It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Dead in Hamburg Mass Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Shame on you, ATS! I saw this before I left work, drove home, spent another 30 minutes taking care of various things, and I still don't see a thread on this.

6 dead in shooting in Hamburg.

A deadly shooting erupted at a Jehovah’s Witnesses Kingdom Hall in in Hamburg on Thursday evening, leaving several dead, according to police.

When I left, they were speculating that the perpetrator might be on the run, but now it looks like they think he might be one of the dead. Regardless, people are being told to shelter in place in the area still.

My condolences to the victims' families and other dear ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No Shame.
It's just like we all are getting tired ( mentally exhausted ) of hearing all about these crazy times that include mass shootings.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just checked on the BBC for a first look.

BBC news

It's curious how this is worded:

Hamburg's Interior Minister, Andy Grote, said on Twitter that police special forces and a large number of officers had been deployed to the scene.

Police have appealed to the public not to share assumptions or to spread rumours.

Jehovah's Witnesses are members of a Christian-based religious movement.

The denomination was founded in the USA towards the end of the 19th century, under the leadership of Charles Taze Russell. The headquarters of the movement is in New York.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
EDITED: I keep getting double posts, my apologies.
edit on 9-3-2023 by Jonjonj because: double post

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I noticed it about 15 minutes ago on MSN's breaking news banner.
I figured forum chatter would depend on the demographics as to whether or not there was an already hopping, existing thread.

Now, I could be a pessimist & wrong here, but I think if it turns out it's just an internal JW spat gone way wrong, thread interest will quickly wane. We KNOW what confirmation people are wanting here.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It could very easily be that given JWs; they're a bit odd.

But as mentioned the wording of the BBC release makes me wonder if there is other tension in the area that might lead locals to draw other possible conclusions.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We'll have to wait and see.

Respectful condolences to the victims and their families, as well as any traumatized witnesses.

(Please let it not be another "extremist right-wing conspiracy theorist gone crazy" story.)

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

It's in Germany, so it's not interesting over here. It doesn't push any agenda angles.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

here's one.

Gun control works

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Using an article from 2017 to explain away a mass shooting in Germany that just took place?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Chiago's Average tally: 4 killed, 19 wounded per weekend

We look squirrel too much playing to big news as to what they say is only important.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   
no. Using an article from 2017 to show how the strictest gun laws in Europe are really doing their job (sarcasm)..The laws haven't gotten any more lenient since then..or have You located some recent intel concerning Germanys lifting of gun restrictions..that of course didn't happen..

edit on 10-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

edit on 10-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Perpetrator wasd an ex JW. This sect is like any other sect, they brainwash people, psycologically torture them, control them etc. Looks like somebody had enough of all that BS and wanted to bring an end to it. They made him hate themselves so much that he freaked out now. The ultimate revenge maybe?

To add some conspiracy food:

A special operation command of the police needed only a minute or two to arrive at the crime scene because they had something else to do around the corner...

There is a video of a guy who lives in the house on the other side of the road, he heard shots, saw somebody shooting at that JW house, started to record and even before he realized what really is going on there (he first thought it is a juvenile with an alarm gun), police arrives at the scene.

But it is possible that the video of that guy was cut so badly that it looks like the police arrives when the perpetrator is still shooting through the window. They say that the shooting started short before 21.00 and that the first calls to the police came in at around 21.15 and after that the police arrived at the scene. Then the cops heard a last shot, that was the one the perpetrator killed himself with. But i remember, watching the live coverage on TV, somebody said (i am pretty sure it was the police spokesman)that the special operation command of the police was around the corner because of something else. And it really looked like they were there in one or two minutes after the shooting started.

But i really believe that this was some kind of ultimate revenge. On the other hand you never know, in times like these nowadays the "rulers" are happy about every distraction from what they are doing to us. And i would not go so far as to say that i do not trust them to create such actions to their and their agendas profit.

edit on 10 3 2023 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

as an aside i saw a post the other day comparing national northern european murder rates with modern us cities and you have to go back to the early or late medieval period to find similar levels to match specific us cities.. to get to modern oakland ca levels england has to go back to the anarchy (breakdown of law order/civil conflict)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

as an aside i saw a post the other day comparing national northern european murder rates with modern us cities and you have to go back to the early or late medieval period to find similar levels to match specific us cities.. to get to modern oakland ca levels england has to go back to the anarchy (breakdown of law order/civil conflict)

As most of us know guns are not really the issue. Humans will find a way and we just need to look at the shillelagh as to what humans will do when they have nothing. EU has also led America in common violence numbers for like forever, so humans will be human.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Somehow, this guy found a way.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Anarchy, huh? That sounds about right for the worst areas of US cities.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

As I said earlier in the thread JWs are odd.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
First impression is another disillusioned social misfit incapable of handling modern day life going way over the top with his grievances.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Somehow, this guy found a way.

Yea man..we always do.
Funny right..here..cheers mate..am I learning the dialect?

join