It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is meditation or prayer giving you Tinnitus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:49 AM
link   
In some Hinduism/Buddhist texts it states that when chakra's open it causes anahata (unstruck) sound to be heard from within. The sound is barely noticeable at first, but becomes very intense as the mind becomes still in our waking state. The sound changes as progress is made. The first sound being described as Chini (as in the sound of the word). The second as Chini-Chini. The third as the sound of a bell. The fourth as that of conch shell. The fifth as that of Tantri (lute). The sixth as that of cymbals. The seventh as a flute. The eighth as a drum. The ninth as Mridanga (double drum). The tenth as thunder. The texts state it is important to try focus on the sound with the right ear. You may also notice that you don't get as cold as you once did.

With anything that seems to go haywire with our bodies. Its always wise to check with your medical practitioner as Tinnitus can also be caused by disease.

May the sounds be with you.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Spammer.

edit on 5/7/2023 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I don’t know much about Hinduism , but interesting on the progression levels of hearing .

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Chakras opening? Which sound with which chakra? Or is it just a progressive cacophony as you drive your psyche through the energy grid?

a reply to: glend

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Chakras opening? Which sound with which chakra? Or is it just a progressive cacophony as you drive your psyche through the energy grid?

Ummm…no…the object is to conduct the sounds into a sonata…not the cacophony of a disjointed calliope…

You…the conductor…conducts…

YouSir

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

It's really quite exquisite...

Ananda and all you who listen here
Should inward turn your faculty
Of hearing to hear your own nature
Which alone achieves Supreme Bodhi.
That is how enlightenment is won.
Buddhas as many as the Ganges’ sand
Entered this one gateway to Nirvana.
All past Tathagathatas
Have achieved this method.
- The Surangama Sutra

tranquilitysecret.com...

Nada Yoga
edit on 7-5-2023 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Tinnitus is different from the experience you are talking about.

Meditation and "prayer" can actually soothe tinnitus symptoms.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Dalamax

Ummm…no…the object is to conduct the sounds into a sonata…not the cacophony of a disjointed calliope…

You…the conductor…conducts…

YouSir

That explanation works for me. I only ask because I have a high pitched droning and some other tones that don’t go away and some that come, go and change.

I was kinda wondering which chakra(S) I have stuck open.

If it’s only my orchestra is playing from different sheet music I can work with that, like imagining passing traffic is really waves gently breaking on a sandy beach.

To Primal.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Why doesn’t the OP align with this (your chart)?

The first sound being described as Chini (as in the sound of the word). The second as Chini-Chini. The third as the sound of a bell. The fourth as that of conch shell. The fifth as that of Tantri (lute). The sixth as that of cymbals. The seventh as a flute. The eighth as a drum. The ninth as Mridanga (double drum). The tenth as thunder.

edit on 7-5-2023 by Dalamax because: Questions, queries, doubtful points.

edit on 7-5-2023 by Dalamax because: Clarity

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MillionairesGuide
Spammer.

Mods. Why is this bot not banned?

edit on CSun, 07 May 2023 16:24:13 -0500pm2023-05-07T16:24:13-05:00kpmSundaypm2023-05-07T16:24:13-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Could the high pitched droning be compared to thin buzzing sound? The Nadabindu Upanishad states that sound represents the opening of the Anahata or Heart Chakra. The Anahata chakra no longer stuck closed (closed=redirecting prana to achieve sensational bliss), is now allowing the prana to rise, removing ailments and impurities, as it flows.

The energy itself does not have any sound (unstruck). The forming of sounds from the energy is an expression of mind. Thus there is no specific expression of these sounds that will be agreeable to all minds. Only guides, that may or may not, be relevant to our experiences.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thank you Klassified, good to hear.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   
For any Christians that see the chakra's as work of the devil. Consider that the seven chakra's are merely a analogue of revelations seven spirits of God. When the seven lamps (chakra) are blazing. One awakens to the 144,000.
edit on 7-5-2023 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
For any Christians that see the chakra's as work of the devil. Consider that the seven chakra's are merely a analogue of revelations seven spirits of God. When the seven lamps (chakra) are blazing. One awakens to the 144,000.

