It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depleting the Holy Land - Conspiracy Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
For several years I have been trying to validate my conspiracy theory that the U.S. government and others are aligned in a plot to deplete the "Holy Land" of any and all natural resources.

My theory is that once the resources are gone they will no longer have the power or money they need to fund their dominance over the world. It may also be possible for a western influence over these regions.

Here are a few ideas that support my theory:

1. The U.S. and other nations have the ability to convert to alternate energy sources. But they do not. In the U.S. we have done everything we can to make sure cars use gas!
2. Liberating Kuwait was about restoring the flow of oil. However, our own oil reserves are vastly untapped.
3. U.S. research grants for alternate energy are meager compared to other programs.

Can anyone think of some hard facts that might support my inclination towards a conspiracy like this?

Famous Wayne

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This [linked below] might prove to be an interesting read to you then, Famous Wayne.
Life After the Oil Crash

seekerof

Edit: fixed link

[edit on 4/9/2005 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Holy Land? I don't think there's any oil or many other natural resources there...

[edit on 4/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes, the article you linked is a good read. Important among the items in it are how minor fluctuations in availability of oil start to effect everything. I do believe it is possible to shut entire countries down by minor adjustments in oil costs.

However, we have all heard about that crazy farmer "out there" somewhere that has converted his dairy farm to methane. What would be the cost of cutting over a city, a town, or even a single neighborhood to methane as the source energy?

As an added note to my conspiracy, their are very few dairy operations in the middle east, and they may need to buy their methane from us.

Famous Wayne

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Famous Wayne
2. Liberating Kuwait was about restoring the flow of oil. However, our own oil reserves are vastly untapped.

This part is incorrect world oil production is peaking now.

United States oil production peaked in 1970.
Even the Saudis claim that they cannont increase current
production by more than 100,000 barrels a day, an increase
that will make little difference on the world scale. In fact the
only country that is known to be able to immediatly and significantly
increase production is (you guessed it) Iraq.

www.hubbertpeak.com

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't think it's a conspiracy.

I say that because it's not like the U.S. government hides it or denies wanting to use foriegn oil before tapping into all that we have available. It's still a hell of a lot cheaper to build and run an oil field in the middle east deserts than it is in the Alaskan Tundra. The U.S. has had a policy of keeping certain natural resources in a sort of reserve status for decades. The strategy is two fold, save Americas resources in case of political unrest and wars, and to exert economic influence over foriegn governments. The term "strategic reserves" doesn't just mean the however many barrels in the storage facilities, it also means what untapped domestic production can be opened up in emergencies.

Even Canada which has a large oil industry still looks to foriegn oil before tapping into new fields domesticaly. It's cheaper and it's less environmentally damaging (at least to Cananda's environment).

China as well, they have begun production on their own huge "stategic reserve" program and a large storage facility.

I actually think it's pretty smart. I may sound like a jerk for saying it but I'd rather deplete someone elses resources before our own and besides oil production in nasty and dirty, let someone else have the mess while we enjoy our wildlife refuges and national parks. Ok, yup. I sound like a jerk. But I don't care, I don't think everything in life HAS to be fair.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Unfortunately, LFT, there was a report done by the CIA shortly after M. King Hubbert let the cat out of the bag and it validated the information - then Hubbert was marginalized and silence pretty much reigned until the first OPEC scare in the US, and then only the 'green freaks' knew his name until the mid 80's. Pretty conspiratorial if you ask me.

It is interesting to note the jockying for position of the SuperPowers and their financiers from the mid-fifties onward if one looks at it from an oil supply standpoint (strategic) only...it explains far more than the cover story of 'cold-war' ever could.

It's sad that you take such an offhand attitude towards a very serious issue. There are no efficient alternatives to oil, nothing today moves without oil. And we are now retrograde in world oil supply, evidenced by the opening of the oil wars, covered by 'terrorist' pretexts.

Remember, US past peak in mid 70's, Canada past peak in mid 80's, Russia past peak just after Canada (reason for collapse of Communism, balance of oil sales). The remaining swing share rests in 14 Muslim countries, with lesser amounts in Africa and So. America. By coincidence you will find hightened US military activity in all these areas now.

PS: The rest of the world won't sit idle and allow the US to be the arbiter of the worlds remaining oil supplies. It's gonna get ugly, and 'terrorism' isn't the reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It's sad that you take such an offhand attitude towards a very serious issue. There are no efficient alternatives to oil, nothing today moves without oil. And we are now retrograde in world oil supply, evidenced by the opening of the oil wars, covered by 'terrorist' pretexts

The rest of the world won't sit idle and allow the US to be the arbiter of the worlds remaining oil supplies. It's gonna get ugly, and 'terrorism' isn't the reason.

These are very real and frightening points. This is at least partly why
we are getting our foot in the door in Iraq and Afghanistan we need the
oil, and yes it is going to get ugly and no the public is not ready to handle
the situation or the impending crisis which is now in its infancy.
(at least the powers that be dont think so)So the government has manufactured
ways to keep public support for these operations. and in my opinion
when the sh*t hits the fan as it surley will when other counties see their own
impending doom and everyone starts to make a mad dash for the last of
whats left. We will be glad that we got the jump on the gun..

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is no 'jump on the gun' in a zero sum game.

There is only complicity at the highest levels in reducing populations through the horsemen to stretch out the age of oil.

Delaying tactics are not a solution, and all the players knew the game was afoot in the mid fifties.

top topics

join