people are big hairy lumberjacks in a mini-skirt, wig and bad makeup job.

As far as “social brainwashing”, what would it take for you to be convinced you are really a woman inside and proceed with a medical transition?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

…But suddenly if a big hairy man decides he is actually a woman and seeks help, then he has a problem that he thinks needs sorting out. I guess it could be interpreted that he has a mental problem. But it could also be caused by some sort of social brainwashing,

Why is it that folks unfamiliar with trans people have this picture in their mind that they’re all big burly hairy men that “suddenly” decide they’re actually women who couldn’t possibly ever pass or be accepted as a woman? This another trope that might be popular in the media and anti-trans circles and certainly I’m sure this does happen sometimes which is most unfortunate for all the parties involved but it is unrealistic and grossly inaccurate to think this is the norm or that all trans people are big hairy lumberjacks in a mini-skirt, wig and bad makeup job.

As far as “social brainwashing”, what would it take for you to be convinced you are really a woman inside and proceed with a medical transition?

Depends on what your call transwomen. In our days men can just identify as women without any signs of gender dysphoria or having taken any medications/hormones and without having had gender affirming surgery. This very fact fuels a lot of negative attention against the new form of trans ideology.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I won't exclude environmental factors of gender dysphoria, peer pressure, and social contagion. Although I think this is mainly a mental health issue treated the wrong way on many occasions.
edit on 27-6-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: anonentity

It's a complicated subject with many moving parts.

But one of the questions we need to ask is if it's something in our food/water/air/soil, why not everyone? Simple genetics? Timing? Quantities? I don't know but it behooves us all to find out.

There once was a saying that no matter what happens to the human race outside of a complete planetary destruction 10% of the population would be immune to whatever was thrown at it and survive.

That reason within itself would answer those questions "why not everyone?"

When it comes to poisons there are actually people out there that train their immune system to deal with deadly poisons by allowing themselves to be bitten by the most venomous creatures on the planet. So it's definitely possible for the body to adapt to this. It's all about how they were exposed and how their body deals with it.

Since most increases in these poisons are overtime it literally follows the same principals that the venom chasers use that allow the body to adapt. However, a lot of the damage is being done to those who are "diving in" instead of aging with it so it's becoming more noticeable. (Stronger upfront doses(newer generations) vs those who were exposed at slower rates(older generations) - because of excess buildup in water and food supply from previous sprays, etc)

But in the end it was the 10% survival theory that birthed the idea that viruses was the most humane way of deciding who lived and died. Giving everyone the same chance as the next when it came to survival without manually choosing who lives and dies.

So the real question is at what point does the human body stop being human? When we wind up made up of mostly chemicals compounds created by the pollution and poisons we consume and are increasingly exposed to. After all when water is contaminated as badly as it is, and your made up mostly said water, it's only natural to have some side effects as the human body mutates to compensate consumption and exposure. Those who don't adapt will eventually die out.

Essentially any bloodline who isn't attracted to the opposite gender - their genepool without outside help will eventually cease to exist - so it's a form of natural selection in part of the evolution - as their brains didn't adapt to the exposure rates, which allowed them to be attracted to suitable mates. Sadly unlike "gay frogs" which have the ability to gender swap on their own while still being able to breed, humans just aren't capable yet genetically speaking. So the main push of it being "okay" just becomes a cash cow for industry. As realistic survival relies on genes being passed down from one generation to the next.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are in a transition stage of evolution where humans become managed by nature. Like all species, when they become overpopulated they wind up starving or developing reproductive issues which includes attractions to the same gender. They have done countless experiments on this. So it could be that nature itself has deemed we are overpopulated, and nothing more. But I am sure, it's a little bit of everything.

If you would like to know how it's done at that point, you could say it's from the air, the water or our food. Everything outside of meat has a chemical defense system we have grown accustomed to ignoring.

Example potato's contain cyanide, deadly to humans if prepared wrong and has actually killed people. However if you look at nature most animals that eat plant only eat 1-3 species of plant. That is because anything else would kill them. Their bodies aren't adapted to the toxic defenses of other types of plants, and this keeps most animals who eat plants populations in check by limiting supplies on what they can eat. So realistically, these triggers could come from eating plants. It can be any number of things we humans forgot because of manufactured schooling of mostly useless information.
edit on 50520234030 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Depends on what your call transwomen. In our days men can just identify as women without any signs of gender dysphoria or having taken any medications/hormones and without having had gender affirming surgery. This very fact fuels a lot of negative attention against the new form of trans ideology.

I am curious, where did you hear this from and do you have any examples? Not saying among millions of trans people there might be a few extremely isolated incidences of this but to me, this sounds like nothing but a fear mongering myth or what if scenario propagated by conservative and anti-trans sources.

