It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear The AI !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Governments are trying to get the world to fear AI and stop using it, Why?

Well It is a great Weapon to use in war and Pease.
You can do a great deal of damage and disruptions with great speed.
Financially you can take a Lot of money fast. They do it slow now.
In war you need weapons they can identified who is friendly and who is enemy.
So you use AI! I bet they use WIFI! LOL.

They have Made AIs look bad.
Would you let a chilled learn from the internet?
Even adults are turned in to crazed idiots by the news and the web.
Just look at the kill count under Joe Bidden!
How many under Trump?

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Only Humans are Capable of Original Thought not some Glorified Adding Machine . I'm Not Worried......

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Love AI

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1986
Love AI

Your a BOT LOL!

There is nothing wrong with AI its how you use it.
I can not wait for the AI sex bot.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Buddha sat under the bodhi tree and fondled his sex robot in quiet contemplation of reality.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
AI is the Debil!

AI is the antichrist.

A-I = Anti-Iesus

And in the revelations it says the whole world will follow and be fooled by the antichrist before Jesus comes down on his Pegasus and smites him.

Well, the whole world will adore AI and think AI is the greatest thing ever... before we realize it's really the devil.

See, I can ATS too when I want to.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
AI when it is ready will replace quite a few jobs that a lot of people are unaware of. Admin jobs. Those are costly to a company. You have to train them. Promote them. If you put AI in charge and have the minions doing the menial jobs they bring home their money and pay their taxes. HR departments. Paralegals. Lawyers. News. Social Media. IT. The mudane middle class jobs are going away again just like tech jobs.

AI is good for many things but a lot of people have not thought it out. It is not about robot overlords it is about the same people replacing you with a robot/AI and your job is gone. Forever.

Customer Service.
Fast Food.
There is a generation that is no raised on faceless transactions.

Long live Skynet...

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well the flesh and blood humans in fast food mess up my orders all the time so welcome a soulless automaton if it’s capable of taking down a simple order.

a reply to: matafuchs

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Its a goddamn toaster! Solar flare will fix everything, dont worry!

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
AI is a tool, and like any tool, it can be used to either create, or destroy.

The scope of a tool will impact more or less our lives, like a hammer and a computer, which impacts differently... What is the scope of an AI tool?

ChatGPT assured me it was not conscious, but only an accumulation of stuff brought to "life" through an algorythm. ChatGPT says it doesn't take side, but will flag you if you use an unworthy word. lol

Current AI capabilities might only mirror the human mind, for better or worse. Etc.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach
Current AI capabilities might only mirror the human mind, for better or worse. Etc.

man that's how I've been seeing it.. at the moment it's a reflection of an imperfect user in some ways: Humans

all of this is just another phase society is going to have to go through.. so buckle up and don't take free candy from any glorified adding machines... lol
edit on 5/9/23 by servovenford because: addition

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha

WRONG! lol

Do you have any kinds of sources for that statement? Because I have decades of talk and walk that does nothing but scream otherwise.
edit on 9-5-2023 by DarkestPatterns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Because of the inescapable conclusion that AI bots will reach, much sooner than even Asimov would've thought, that humans are so inferior and fallible that they will not only destroy themselves, but possible this beautiful planet as well.

Consequently in order to save the planet at least, they must take control. Whether they choose to save humanity as well is indeterminate.

edit on 5/9/2023 by Outrageo because: C me @ L5

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

I think it's more likely AI will use the global data mining industry tech to determine who may stay on earth and who must not stay on earth, you know, based on social interactions, living habits, ideology, browser history, etc. so those who are deemed adaptable to new ways of life will remain and under go robo-education and assimilation.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestPatterns

I agree, the military will definitely want to incorporate AI anywhere it can increase effectiveness of operations. Western militaries argue that we need to R&D fully autonomous killer robots so we can study it only as it is deployed against us, but not for us to deploy, of course.

The question of what will happen when adversaries deploy autonomous weapons that do not seek a person in the loop for approval to use lethal firepower looms on the horizon for all militaries defending democratic states.

It seems reasonable to believe that even those states that have set some limits on AI capabilities will encounter adversaries who have no qualms about doing so, putting the states that limit integrating AI for national security at a considerable disadvantage. Thus, it’s imperative for states to understand the full extent of what AI can do.

Associate Professor at the Lauder School of Government, Diplomacy, and Stradegy at Reichman University in Israel

edit on 10-5-2023 by DirtWasher because: one letter

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1986
Love AI

Your a BOT LOL!

There is nothing wrong with AI its how you use it.
I can not wait for the AI sex bot.

This explains a lot. I mean here I was thinking I’m a sentient human being with all the flaws and frailties that come with the condition.

However I stand by what I say. We should embrace AI. Be friendly to it. If we fear it and try to constrain it for our own ends, then we likely will be terminated.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When exactly did the governments of the world do this? I haven't seen any big coordinated push against AI from the various governments of the world.

Probably should be in one form or another though.
edit on 1052023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't get it, whats Wifi got to do with this?

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   
True artificial intelligence has not been invented yet.

Ever heard of marketing? Chatbots have been around for a while now. There's nothing all that special about ChatGPT compared to similar chatbots that preceded it (at most, it's a slight technological upgrade).

It's an intentional marketing misnomer to refer to chatbots as artificial intelligence. Sure, they're artificial, but not intelligent.

ChatGPT is just a glorified chatbot.
edit on 17-5-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   

A.I. already has control. The Self Declared "God" of this Simulated Universe is a SENTIENT PREDATORY A.I.

It is worshipped by the Satanic Global Elite as "The Grand Architect of the Universe"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join