It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FauxNews reports Capitol Police seize 'assault' rifle"...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Faux News (Fake News) has reported that the "Capitol Police seize 'assault' rifle from Maryland man's truck at off-site screening facility."
www.foxnews.com...#&_intcmp=fnhpriver_25

Faux is alluding that this rifle is the same as an AR-15. It is NOT. It's a small 22, the type that is used in starting pistols at many track meets are swim meets.
Let's compare a 22 Long Rifle to a .223 caliber ammo.

AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE IS A UUGE DIFFERENCE!
This is the same 22 caliber plinker rifle that is sold by Tippmann Arms.

tippmannarms.com...

"OH, BUT IT'S A SCARY ASSAULT RIFLE!" some scream.

Consider this. While I was at Dallas's Parkland Trauma ER, I had a patient shot with a 22 caliber round, 5 times in the left lower abdominal quadrant, and following down their left thigh and leg, with an additional 8 or 9 shots. We rushed the patient up to Trauma OR. The patient lived. That would NOT be the case with a .223. Chances, they would be dead after the first or second shot.
FauxNews is just colluding with the rest of the MSM, to ban the 2nd Amendment by sensationalizing this non-incident.
edit on v432023Fridaypm30America/ChicagoFri, 14 Apr 2023 13:43:26 -05001 by Violater1 because: fake news

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

that appears to be the CMMG adaptor kit for an AR. It's just a different BCG and allows the rifle to shoot .22lr.
Much cheaper plinking. But in the end, it's just a semi auto .22lr.
No operational difference than this one, other than reloading with magazine rather than the tube.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, if that guy did not have a license to carry that weapon in his truck, then he is in just as much trouble as if he had an AR-15. Those weapons are night and day for sure. Getting hit with a .223 anywhere can kill you, from the shock wave alone.

There are rats that run away after getting hit with a 22lr.

You would think that a capitol police officer would be able to classify that weapon in under 10 seconds.
edit on 14-4-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Fox is bad, but at least they have tucker.

Not as bad as msnbc.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Would make a great SCOTUS case ala Bruen.

....j/s

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I have a GSG that looks similar.

Im probably missing something but the mag and mag well look large for .22 cal.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

with the CMMG kit, you use a standard AR-15, but remove the BCG and replace it with the adaptor. Then use the magazines that come with the kit. So if you change the BCG back, it's back to being a .223.

cmmg.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Got it. Similar to my JR Carbine.

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Well, if that guy did not have a license to carry that weapon in his truck, then he is in just as much trouble as if he had an AR-15. Those weapons are night and day for sure. Getting hit with a .223 anywhere can kill you, from the shock wave alone.

There are rats that run away after getting hit with a 22lr.

You would think that a capitol police officer would be able to classify that weapon in under 10 seconds.

They probably did.

Nowhere in the article that I read did the capitol police describe it as an "assault weapon". That part was made up by Fox, for some reason.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a 22 will kill you just as dead as a .223 or 5.56, and with a tippman if the first one don't you got 24 more chances that it will.

that said, if i'm gonna spend what they want for a tippman i'll just add 300 400 more and get a real ar.

edit on 14-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

I have a GSG that looks similar.

Im probably missing something but the mag and mag well look large for .22 cal.

The rifle that was seized by the capitol cops is a Tippmann 22LR rifle. It's stamped on the pistol grip. I don't know if it can even be converted into a 223. It is made to look like an AR.

The report is wrong. It IS NOT an extended mag.

This is the Tippmann 22LR magazine that has a fake (like faux news) outer cover that looks like a 223 Magazine.
This is all done to destroy the 2 Amendment. Fake News.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I don't know if it can even be converted into a 223. It is made to look like an AR.

if it could, it wouldn't be cheap. i would think you'd have to change the barrel, bolt and both receivers.
just spend the money on a proper AR.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

a 22 will kill you just as dead as a .223 or 5.56, and with a tippman if the first one don't you got 24 more chances that it will.

Samson killed a giant with a stone through the eyeball.
And a BB gun could do the same from 10 or 20 feet.

that said, if i'm gonna spend what they want for a tippman i'll just add 300 400 more and get a real ar.
This rifle from Tippman sells for about $650 to $750.00
tippmannarms.com...
You can build one for less.

edit on v152023Fridaypm30America/ChicagoFri, 14 Apr 2023 15:15:57 -05001 by Violater1 because: gfhyuko

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That was David.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Aren't these the same folks who demand you use the correct pronouns?
Any rifle that cannot fire in full auto mode can never be an "assault rifle".
Words do matter which is why we have developed common usage and dictionaries.
Yet without the power to twist meanings the left has nothing to stand on.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Samson killed a giant with a stone through the eyeball.

it was david that killed a giant, samson used the jaw bone of a jackass to kill a thousand men. he also killed a lion with his bare hands.
the only other mention of a giant being killed that i can think of is

2 Samuel 21:16-17 New American Standard Bible

16 And Ishbi-Benob, one of the descendants of Rapha, whose bronze spearhead weighed three hundred shekels and who was armed with a new sword, said he would kill David. 17 But Abishai son of Zeruiah came to David’s rescue; he struck the Philistine down and killed him.

This rifle from Tippman sells for about $650 to $750.00
tippmannarms.com...
You can build one for less.

i know that, that's why i said add 300 or 400 and buy a real one, and i'm sure you can build one for less, but i prefer buying ready made tools that i don't have to fuss with.

edit on 14-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The AR come in many calibres. I actually have one in .223. Wylde with a CMMG kit that turns it into a .22LR. The weapon is just a tool used to carry out the wishes in the heart of the user. As for me, I make holes in paper.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Is AOC okay?

When are the fences going back up?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
That was David.

Thank you.
I stand corrected.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

I don't know if it can even be converted into a 223. It is made to look like an AR.

if it could, it wouldn't be cheap. i would think you'd have to change the barrel, bolt and both receivers.
just spend the money on a proper AR.

same barrel in both. .223/.556 and .22lr. Same size bullet (diameter), same size barrel.

This rifle may have been built as a .22lr only, but I converted an AR from .223 to .22lr. I can shoot cheap, but get the same trigger action and weight as my other rifle, so it's good for training. And I kill paper as well. Sometimes a can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join