It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cubed shaped UFO caught on camera by commercial airline pilots

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford

originally posted by: BodhisattvaStyle

Which raises even more questions:
Does ATS, or just you personally, not believe in the existence of UFOs, or any of these videos? All just balloons? Do we need to test our pilots observation skills? If they can't tell the difference in a balloon and another aircraft then we are in a lot of trouble and I would not recommend flying---ever.

I've just noticed this is the "popular response" to these OPs and this topic.
Makes one wonder...

Maybe it's because even those of us who have seen UFOs and solidly believe in them... also know what balloons look like. I'm a staunch UFO believer with a number of sightings under my belt. I'm also a former pilot.
The last one posted from an airplane video looked like a mylar balloon. This one looks slightly less like a mylar balloon. They both look like balloons... but this one somewhat less due to the texture.

I've seen orbs, cylinders, fast moving bright objects zig-zagging through the sky. I've had high-strangeness encounters. I believe and nobody is going to change my mind...

But I also know what a balloon looks like... moves like... and IF this is a balloon (might be), the plane closing on the thing at hundreds of kts of course it looks like it's moving fast... but it ain't... the plane is!

Okay, I'll bite here as well.
If* this is a balloon, and I've seen this argument before recently on another one, but in that one, the object in question passes beside the plane. In this one, you're saying it's just traveling from left to right at a high rate of speed, or no, it only appears that way because the plane is traveling at a high rate of speed and so makes the "balloon" appear to be traveling and not standing still?
You'll have to explain the physics behind that one. Because there is no perception of anything I'm traveling towards that can move from left to right because I'm traveling straight forward.
So, how does a balloon "appear" to be traveling at a high rate of speed from left to right of the camera and plane itself. The person capturing the vid even had to pan left to right. How is this possible in any physics?

Also, the fake vid argument. I have a question for it:
How, with all the tech the government has can't spot a fake video, but random ATS members can? Why would the History Channel spend all that time effort and money to run an episode of a balloon in the sky? Seems like they (big brother) would be smart enough to know we can spot a fake video.
Show me the proof it's fake. I'll digress completely. Has to be able to be verified though.
edit on 17-4-2023 by BodhisattvaStyle because: Words matter

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BodhisattvaStyle

Sure, yeah I get what you're asking. The object is being viewed from the side of the plane. Go drive a car or ride in one or whatever, look ahead and slightly to your left or right. Pick a tree/sign/etc. In your view with your head turned, the thing's gonna look like it's moving from one side to another in your viewpoint, but it's just your car passing it.

The video was not taken looking straight ahead. It starts off looking straight-er ahead and the balloon/alien/borg appeared in front and to the right. As the plane closed on it to pass it, the camera panned to the right as they passed the object, like a looking out the window of a car as you turn your head while passing an interesting thing to look at.

If you're in a car passing a sign at 100kph, the sign will look to be going backwards at 100kph.

Ok I get it, that was kind of unclear. Here's a better one:
You're in a train underground... there's another train next to you. Your train starts moving... but you don't know that it's moving!! So you look to the right at the other train (that is not moving), and that train looks like it's moving backwards.... but it's not moving..........you are!

Hope that explains the illusion.
And hey remember... UFOs can hover

edit on 4/17/23 by servovenford because: better example

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For the debate here:

If I'm traveling straight on a road at 60mph in a car from south to north and there is a tree on the side of the road to my left up ahead. As I pass by this tree it will pass on my left and it will appear to pick up speed as I go by, and an apparent burst of speed as I travel by it.
But nowhere would that tree start on my left and end up on my right.

No the plane was NOT turning. We saw the altimeter in the vid. The plane was traveling straight forward.

edit on 17-4-2023 by BodhisattvaStyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

As the plane closed on it to pass it, the camera panned to the right as they passed the object

Refer to my car ride analogy. No way have I ever seen an object on my left as I'm looking thru the front windshield has ever ended up on my far right as I passed by perpendicularly. It's impossible. The only other analogy is watching a bird fly by I'm front of you from left to right. If the bird was hovering then it would remain to the left.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

A rogue cube satellite. There are plenty up there with a life span of no more than twenty five years.

Okay, now this actually is tracking. This would make much much more sense. I am completely ignorant of "rogue cube shaped satellites" but that will be my reading for the night.

Something is being covered up here, and no, I don't believe what I'm seeing either. Any real truth can be put through the "meat grinder" and survive. If it's 💩 it will crumble at questions.
Thanks for a different direction to look.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

As the plane closed on it to pass it, the camera panned to the right as they passed the object

Refer to my car ride analogy. No way have I ever seen an object on my left as I'm looking thru the front windshield has ever ended up on my far right as I passed by perpendicularly. It's impossible. The only other analogy is watching a bird fly by I'm front of you from left to right. If the bird was hovering then it would remain to the left.

