It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope this court case creates a precedence for Tesla’s self drive facility.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   
A silly idiot was driving in suburban Melbourne in the early hors, and was too lazy to drive herself in a high density inner suburban area.

She sadly hit a pedestrian getting into a hit and run and fleeing the scene of the accident.

I do not understand with a car that is connected to gps that the program has the ability to identify where and when auto pilot can be used.

I don’t understand why the car would allow auto pilot in high density areas.

The auto pilot should say no, and only allow itself to be used only on highways.

Obviously this is a gap in its programming, and if the driver is found guilty, the victims family should then Persue civil action against Tesla, as their programming contributed to the victims severe injuries.

www.theage.com.au...

edit on 3-4-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

The driver is at fault 100%. I have no friends or foes with Tesla, but it's 100% the drivers fault!

When working with any machine, it's not the machine or machine builders fault when the user set it to automatic and something goes wrong because the user that was supposed to supervise the process, acted careless.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Wouldn’t that twist their knickers. That chick should have her license shredded.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Agreed, she us as guilty as sin. Though this does establish that there should be safeguards in place.

Though after seeing so many Tesla self drive crash videos, I wouldn’t trust it.

Common sense would be don’t use and trust it or focus 100 percent while driving.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Agreed mate, though if she gets charged and sentenced, we will foot the bill, she ain’t a citizen.

She should just be sent to Africa to work in the child slave labour lithium mines, as that’s where all ekectri vehicle batteries start.

Don’t allow the taxpayer to fund her stay at his majesties dime.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Two of my own cars have automatic safety breaking radar assistance systems. It's needed by law, you can deactivate it though. They scan the front area of the car and whenever something steps in or approaches fast on collision course, it will beep and if the driver does not react, it will do a full emergency breaking maneuver.

Point is, these systems are not a guarantee to protect 100% of the time, as well as the human can't do that. But we offset that by law saying "only able to drive as fast as circumstances allow". We humans can see this circumstances, like a van with children getting out and you notice and even though it's not a bus situation, where you are required to drive slowly, in theory a situation arises where you have to go down to a speed so you can stop at any moment.

And how many people do that, not a lot are that observant of traffic and not all the time. Instead of blaming the company, the user should be blamed for lacking a sense of reality. Because a car isn't a toy, everyone moving one or being in control or half-control of it, should be aware of that, IMHO.

But then, I am also certified race track instructor (not practicing currently) and so my viewpoint might be a bit militant.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I don’t blame you for being hard. Cars are replaceable, people are not.

Though people these days have no situational awareness, I have seen a few incidents that could have avoided a collision.

Though new cars are making it harder, gone are the days of disks and rotary switches, slide seitches to change radio station and volume, change the vent setting from floor to face to demist.

These days it’s all touch screen, it takes ten steps to put the air con on.

My in-laws have a new Lexus, to use the gps is selected from a stupidtouch pad on the centre console, along with other functions.

Manufacturers are creating more issues to contribute to driver distraction.

Give me a car from the 80s.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Tesla 'malfunction' in China:

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Auto drive is still not even close to being safe.

Ford had a major problem when it was found "bug splats" on the sensors made the thing go haywire.

Also, see what happens when you have road debris. The things cannot identify if a "Brick" is styrofoam or rock in the road.

Again, test one with dumping styrofoam bricks / debris in the road or say "couch cushions" and see what happens.
edit on 3-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join