It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSB Starts criminal proceedings against Prigozhin for "the Organization of Armed Insurrection"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Because the fact of the matter is Putin would probably be up for nuking the Wagner forces simply to prove a point.

The problem Putin has is that Wagner are now on Russian soil , reportedly they entered from 2 locations and appear to have met little or no resistance so they are moving North , even f he wanted too I don't think using Nukes on your own territory is an option.

Putin has looked weak for a few weeks now , given the failures of his "special operation" the question has to be how much grass roots support does he have , I guess that's a question that will be answered in the coming hours.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Kind of hard to post when there's an internet blackout.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: andy06shake

Because the fact of the matter is Putin would probably be up for nuking the Wagner forces simply to prove a point.

The problem Putin has is that Wagner are now on Russian soil , reportedly they entered from 2 locations and appear to have met little or no resistance so they are moving North , even f he wanted too I don't think using Nukes on your own territory is an option.

Putin has looked weak for a few weeks now , given the failures of his "special operation" the question has to be how much grass roots support does he have , I guess that's a question that will be answered in the coming hours.

I don't think that any underling would take responsibility for nuking the Motherland.

Listening to Combat Veteran Reacts on YT reading some releases by the Russian MOD. They are now taking a softer tone against Wagner, no longer threatening the PMC, but asking/urging them to stand down and go back to their previous deployment positions. The Russian government and military are looking weaker by the hour.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't know gortex, I kind of said it tongue in cheek, but Putin's response in all of this is going to have to be draconian and decisive in the extreme.

Else he simply won't be in power for long because they will be able to smell the fear and weakness.

Putin is choking to chuck a nuke or two out of the pram in an attempt to show force and beat his chest with both fists.

And he knows darn well what will happen if he is silly enough to do so in Ukraine or anywhere else in Europe.

Nuking forces, in what's considered to be his own territory inside Russia, well what can we really say about that?

He might just be able to get away with doing something so stupid even if it will equate to shooting himself in the foot.

As you suggest time will tell as to what transpires in the coming hours but if Wagner rises against him that's 25,000+ troops coming for his head which will indeed require a response of the sledge hammer sorts by my guess.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The problem Putin has is that Wagner are now on Russian soil , reportedly they entered from 2 locations and appear to have met little or no resistance so they are moving North.

Wagner carrying out a " Special Operation "

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This will be part of Putin's plan to get out of Ukraine with less egg on his face now western military equipment is pushing them out anyway, it offers a great excuse to pull out the troops to protect mother Russia. Note Prigozzin is in no way threatening Putin

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

The looking weak part is what's of concern all the same.

And if he does not cut the head off that chicken it's apt to lay an egg right in his lap.

Granted nuking Wagner forces would indeed be rather extreme, but that bastard Putin is choking to prove a point, and if he cant get away with it in someone else's playground, he might just be silly enough to try it in his own.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yep , Ukraine say Wagner are conducting a "counter-terrorist operation" in Russia.

"Prigozhin's (Wagner) counter-terrorist operation on the territory of Russia has already led to the capture of Rostov, several federal highways, the headquarters of the Southern District and ‘SMO.’ The events gained widespread publicity in Russia and even an insulting legal evaluation by the FSB Special Purpose Center, the National Anti-Terrorist Center, and the Prosecutor General's Office," Podolyak emphasized.
www.ukrinform.net...

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Some more info on the subject.

Wonder when Putin will chine up on the situation apparently he is going to do so and address the nation sometime today.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This will be part of Putin's plan to get out of Ukraine with less egg on his face now western military equipment is pushing them out anyway, it offers a great excuse to pull out the troops to protect mother Russia.

Sorry mate but I don't see that , nothing is more eggy than having the Mercenary force Russia has relied on in Ukraine for over a year turn on your own Ministry of Defence and head for your Capital.

Unconfirmed reports say a Wagner column was on Saturday hit by Russian air strikes in the Voronezh region, a halfway point to Moscow.

Both Prigozhin and the Russian defence ministry are now actively urging armed men on the opposing side to switch allegiance - but at this stage it's unclear who will have an upper hand.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Prigozhin want's the removal Sergei Shoigu and a seat for Wagner in the MOD , if Putin acquiesces to that then he looks even weaker , if not then Russia could fall into Civil War dependant on the support that Prigozhin has.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Some more info on the subject.

Wonder when Putin will chine up on the situation apparently he is going to do so and address the nation sometime today.

Putin addressed Russia this morning, describing Wagner's actions as 'mutiny'. Rostov-on-Don appears to have been taken over by Wagner. This is insane. And amusing. I imagine that Putin's panicking right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex totally agree with you mate it just seems the only way out of probable total defeat in Ukraine, maybe I was getting a little carried away in thougts

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Here it is mate , the interpreter is a bit bobbins though .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-6-2023 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I must have missed his address somehow.

Aye, panicking would be my guess also, because if he canny beat Ukraine, we have to wonder what kind of damage 25,000+ armed Russians heading in the wrong direction could achieve.

Thunder run to the Kremlin Mr Prigozhin?

Probably not but we can dream.

edit on 24-6-2023 by andy06shake because: Cheers Gortex.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Cheers for the link.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Where's vNex92 when we need him ?

edit on 24-6-2023 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Canada.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
This will be part of Putin's plan to get out of Ukraine with less egg on his face now western military equipment is pushing them out anyway, it offers a great excuse to pull out the troops to protect mother Russia. Note Prigozzin is in no way threatening Putin

A quickly developing and growing coup causing the Russians to have to pull out of Ukraine is not going to result in less egg on Putin's face.

Certainly Prigozhin hasn't threatened Putin so far, just his top military leaders. In this way Prigozhin can take over and keep Putin as a puppet if he finds it convenient to do so for the time being.

In separate news from an Ukrainian blogger, Denys Davydov, Ukrainian forces are apparently holding off on any more attacks right now. Wonder if Ukraine has come to some understanding with Prigozhin for the time being. Perhaps they figure that in a day or two they may be able to take a whole lot of territory with little to no loss. And if your enemy is fighting himself, let him. No sense in possibly re-uniting the enemy against you. Then again, the Ukrainians may be using this time to redeploy for a now more advantageous line of attack.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   

It's going to be extremely poetic if Moscow falls in three days.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Where's vNEX92 when we need him ?

I know, right.
I was kind of looking forward to reading how he was going to twist this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join