It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is the Pope trying to hide?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by junglejake
The pope is human.

That's up for debate.

How is that up for debate? DAH!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well, I know I wouldn't want anyone to see my journal -- it is my place to vent. What if the Pope said Cardinal so and so was a whiney Son of a Gun or that Bishop whosit is so stupid he can't figure how he got out of seminary let alone make it to a Bishop --He may have felt that but not want everyone to know it and then have it hurt the person he was talking about. The Pope should be allowed to have somewhere to vent those things just like I do. Everyone is entitled to some privacy especially in their thoughts.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What if the Pope said Cardinal so and so was a whiney Son of a Gun or that Bishop whosit is so stupid he can't figure how he got out of seminary let alone make it to a Bishop

So let me get this straight....If the Leader f the church thinks a Bishop is incompetent or not worthy of his stature then it should be kept a secret.....Kinda like if a Cardinal feels as though his priests are say...molesting children...he should hide that too....they are his "personal feelings"

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Mods -- please don't hit me with excessive quotes -- I feel that both quotes are necessary to what I am trying to say ....

Originally posted by _Uforia_

What if the Pope said Cardinal so and so was a whiney Son of a Gun or that Bishop whosit is so stupid he can't figure how he got out of seminary let alone make it to a Bishop

So let me get this straight....If the Leader f the church thinks a Bishop is incompetent or not worthy of his stature then it should be kept a secret.....Kinda like if a Cardinal feels as though his priests are say...molesting children...he should hide that too....they are his "personal feelings"

Ok, that is a stretch from what I said to your comment about molesting children. But yes what I said should be able to be kept secret. You have never thought something similar about anyone....and yet known deep down that it was a personal conflict you were thinking it about not the persons overall intelligence. If you can say you have never had an unkind thought about anyone ever you are a better person than I am.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If you can say you have never had an unkind thought about anyone ever you are a better person than I am.

When have i ever made that claim....and again....i am not the freakin' Pope.....I am not the leader of the catholic church...how can you compare me or yourself to the Pope....Apples and Oranges man......

I seriously refuse to believe the pope wanted his personal notes burned in order to hide the fact that when he was mad at a Cardinal one day he called him some bad names in his diary.....

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_
.I am not the leader of the catholic church...how can you compare me or yourself to the Pope....Apples and Oranges man......

I seriously refuse to believe the pope wanted his personal notes burned in order to hide the fact that when he was mad at a Cardinal one day he called him some bad names in his diary.....

Well since you refuse to believe that the Pope's personal notes were just that "Personal" I don't think we will get anywhere going on with this particular discussion. But I also have no trouble comparing myself to the man Karol Wojtyla who was first and formost in my mind a person. And yes I do think it is very possible he had some unkind thoughts he may have written down in his journal that he didn't want the world to know.

But then I am just a Presbyterian and I think that even Saints had human moments where they just wish everyone would just leave them alone or that someone was a jerk. So is it a surprise I feel the same way about the Pope?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I do not deny that some of his notes may have contained trivial personal feelings that he may not have wanted to disclose....but i also believe being the pope, there was much more to read there than wether or not he played nice with all the other kids on the playground....do you deny this?
We are speculating here my friend try to keep that in mind

top topics

<< 1   >>

join