It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its late you know what it is, 20 injured at a teens party Dadeville Al

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ahhh... gotcha. You were searching for a specific group to blame but not yours of course because your culture doesn't do Sweet 16 birthdays.

I had two Sweet 16 birthday parties. It was quite common for my middle class existence.

It's an American thing. Does that narrow it down for you?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Boadicea

So, you automatically assume that they're, the kids, are going to misuse a gun??

As I posted above, I had one from a very young age. Not once did I misuse it, or even contemplate doing so.

Why, you ask? Because I was taught properly. As are the vast majority of kids who receive pistols, rifles, and shotguns. By 14, I had all three.

I got my hunting license at 12, same time I got my first semi-auto .22 and the next year I got a 20 Gauge Single Shot. Had to be accopanied by the Ole Man until we turned 16, then we could go on our own.

Same as many of my friends growing up.

Guns aren't the problem, people and their mental issues and irresponsibility are the problem.

edit on 4/16/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You must have been much richer than I was or your area of the country was different or maybe you were city folk.

Literally no one I knew had one. We had birthdays. The closest we came was prom night. So no, it's not an American thing because it didn't happen in my part of America.

So again, back the eff off.
edit on 16-4-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Gang related is the first thing I thought. Given the location I don't think it is white on white gangs. Alabama is not all white rednecks waving confederate flags like people tend to fantasize.

Low reporting means Black on Black typically. Really sounds like the typical block party and a couple of gangs rolled in...

Looking at the numbers...

30% below poverty line
78% of families make below 50k
51% Black
13% of women below 18 give birth
70% graduate HS

edit on 16-4-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Something like this would have huge headlines if there was an agenda they could use somehow. That there's not means it's typical in some form or fashion. That doesn't make it any less sad or any less newsworthy to those involved.

It only leads if the right people bleed in the right ways these days. Pretty disgusting.

edit on 16-4-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

So, you automatically assume that they're, the kids, are going to misuse a gun??

As I posted above, I had one from a very young age. Not once did I misuse it, or even contemplate doing so.

Why, you ask? Because I was taught properly. As are the vast majority of kids who receive pistols, rifles, and shotguns. By 14, I had all three.

I got my hunting license at 12, same time I got my first semi-auto .22 and the next year I got a 20 Gauge Single Shot. Had to be accopanied by the Ole Man until we turned 16, then we could go on our own.

Guns aren't the problem, people and their mental issues and irresponsibility are the problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So, it is safe to assume you have accomplished many mass murders and just not caught yet...

I like the one tweet that said AL went to needing a license last year and still no help, so ban guns! Once again bad people willing to kill will not give up their guns or even get a license... You just end up banning guns from honest people while the bad people do not lose even one.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I know that minors' critical thinking skills and judgment are faulty. I know that guns are dangerous. I know there is much that can go wrong in that equation-- especially when proper firearm use and handling is not provided.

Why, you ask? Because I was taught properly.

Kudos to your parents. And lucky for you! That's as it should be. Unfortunately, that's not always how it is tho.

As are the vast majority of kids who receive pistols, rifles, and shotguns. By 14, I had all three.

I have no idea if that's true for the "vast majority" or not. I wouldn't even know how to quantify such a thing.

Regardless, minors who are receive proper firearms training from their parents and do handle firearms safely and properly aren't the problem. Their parents won't need to worry about it, like yours.

Only the problem parents with problem children who make it other people's problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yep at my suburban high school in the early 80s, during hunting season there would routinely be groups getting together to go hunting, cars and trucks with guns, rifles, and ammo in senior and junior parking lots. And it was a mixed bag of races and cultures too, and in the mid to late 70s, we had a few racial dustups, but it was nothing but fighting, and it eventually settled down.

It was because most kids knew their parents would beat their azzes if they did anything stupid, back then you respected your parents, hell sometimes feared them. I know all my friends and acquaintances did. We lost that and Im not sure how we get it back, but a part of it is because some latchkey kids make chitty parents throw in the proliferation of pharmaceuticals when little Johnnie is misbehaving kids coping skills come in a bottle of pills or alcohol, a blunt or a vape

edit on 16-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Something like this would have huge headlines if there was an agenda they could use somehow. That there's not means it's typical in some form or fashion. That doesn't make it any less sad or any less newsworthy to those involved.