The object was never on the left to begin with. That post on the windshield? That's the middle. That's forward.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
These festivals release hundreds of balloons, yet only one cube shape is videoed at 27750 feet. It take about 11 seconds, from the time it's recorded, until it disappears. At 0.12 in the OP's video, the RADAR, displays the originating aircraft in Yellow. Just to the forward starboard side is a White question mark, that is approx 5 NM away. This may have alerted the pilot to the cube. The Upper left corner of the RADAR, displays Ground Speed of 462 NM. Can someone calculate the speed of this UAP?

Maybe 462 / 60 / 60 = 0.12 NM per second, is the speed of the Airbus. So the UAP was approx 5NM away.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
These festivals release hundreds of balloons, yet only one cube shape is videoed at 27750 feet. It take about 11 seconds, from the time it's recorded, until it disappears. At 0.12 in the OP's video, the RADAR, displays the originating aircraft in Yellow. Just to the forward starboard side is a White question mark, that is approx 5 NM away. This may have alerted the pilot to the cube. The Upper left corner of the RADAR, displays Ground Speed of 462 NM. Can someone calculate the speed of this UAP?

Maybe 462 / 60 / 60 = 0.12 NM per second, is the speed of the Airbus. So the UAP was approx 5NM away.

Exactly. The object is clearly to the left (starboard)of the airplane at the beginning of vid and ends with it being (port side) to the right. He even has to pan from the middle of that cockpit windshield to the far right if it.

Thanks 👍

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Starboard means right. lol

The white "?" is on the right on the screen.

edit on 4/17/2023 by wavelength because: " "s on the ?

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford

The object was never on the left to begin with. That post on the windshield? That's the middle. That's forward.

Show me another video or physics article explaining what you're saying. No where have I ever observed something going from my far left to my far right that began on my right in the first place. That makes absolutely positively no sense. You will have to show me the science to what you are saying.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Lol sorry.
I actually have no clue about starboard as right or left. I'm neither a pilot or a sailor..
My bad 🤜🤛

Okay, so the radar is showing the object to the right of the airplane in the beginning of the vid? I hadn't noticed. And still wondering how it appears to be coming from the left and end up panning to the right.

My apologies for my faux pas. Lol I'm working and posting at the same time. Not easy. 😵‍💫

edit on 17-4-2023 by BodhisattvaStyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Lol sorry.
I actually have no clue about starboard as right or left. I'm neither a pilot or a sailor..
My bad 🤜🤛

Okay, so the radar is showing the object to the right of the airplane in the beginning of the vid? I hadn't noticed. And still wondering how it appears to be coming from the left and end up panning to the right.

My apologies for my faux pas. Lol I'm working and posting at the same time. Not easy. 😵‍💫

I'm sorry, we can't help you. We tried, but without success.
It's like we're telling you, "look at the dog," but you keep saying "it's a cat!"

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For the crowd:
I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence. These being pushed off as balloons after they've been aired on tv and still popping up in current news feeds is a red flag for me. So I'd like to send this through my own "meat grinder" of questions to see what stands and what falls. I just want some truth. That's all.
Challenge away. Pick it apart if you'd like. I'm encouraging that. If I come back at it in a disagreement it's only because I'm searching for a truth to these videos. Im intelligent enough to know balloons get loose and fly up. But that's exactly the excuse we have been getting for decades now. And we Truth Seekers always laughed when they told us these were "just balloons."

Heck even the movie MIB pokes fun at that excuse. As we all did. And I predate "ATS" when it comes to conspiracy UFOs aliens and government coverups. Just because someone has been on here since it started in early 2000 doesn't mean there aren't many many of us who go back even further into this world. And we remember the lies we were being fed then and didn't believe it at all. So, being things are the way they are today, I really question when an entire mass of people believe wholeheartedly that these simply balloons.
So, I'm going to ask a bunch of tough questions. And I promise to do my research and not quick-post- respond and get myself into another faux pas.
Port is left. Starboard is right.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Lol very common mistake, no worries.
Yeah, the navigation screen shows the white "?" ahead and to the right of the aircraft's location.
Understandably, it's a very narrow phone video so it's easy to get lost in it, especially if you're not familiar with the cockpit layout of an Airbus.
Since a lot people are probably going to have a hard time figuring out where and how the camera is looking in the cockpit, here is a very cool interactive 360 degree cockpit tour of an Airbus. The video is shot out of that window just to the right of the center column between the two front windows, if that helps with a little reference.