Back on topic…

As to the causes of gender dysphoria, because the issue is so complex and more studies are needed, science doesn’t really know but the general consensus and leading hypotheses indicate biological origins for the condition.

Genetic Link Between Gender Dysphoria and Sex Hormone Signaling

In summary, the results of our study of transgender women support the hypothesis that gender dysphoria has a polygenic basis, involving interactions among multiple genes and polymorphisms that may alter the sexual differentiation of the brain in utero, contributing to the development of gender dysphoria in transgender women.

Gender Dysphoria: A Review Investigating the Relationship Between Genetic Influences and Brain Development

The studies and research that have been conducted allow us to confirm that masculinization or feminization of the gonads does not always proceed in alignment with that of the brain development and function. There is a distinction between the sex (visible in the body’s anatomical features or defined genetically) and the gender of an individual (the way that people perceive themselves).

It is noted that the causal mechanism of GD is unknown, but the importance of biological influences via genes and hormones is clear.

…These point to a possible biological and genetic underpinning of GD as stemming from a dissonance between gonadal development and brain sexual differentiation and orientation. However, GD is a multifactorial condition which biology alone cannot fully explain. Further research is required to identify a true causal mechanism of GD, as well as investigating an inheritance pattern.

Genetic Aspects of Gender Identity Development and Gender Dysphoria

The development of gender identity, its variance, and gender dysphoria is thought to be a complex process involving biological and psychosocial factors. Heritability studies have demonstrated a genetic factor for the development of gender dysphoria. The brain is regarded as the anatomical substrate of gender identity, and sex differences of the brain are studied to elucidate the process of gender identity development. Many sex differences have been attributed to hormonal action, and the first genetic studies in transsexuals were focused on sex-steroid-related genes. To this day, a convincing candidate gene has not been identified, and it is now known that sex chromosomes have a direct effect on sex differentiation and that they may play a role in gender identity development. For future studies of the genetic base of gender dysphoria, new techniques, such as genome-wide studies, have become available. In addition, epigenetic studies may provide for a different association perspective of the genetics of gender dysphoria.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I agree with you there it is a mental health problem. We treat it with doing irreversible surgeries and drugs that we doing now the full effect of them. all we know we could be causing all trans individuals who undergo surgeries cancer in the next few decades. I don't see how giving into there new language is helping anyone. Calling them neo pronouns and other pronouns as helpful.
a reply to: AlienBorg

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: solowolf
Trans people have been taking cross-sex hormones since the 1930s and tens of thousands of sex reassignment surgeries have been performed since the 1950s and if cancer was a common result, don't you think they'd have figured it out by now?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I am curious, where did you hear this from and do you have any examples? Not saying among millions of trans people there might be a few extremely isolated incidences of this but to me, this sounds like nothing but a fear mongering myth or what if scenario propagated by conservative and anti-trans sources.

Back on topic…

As to the causes of gender dysphoria, because the issue is so complex and more studies are needed, science doesn’t really know but the general consensus and leading hypotheses indicate biological origins for the condition.

Genetic Link Between Gender Dysphoria and Sex Hormone Signaling

In summary, the results of our study of transgender women support the hypothesis that gender dysphoria has a polygenic basis, involving interactions among multiple genes and polymorphisms that may alter the sexual differentiation of the brain in utero, contributing to the development of gender dysphoria in transgender women.

Gender Dysphoria: A Review Investigating the Relationship Between Genetic Influences and Brain Development

The studies and research that have been conducted allow us to confirm that masculinization or feminization of the gonads does not always proceed in alignment with that of the brain development and function. There is a distinction between the sex (visible in the body’s anatomical features or defined genetically) and the gender of an individual (the way that people perceive themselves).

It is noted that the causal mechanism of GD is unknown, but the importance of biological influences via genes and hormones is clear.

…These point to a possible biological and genetic underpinning of GD as stemming from a dissonance between gonadal development and brain sexual differentiation and orientation. However, GD is a multifactorial condition which biology alone cannot fully explain. Further research is required to identify a true causal mechanism of GD, as well as investigating an inheritance pattern.

Genetic Aspects of Gender Identity Development and Gender Dysphoria

The development of gender identity, its variance, and gender dysphoria is thought to be a complex process involving biological and psychosocial factors. Heritability studies have demonstrated a genetic factor for the development of gender dysphoria. The brain is regarded as the anatomical substrate of gender identity, and sex differences of the brain are studied to elucidate the process of gender identity development. Many sex differences have been attributed to hormonal action, and the first genetic studies in transsexuals were focused on sex-steroid-related genes. To this day, a convincing candidate gene has not been identified, and it is now known that sex chromosomes have a direct effect on sex differentiation and that they may play a role in gender identity development. For future studies of the genetic base of gender dysphoria, new techniques, such as genome-wide studies, have become available. In addition, epigenetic studies may provide for a different association perspective of the genetics of gender dysphoria.