It only leads if the right people bleed in the right ways these days. Pretty disgusting.

We just need to look at BLM where we had riots about the police that kill less than 10 Black people unarmed per year... That is not a typo, less than 10 Black people per year that were not armed. We then ignore all the other Black people killed when it doesn't push an agenda, and why the left deems All Lives Matter as a racist statement. I think the message should be ALL BLM to start to get to the root of the big issues.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

A large part of it is that we don't have daddies; we have the gangs. We don't have families; we have the gangs. The gangs are a sort of structure, but they aren't conducive to success in the modern world.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Regardless, minors who are receive proper firearms training from their parents and do handle firearms safely and properly aren't the problem. Their parents won't need to worry about it, like yours.

Much of all this comes down to crappy parents, and not just with guns, but in general. We are talking dysfunctional families, or no family at all situations. I have a lot of guns, I have a big gun safe, my grown-up kids now have guns, it has never been an issue.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

A large part of it is that we don't have daddies; we have the gangs. We don't have families; we have the gangs. The gangs are a sort of structure, but they aren't conducive to success in the modern world.

They live hard to like 25 and then die...

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: The2Billies
Gang related is the first thing I thought. Given the location I don't think it is white on white gangs. Alabama is not all white rednecks waving confederate flags like people tend to fantasize.

Low reporting means Black on Black typically. Really sounds like the typical block party and a couple of gangs rolled in...

Respectfully it wasn't a block party, the venue was likely rented for the event, the altercation was with a couple of people in the parking lot and it continued into the venue. Dadeville is a sleepy little town and the Dance Studio was right there. It wasn't a thug hangout or a block party.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So no, it's not an American thing because it didn't happen in my part of America.

Hmmm... so you think if it's not part of "your" America then it's not American? Interesting. It doesn't matter that it's pretty much only done here? All over the country? But not anywhere else?

So again, back the eff off.

Oh dear. A little too much truth for you? Okay. Good to know.

I'm happy to end it right here.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If it's not the vast majority, I think we'd know it.

There are millions of guns out there, given that fact, if most--or the vast majority--weren't in the hands of responsible people...we'd know it.

I live in Alabama, and everyone I know, has at least one firearm in the house, some of us more. So, I feel safe in assuming that it is a vast majority, and the same elsewhere, as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Much of all this comes down to crappy parents, and not just with guns, but in general. We are talking dysfunctional families, or no family at all situations. I have a lot of guns, I have a big gun safe, my grown-up kids now have guns, it has never been an issue.

It definitely comes down to crappy parenting. And crappy parents don't teach their kids properly. This is exactly why I think parents who give their kids firearms should be charged with any crime committed by that firearm.

Those parents might not care if the kid gets in trouble... they might care more if they get in trouble.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You can't fault them. They did the best they could. It's one thing to come out of a broken home when the rest of your family is intact and you see what functional families are like and get the benefits of that structuring in your life through grandparents and aunts and uncles. It's not as good as having your own full family, but it helps.

It's another thing when you come out of a few generations of broken family so that no one has a functional family. You have nothing but women in your life (sorry ladies, but we aren't men), and so your ascent into manhood is guided by other young men who are as lost about how to do it as you are. That's where you get gangs. It's a thousand times more sinister than Fagin's bunch in Oliver Twist, and they're going on more than a couple generations of having raised themselves now.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

...and you use those instances to generalize the lot.

For most, dare I say the vast majority, no matter how angry--the gun option never even enters their minds.

I was bullied as a kid, I remember being in a black rage for days on end because of that, not once did I even contemplate using my gun as a tool of vengeance/retribution.

No one I knew, or know, would.

Yes, there are people who do, and they should, along with their parents be held accountable--but don't use that as a weapon against those who've done nothing wrong.

Might do something isn't a good enough reason.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So, it is safe to assume you have accomplished many mass murders and just not caught yet...

I like the one tweet that said AL went to needing a license last year and still no help, so ban guns! Once again bad people willing to kill will not give up their guns or even get a license... You just end up banning guns from honest people while the bad people do not lose even one.

None that I remember, anyway, lol.

But yea, also, considering that a large portion of these shootings take place in what are "Gun Free Zones", anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join