Airbus 360 Degree Clickable Cockpit Tour

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wavelength

Lol very common mistake, no worries.
Yeah, the navigation screen shows the white "?" ahead and to the right of the aircraft's location.
Understandably, it's a very narrow phone video so it's easy to get lost in it, especially if you're not familiar with the cockpit layout of an Airbus.
Since a lot people are probably going to have a hard time figuring out where and how the camera is looking in the cockpit, here is a very cool interactive 360 degree cockpit tour of an Airbus. The video is shot out of that window just to the right of the center column between the two front windows, if that helps with a little reference.

Airbus 360 Degree Clickable Cockpit Tour

Very cool, wavelength, thanks, that was a big help. I was having trouble seeing it in my minds eye. That helped. Still seems weird. Not the right or left. It's all the differences I'm getting from the story itself. It seems to come out of nowhere and somehow is just on the History channel. Weird to me.
If it's just a balloon them damn....we need to go outside more and play. Lol Cause there's a whole lotta hype over some balloons.

The song 99 red balloons just came to mind. 😂

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Easy Peasy….

Starboard = Left side if viewing front of aircraft cockpit head on.
Starboard = Right side if sitting in the aircraft cockpit looking forward.

Port = Right side if viewing front of aircraft cockpit head on.
Port = Left side if sitting in the aircraft cockpit looking forward.

👽

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Very cool, wavelength, thanks, that was a big help. I was having trouble seeing it in my minds eye. That helped. Still seems weird. Not the right or left. It's all the differences I'm getting from the story itself. It seems to come out of nowhere and somehow is just on the History channel. Weird to me.
If it's just a balloon them damn....we need to go outside more and play. Lol Cause there's a whole lotta hype over some balloons.

The song 99 red balloons just came to mind. 😂

Haha you're welcome, now that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

It is a lot of hype, I agree. No matter what the object was from the video, it seems 2023 is going to be remembered as the 'year of the balloons' for quite a few reasons lol.

While I'm here, wanna see an airplane pass a weather balloon? Kinda neat.

If the 'UFO' in the OP video was a balloon, it would be a Mylar or plastic (or similar) party balloon in a hexagon shape. See this video:

The weather balloon is large and far away hence it appears to be moving so slowly. Still, it's a good reference video for future "UFO or Balloon?" discussions.
edit on 4/17/2023 by wavelength because: ETA

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Easy Peasy….

Starboard = Left side if viewing front of aircraft cockpit head on.
Starboard = Right side if sitting in the aircraft cockpit looking forward.

Port = Right side if viewing front of aircraft cockpit head on.
Port = Left side if sitting in the aircraft cockpit looking forward.

👽

Nice
And yeah, something I actually had to Google real quick. Lol

I did notice there was a difference in what the port side vs the starboard side was depending on point of reference.
Made it somewhat more confusing for me.
Thanks for the exact clarification for us.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wavelength

Haha you're welcome, now that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

I was a chef for a good while and we use to play this little mind game with each other where we would home or sing quietly the most annoying song we could think of. The object of the game was to get the song "stuck in their head all night." You would know you had "won that round" because whoever you were doing it to would come to work the next day and curse at you as they laughed and said "dude, I had that horrible song stuck in my head all night long."

Our own little "mind games" to pass the time.

Okay, back to the OP. I am starting to see the object being to the right (starboard for the pov 👍)(fyi I just had to double check after I wrote that. It's getting "foggy" up in here as the smoke rises), and I watched the plane passing the balloon vid. And I have compared it to the other vids I've seen recently.
The balloon in that weather balloon video you showed as a reference; I'd like to start there. Actually because it is such a great reference for us.

What I see is, that weather balloon didn't move at all like the other objects. And the closer it is the faster it would seem to move.
Now, what is the circumference of a normal mylar balloon? I'll guess about an 18in circumference. I just looked and it's 17-18in for your standard mylar balloon. Now, something that small in the sky, that far away would be pretty much invisible until you were right up on it, I would think. I've spent some time in the ocean and something a few hundred feet away that looks tiny, is in fact a pretty big vessel once it's close. So, my thought here is, wouldn't that object have to be larger than a 17-18in circumference (about the size of a basketball if I remember correctly)?
And this one is in my complete ignorance: does a mylar balloon show up on a planes radar? (I am really surprised there actually if it is so) Do birds show up on radar?

Just seems like the object in question would have to be larger than say, basketball or balloon to be visible like that at such a long distance, and especially able to be visible on a phone camera like this. I take a lot of pics. And something at say, 100 yards is pretty much invisible.

I'm just not fully convinced. It's not vibing as easily as it should if it is in fact "the simplest explanation" which is usually the correct one.

Wish I could see the balloon, but not there yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join