Are you aware of the event in Canada where a man walked in a female powerlifting competition and claimed to be a woman. In Canada you are considered a woman/transwoman by just self declaring yourself to be woman. It resulted in smashing the record for this competition which was held by another transwoman!

Btw I know the distinction between woman and transwoman. I think the name of the athlete was Avi Silverberg.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: solowolf
I agree with you there it is a mental health problem. We treat it with doing irreversible surgeries and drugs that we doing now the full effect of them. all we know we could be causing all trans individuals who undergo surgeries cancer in the next few decades. I don't see how giving into there new language is helping anyone. Calling them neo pronouns and other pronouns as helpful.

Exactly!

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Are you aware of the event in Canada where a man walked in a female powerlifting competition and claimed to be a woman. In Canada you are considered a woman/transwoman by just self declaring yourself to be woman. It resulted in smashing the record for this competition which was held by another transwoman!

Btw I know the distinction between woman and transwoman. I think the name of the athlete was Avi Silverberg.

Except Avi Silverberg is not a trans woman. He was trolling, mocking and protesting the self-id rules of the Canadian Powerlifting Union that has no rules for hormone levels or surgery or anything other than say so which is entirely stupid and should be trolled.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Except Avi Silverberg is not a trans woman. He was trolling, mocking and protesting the self-id rules of the Canadian Powerlifting Union that has no rules for hormone levels or surgery or anything other than say so which is entirely stupid and should be trolled.

But that's precisely what I said. In some countries you don't need to transition as it seems. And I will assume in terms of other rights self-declaration is enough for the state to recognise you as a woman or transwoman.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The perceived state or ideal of being in populous that opposes gender dysphoria would mean euphoria or a city state of bliss... opposing that city state would be what the French call: Laissez-faire having already dealt with this in their hearing of Romanesque ideals infiltrating their monarchy as gauche. The settlement was Bijoux as in baroque music and renaissance festivals in Bordeaux so much the wine flowed the south of Louisiana came hunting in the New World for grapes not knowing it even existed. The grapes of wrath were when the Cherokee said boat Left with casques pointing toward Europe when the nearest port not wine was West. If they accepted that it was New World wine? Natives would drink it away from America.

When gender dysphoria and even age dysphoria arose in Rome? It was everyone get naked and clothe the elderly aptly named father time having no means to keep it.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Do i need to show you your own OP? You were going ham about the polluted environment and endocrine disruptors stealing the souls of nations and needing to play chemical catchup to mitigate the damage.

But now it's "oh yeah you're right, trans people HAVE always existed. BUT HAIRY ONES ARE BAD OKAY"

now you think maybe it's brainwashing? dude you're all over the show! pick a thing to blame and stick with it! I really like that one dude's theory about how aliens manipulated our DNA when they started abducting us to create trans people. Now that's a theory you can really get behind.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I am not going on about endocrine disruptors, the epidemiologist was, so it was worth discussing as we all have to admit it is getting more air time these days than it ever has.But the whole point of sex in nature is reproduction. The rest is different ways that humans masturbate which might just be the crux of all this, anything to do with sex sparks people's interest. Mabey we are just oversexed because were bored?

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What you got is people grooming people at an early age ,whether it's in person thru music,thru tv shows and movies or teaching it in schools. When I was in school forty plus years ago this was not a thing. Now it's everywhere you look.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonah1970

In Polynesia families have a Fufalini pop up now and then, It is not a big deal and if the family has a lot of boys, the mother won't complain because they take on a female role
, it seems the common sense way to deal with it. But if the Boy doesn't feel that way it won't work even with the indoctrination. So pushing the Gay agenda on TV might in the end be whistling in the wind. Any chemical additives to neutering might just be causing misery down the line.
www.bitchute.com... Here we find what's really going on and how truly bizarre the future will become.For profit of course.

Here we have in the West a very unnatural take on the whole view, We have a Transexual running the health department, who will be observing the world through his/her reality and be able in a position of power push decisions through, a totally different take on the way it is done in Polynesia.www.bitchute.com...

v
edit on 29-6-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason givewww.bitchute.com...)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: solowolf

You're right- this is a mental health issue- it's treated the wrong ways-
there is what we call- social contagion- to be considered after so many teenagers think they have gender dysphoria-
most likely all these feelings will go away (if they exist in the first place) by the end of puberty-

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join