It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreshadowing the psychological effects of living in 15 minute cities..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: quintessentone

But They™ don't do what They™ need to do, or should do :
They™ just do what They™ want to do.

Their™ Agendas™ are not connected to how things are, and how things work.
They™ have Ideas™, then They™ attempt to bend reality to match Their™ insane mental images.

The only intelligence involved, is the artificial kind ...

The whole premise is for the well-being of people and the environment and people have embraced it because these types of cities are growing in numbers. Change the mindset of the car-centric programming.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

But They™ don't do what They™ need to do, or should do :
They™ just do what They™ want to do.

Their™ Agendas™ are not connected to how things are, and how things work.
They™ have Ideas™, then They™ attempt to bend reality to match Their™ insane mental images.

The only intelligence involved, is the artificial kind ...

The whole premise is for the well-being of people and the environment and people have embraced it because these types of cities are growing in numbers. Change the mindset of the car-centric programming.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I haven't had a car in over two decades and have been living within a six mile radius.

Everything I need is in walking distance, and it's easy to adjust to the limitations.

Unfortunately, our complex was bought by money hungry investors from out of state and we won't be able to afford to live here after this lease is up, and we'll find ourselves in the boonies with no car and no internet, which is going to be fun.

It would be nice to have a fifteen minute city for folks on fixed incomes (elderly, disabled) because it's a great way to get exercise.

Unfortunately, I fear these new developments will be for those "who can afford to live there" instead of being made for folks who NEED such accomodations.

Such a shame.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Living in a " 15 Minute City " After the First Month ............Please Gawd ! Take Me NOW !

A Fate Worse than Living in Detroit ...........
edit on 15-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with healthy and hardy folks, riding their bikes around all winter.

But do parents want to go-home after swimming practice, or hockey-practice, with the kid's hair wet, and moisture in their ears, and go sit for 20 minutes at a freezing cold bus-stop, or ride a winter bike home ?

Their™ blind idealism, obviously fails in the bright light of reality.

Or perhaps we should just cancel any and all activities done away from home ?

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I think the city planning should go underground for winter walking and biking and the aboveground could be redesigned for winter sports/activities, or, alternatively, covered walk and bikeways. It just takes a little rethink. I was just thinking of those sci-fi movies where existing buildings have connecting walkways/bridges - now that would be an economical solution.
edit on q00000052531America/Chicago4242America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It took me some years to adapt to the new limitations, travel is one of my great loves and joys.

It takes some getting used to, and if it's voluntary, I see no harm in it.

A lot of young people are reporting they don't drive because of various mental sensitivities and financial setbacks, so we have to adjust to the new paradigm.

I seriously doubt they're going to be forcing people into these new communities against their wishes.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

" I seriously doubt they're going to be forcing people into these new communities against their wishes."

Oh They Will ............." Get On The Train Son , Or I Will Have To Hurt You " Staring Down the Barrell Of a Gun ....... Believe It .

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I have more faith in America than you.

Sorry you've bought into the Nightmare instead of the Dream.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   

We supposedly have the second largest underground city in the world, but it doesn't actually reach that many grocery-stores, arenas, pools, high-schools, etc...

3 million people can't all use the 1 or two grocery-stores accessible via the subway system.

The FMC™ concept would obviously not work the same in cities like this, with sprawling underground subway systems.

Plenty will be accessible.
Plenty will not be.

Folks will still survive, like kept pets in cages.
Am sure many will find a way to happiness.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Geez , that kind of Reminds me of Industrial Chicken Farms Only with People instead . That is a Bad Idea Doomed to Failure Indeed Unless it was Forced on you ..........

That is what the "Leadership" thinks of us as well.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Happiness, they say, is a state of mind not a destination and has nothing to do with the external world. So they say.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I have more faith in America than you.

Sorry you've bought into the Nightmare instead of the Dream.

I Have the Utmost Faith in HALF of America Right Now , it's the Other Half I am Worried About . Sheep to the Slaughter Smiling All the Way ..........

" Forgive Them Lord For They Know Not What They Do "

edit on 15-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Happiness, they say, is a state of mind not a destination and has nothing to do with the external world. So they say.

Is that you zombiearghghsss ?

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I lived in a couple places that loosely qualify as 15 min cities, hated it 90% of the time, I am looking to buy a house and this will be my final move.

So if I am going to be happy I need to be able to pee off my back porch without the popo being called.

Ill go back into a 15 min city when the wife brings my corpse to the crematorium for my final form.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: quintessentone

Is that you zombiearghghsss ?

Take the OP, he/she seems to need or think they need human contact and that can be found in a 15 minute city or a 12 hour New York City walk through. The OPs happiness is a state of being not a destination, in that, to get the socialization required he/she must put themselves out there and participate. In my mind, it would be much easier to find in a place that accommodates the disabled and others. In such a place, the community would have a wealth or programs to service the people these types of cities are designed for in the first place. It is me, Quintessentone.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

that was a sticking point with my last ex...just wanted to stay in the small rural town, where i wanted to branch out and travel

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Try Focusing More on the Nuances in Life , Sometimes they Tell a Different Tale ,,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And when those kids would have been entertaining other sports teams from other schools? What about going to college?? Are they also forced to marry within that 15 minute zone??

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The Warsaw Ghetto was the first 15 minute city. It was all about control: Controlled starvation. Controlled extermination. Controlled everything.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join