It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Rocket Delivers China Astronauts to China Space Station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

One word SPACE X .........

If Musk can get Starship up and running SLS will be seen as expensive white elephant - absurdly expensive and technically obsolete

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
spacenews.com...

A crew of three astronauts including the first Chinese civilian astronaut has arrived at the Tiangong space station.

A Long March 2F rocket carrying the Shenzhou-16 spacecraft lifted off from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the Gobi Desert at 9:31 p.m. Eastern May 29. Rendezvous and docking with a radial Tiangong docking port was completed at 4:29 a.m. May 30, China’s human spaceflight agency, CMSA, confirmed.

not crazy about the Chinese government but we must credit their space program

Bravo China!

an inspiration to the rest of us. best wishes for future endeavors.

I must confess I didn't realize they even had a space station.

(I wonder how much of their tech came from the USA..?)

What did they have to Eat on the Way there , Chinese Food ? .......Umm...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Nah They get takeoff delivered ........

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Why wouldn't China want to have their own info feed on what's actually going on out there?

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I suppose it was only a matter of time before the Flat Earthers showed up.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
There is no excuse for this. Heads should roll at NASA.

Defund NASA.

Why?

What's this got to do with NASA?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The adjectival form of "China" is "Chinese". Using the word "China" as you did three times in your thread title is derogatory as well as ignorant sounding. But maybe that is what you were going for.

And no, being respectful to a people and their culture is not the same thing as sucking up to a country's government.

As for the technology, yes, a lot of it came from the US, but some of it came from Europe no doubt. As for playing politics about it, Nixon opened up relations with China, the Reagan administration supplied sophisticated weapons and weapon technology to China, and it was the Bush I administration that did nothing in response to the Tiananmen Square massacre. Yes, a lot of the rocket technology came from the US during the Clinton administration. Guess they figured that US companies ought to get some money out of it, rather than leaving it to the Europeans to make bank, or the Chinese to steal it in any case.

Oh yeah, and the Trump administration raised tariffs on Chinese goods, which then caused the price of those good to increase and a hit to the US agriculture industry.

And don't forget that our cheap electronics from China with their terrible labor and environmental laws, and even prison labor give us much more buying power. Where did your electronic device (and its parts) that you're using to write your post here come from? But its so much more satisfying to blame it on Bill Clinton (or generic Democratic president), isn't it?
edit on 3-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: Added an additional 2 paragraphs

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Space programs are different from terrestrial affairs. It isn't and extension of national cultures up into space but rather a space to Earth communication. It's something else up there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join