It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive Mars Mosaic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So, I found this interesting link and i just wanted to share it with you all as i was unable to find it here.

Its very similar to how google earth was long ago with little detail and images not lining up properly, really made me think that someday soon we may have better images and even "street views"

Within the link we can even see where our little droids friends are, as well as their respective paths. Perseverance, Spirit, Curiosity and Opportunity are easy to see.

The Murray Lab - Global CTX Mosaic of Mars (powered by ESRI)

There are also a few noted locations/geographic regions that are quickly accessed with the links available including Olympus Mons, Mariner Valley, and several interesting sites, which to me indicate the presence of water in the past but im no planetary geologist, just a hopeless optimist who really just wanted to find the Cydonia region.

Anyway hope you enjoy. if you find anything interesting i would love to see it so please share!!

edit on 17pm31400000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17pm31400000023 by datguy because: typing too fast

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I also dont usually reply to myself but i wanted to add separately a little bit about the Cydonia region.
I was fascinated when i read Richard Hoagland's "monuments of mars" as a kid and have always had a soft spot for the ideas

As some of you may be more familiar with the "face of Mars" reference, Cydonia is a region where Viking 1 images were believed to be evidence of "structures" on mars in particular the Face but also included other "geometrical structures" in the region.

I have been using a Topographic map to get the general area of its location but finding has made my eyes hurt and im taking a break.

If you click on "view plate" it is a very large PDF image with some great info.

edit on 17pm31500000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am very cross with you! ... Now I will spend far too much time scouring through this mosaic...

Seriously though, thanks for bringing this here... for reasons I can't really explain, I find this fascinating!

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

I am sorry not sorry
i lost a few hours there today myself i should have put a disclaimer in the OP

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Could spend hours pouring over this! The geography is amazing. I've already spent close to one! I gave up looking for Cydonia. They should add that link too. They KNOW we're going to look! lol

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

The Zoom Pixel Resolution has a lot to be Desired there..............(
edit on 17-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this......already lost a couple of hours. If anybody knows the coordinates of the face, post em

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

The Face on Mars is located at 41 degrees north martian latitude

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

40.75 north 9.49 west

Cydonia Wiki

The whole planet is full of great geography. The crater in the image looks to me like whatever hit, landed in mud and all the debris just kinda sloshed back down.
Keep in mind this crater is miles across, based on the estimates of the face in the lower left as being about 1 mile across

edit on 17pm311000000023 by datguy because: to add

new topics

top topics

join