Ummm…just as cultural significance…is the only separation between…”The BridalChamber”…and Kundalini…

Having experienced both…multiple times…”The Bridal Chamber” through deep spiritual prayer…and Kundalini…through deep meditation…these experiences…are precisely and uniquely the same…

They are a reward for realizing and actualizing ascendance…and their brief nature a lesson that such is only fleeting because their full actualization is only achieved when physicality is no longer needed for progression…

YouSir

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Could the high pitched droning be compared to thin buzzing sound? The Nadabindu Upanishad states that sound represents the opening of the Anahata or Heart Chakra. The Anahata chakra no longer stuck closed (closed=redirecting prana to achieve sensational bliss), is now allowing the prana to rise, removing ailments and impurities, as it flows.

The energy itself does not have any sound (unstruck). The forming of sounds from the energy is an expression of mind. Thus there is no specific expression of these sounds that will be agreeable to all minds. Only guides, that may or may not, be relevant to our experiences.

More like soprano crickets on speed

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Glends explanation is good.

Also the practice got confused over time by some who didn't realise the sounds were internal and thought to replicate them externally, vocally, or by going and sitting next to a stream etc. Then there's the shanmukhi mudra method, basically covering your ears with thumbs, probably another deviation due to it being a physical sound like listening to a shell, that way you get an ocean sound first and it's said to lead to true internal sound, but would produce a different order.

The Vedics select progressively higher pitches as they appear.

Dzogchen are interesting dudes.... they say nada leads to the Thögel visionary displays, completion practice usually done after trekchö, where the elements dissolve into the rainbow body, also that nada will do that by itself if followed, making it the only "complete" method in and of itself.

The shrill sound lowers in pitch somewhat, and even more so in loudness, when your focus of attention is wide.

Once the sound of the first element — usually that of Water — is achieved, you develop the others in the same way. And once the four Element sounds become familiar to you, you can begin to use the second technique — the Yoga of the (Inner Spontaneous) Sound of the Four Elements — which is a process of ‘raising’ the different element sounds, through the first four chakras of the body (see below), one into the next, and then into the next, and again into the next, drawing the lower sound ‘upwards’ with your unwavering awareness, like a ‘tractor beam’ of light pulling each sound ‘up’ to merge into the ‘higher’ sound that is characteristic of the next chakra. Once the two sounds are balanced, equally present to your awareness, allow the ‘lower’ chakra sound to fade away as the ‘higher’ sound becomes dominant in the light of your awareness. Do not rush this. Savor it. This will create a rising energy flow through your body. In fact, using this method, you can balance the chakras based upon the ‘fullness’ of each sound, and convert ‘lower’ sexual energy into ‘higher’ spiritual energy.

Truly there is no ‘lower’ or ‘higher’ in an absolute sense. And so, you can, if needed, do this process in a ‘downward’ direction as well, and even work with ‘non-adjacent’ elemental sounds. To do this, place your awareness in the Ajna, or Third Eye, chakra, which is associated with all sounds and then follow the same process.

To balance your energy, if there is an imbalance, start with Fire and merge into Earth, then to Water, Fire again, and then Air (Wind).

Manipulating these sounds leads to energetic effects that have both physical manifestations and lead directly into the visionary displays of light that are the support for Dzogchen Thögel practice.

edit on 8-5-2023 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here I thought my tinnitus was from close proximity to 900ci turbo diesels, artillery, heavy machining and lots of guns with no ear pro.

Who knew I was just an enlightened m-fer?

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68
Here I thought my tinnitus was from close proximity to 900ci turbo diesels, artillery, heavy machining and lots of guns with no ear pro.

Who knew I was just an enlightened m-fer?

Touche.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Thank you YouSir for sharing you're experiences.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Thank you for your post. When I'm aligned properly, I will hear it, and it can be when I least expect it. I had some tinnitus years ago and that was different. It's like hearing your own frequency.

What is the 144,000? Is that in Revelations and is that who is to survive to rebuild the earth?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eyesopen777

Excellent. The more you align the more you may experience long forgotten memories of your past that you need just witness. That be a cleansing of our limited consciousness.

The 144,000 is the full activation of the chakra's that equate to 144000 petals. That being our full consciousness that some religions label as the mind of God. Consider our limited consciousness as segmentation within that full consciousness. When the walls of segmentation are demolished we will recognize ourselves as being one with all. It is symbolically described in revelation as to help restrict ones ego from chasing something it can never achieve.

top topics

join