It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy PIlots Saw UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.wionews.com...

Unidentified Flying Object (UFOs) were encountered by a US Navy squadron, almost on a daily basis for months, according to a former US Navy fighter pilot. These sightings also translated into a near collision, at least once, the former pilot added.
"These things were pretty much always out there. That would range from two to three of them, to six or seven."

I think it's significant that US military members are speaking so openly about this.
and it makes sense that *they* would be observing our air forces.

I wonder if there's a ton of pilots just waiting for the right moment to share stories. traditionally the gummint has been very disapproving of such conversations.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
www.wionews.com...

Unidentified Flying Object (UFOs) were encountered by a US Navy squadron, almost on a daily basis for months, according to a former US Navy fighter pilot. These sightings also translated into a near collision, at least once, the former pilot added.
"These things were pretty much always out there. That would range from two to three of them, to six or seven."

I think it's significant that US military members are speaking so openly about this.
and it makes sense that *they* would be observing our air forces.

I wonder if there's a ton of pilots just waiting for the right moment to share stories. traditionally the gummint has been very disapproving of such conversations.
Ryan Graves has been yapping about this for years now. He was on the TTSA television series "Unidentified" talking about it years ago, so this is old recycled news, nothing new that I can see in that article. At least he gave some more details about the UFOs in the Joe Rogan interview posted to this ATS thread last year:

Former Navy Pilot Ryan Graves on His UFO Encounter

Some of the Navy pilots have taken photos of the UFOs, here's one that was nicknamed the "cube" even though it looks nothing like a cube to me, so I wonder if these pilots even know what cubes really look like. The "cube" UFO is on the right, and the photo of a batman balloon is added to the photo to the left of it, for comparison.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So alien beings just happen to create a spacecraft with the exact same design as the Batman balloon as shown?

edit on 2023417 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Back in the day they'd make you look like a crazy person if you said you saw a UFO. Pilots are high-responsibility people, for a long time they wouldn't speak out. They feared losing their job over mental incompetence and delusion of being an alien believer or ufo witness.

That's all changing thankfully. All these objects in the sky are a hazard, alien or otherwise. We need a policy... if you see something, say something!

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShipsPassInTheNight

That's all changing thankfully. All these objects in the sky are a hazard, alien or otherwise. We need a policy... if you see something, say something!

When was the last time a ufo caused a plane to crash, Like caused a mid air collision?

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Right.
Unidentified objects in the sky are more of a defense/security concern than a mid-air collision hazard.
Defense-wise, they to know what they're sharing the sky with; an unidentified and highly capable aircraft/object is seen as a potential national security issue until otherwise understood.

edit on 4/18/2023 by wavelength because: stupid typo

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

When was the last time a ufo caused a plane to crash, Like caused a mid air collision?

What baffles me is that WW2 pilots spoke out about this and they weren't belittled for speaking out.

The propaganda seemed to start after the Roswell incident.

Little green men etc... Etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
WW2 UFO or FOO Fighters timing coincide with the invention of high power Radar Units.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Geometric shapes are mostly signs that something intelligent roams the skies.
How easy it is to depict an Earthly Geometric shape from any daily used object on earth and dismiss the whole story

I can pick hundreds of objects from earth that look like any ufo ever witnessed of photographed by any one here on earth.

Yet the narrative today steers us towards intelligent extraterrestrial objects entering our skies as we speak.

And yes we can also bend the whole narrative we hear nowadays to our own discretion with countless countermeasures.

But in the end they can't be denied, and poof those who object the narrative are no more or to be seen.

I know because I've witnessed it for sixteen years now here

edit on 0b12America/ChicagoTue, 18 Apr 2023 18:17:12 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 18 Apr 2023 18:17:12 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
WW2 UFO or FOO Fighters timing coincide with the invention of high power Radar Units.

With that in mind:

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Geometric shapes are mostly signs that something intelligent roams the skies.

EM transmissions (such as radar) could be described as having geometric outputs

Serious question - what happens if a naturally occurring dusty plasma is energized by lightening then illuminated by radar?
Throw in the a few other pre requisites such as certain atmospheric ionisation levels and/or altitude ...perhaps you also require a mesospheric sprite above or passage of some exotic particles from space in the vicinity for the "magic" to happen.

Until we can fully exclude (via complete understanding of) natural atmospheric conditions potentially influenced by technology- its a giant leap to assert anything but.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Hard to say. I doubt, for example, that FAA would admit such.

This site makes for interesting reading. Not over the top, its focus is aviation safety as regards UFOs/UAPs.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

NARCAP πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸΊ

πŸ‘½

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Hard to say. I doubt, for example, that FAA would admit such.

This site makes for interesting reading. Not over the top, its focus is aviation safety as regards UFOs/UAPs.

Cheers
The FAA doesn't seem any more worried about UAP collisions than ATS member 38181, from your link:

The FAA has no interest in accepting pilot and aircrew reports involving UAP or UFO. The FAA AIM manual instructs pilots and aircrews to contact a civilian ufo reporting service. This contributes to a bias against reporting and a failure to collect data and mitigate risk.
But 38181's question still stands, or to rephrase it, what risk?

A lot of these UAP photographed by the Navy pilots look like various balloons, and others described match the description of a patent for airborne radar reflectors. If the planes can withstand bird strikes, hopefully they can withstand a collision with a batman balloon. Now we have to worry that if they report a UFO which may only be a $12 pico balloon, Biden will order it to be shot down with a missile costing nearly half a million dollars, but that missile may miss the $12 balloon, so then they can fire another nearly half-million-dollar missile that finally destroys the $12 balloon. That sounds like complete nonsense, but, evidence suggests it really happened, because after the second missile was fired, the transmitter on the $12 balloon in the same location was never heard from again.

Did the Pentagon Shoot Down a Harmless Ham Radio Balloon?

Purchased for less than $15 and operated by the ham radio hobbyist group Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, a silvery, 32-inch-wide pico balloon called β€œK9YO-15” was launched from a nature preserve north of Chicago in October 2022. It dangled a 10-gram (0.35-ounce) payload that included a radio tracker, a solar panel and a long antenna wire. Some 123 days later, on February 11, 2023, K9YO-15 was on its seventh circumnavigation of the globe, its hobbyist operators say, when they lost contact with the pico balloon near Alaska’s border with the Yukon. This was the same day that a U.S. F-22 fighter jet shot down a UFO using a nearly half-million-dollar Sidewinder missile in the same general vicinity. K9YO-15 has not been heard from since.

What that fails to say is the first nearly half-million dollar sidewinder missile missed, and a second missile was fired, so the total cost of shooting down the $12 balloon was approaching a million dollars.

But had the UAP been a harmless alien spacecraft just checking us humans out, instead of a harmless balloon, we might have started an interstellar war we probably couldn't win by our act of aggression against the aliens. (I presume their technology is way more advanced than ours if they can travel here from another star system).

edit on 2023419 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

join