It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biblical Feasts of the Lord Prophesize Jesus' First Advent and His Return

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have recently been learning about the Feasts of the Lord and holy days (Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of First Fruits, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacles). The more I learn, the more I am amazed at how connected the spring and fall feasts are to Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection and his future return. I think knowing about the feasts and understanding them is really important and I wanted to share it with you all.

The Significance Behind the Feasts of the Lord

How many of us have information we just believe to be true, even if we haven’t checked it? I recently learned I have been
holding onto biblical information, in this case a perspective, about the biblical feasts of the Lord. When I say biblical feasts, I mean what we all think of as Jewish holidays (such as Passover and Rosh Hashanah). I thought these holidays, which are actually feast days and holy days, were intended to commemorate events from the Old Testament. These are not
Jewish feasts; in Leviticus 23:2 the Lord says “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.” The Lord’s feasts are so much more than I
thought! They are related to current Christianity, current times, and our salvation.

Looking more closely, in Exodus, God gave Moses and Aaron a message for Pharaoh, to free His people from their
captivity so they could serve and worship Him properly (Exodus 5). They had spent 430 years in captivity as slaves to
Egypt. During that time they adapted the pagan Egyptian lifestyle, including practices such as worshiping the golden calf
idol. God rescued His chosen people from their troubled situation to fulfill His covenant to bring them to the promised land. Thousands of years later, we have been grafted into the House of Israel (the grafted olive branch from Romans 11:17). A new covenant has been extended to us, where Jesus will forgive our sins and redeem us. We must repent, believe in
Jesus and follow Him. We are promised eternal life in our Heavenly Father's kingdom. It's as if every part of the Bible
foreshadows Jesus' (Yeshua) salvation for us, even the feast days. This can be seen in looking at the Tenak (what we
know as the Old Testament), which is the Torah (first five books), the Nevi’im (the books of the prophets) and the K’tuvim
(the books of poetry).

In Exodus, before the Israelites are about to leave Egypt, the first Passover (Pesach) is established. It began before the
final plague, which was the death of all the firstborn in Egypt (including Pharaoh's household and even the beasts). God
gave Israel instructions to keep Passover as a means of protection. Only those who sacrificed a male lamb (or goat)
without blemish, and put its blood on the upper door post and two side posts of the house would survive this final plague
known as the Lord's Passover (Exodus 12:11). The Israelites then ate a solemn meal, with an attitude of preparedness.
Later on, as a memorial, Passover is celebrated with an attitude of freedom; relaxed and reclining (seen in the Bible
chapters about The Last Supper).

Passover is an observance that was directly related to the Israelites surviving the last plague and finally leaving Egypt, but
it was also a foreshadowing of Jesus' death on the cross as the Passover lamb for the entire world. In fact, the Bible tells
us that Jesus died during Passover. Even the details of the feast rituals were fulfilled through Jesus (see table below). As
the Israelites flee into the desert, God establishes more feasts/ holy convocations. These spring feasts/holy days
(Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of FirstFruits, and Pentecost) match up to Jesus' first advent (or arrival) on
earth to the very day. What really amazed me was that they foretold his death (Passover), burial (Feast of Unleavened
Bread), resurrection (Feast of First Fruits), and sending of the Holy Spirit during Pentecost (Pentecost). The fall feasts
foreshadow Jesus' second coming through the Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacles.

Another way to see the importance of these feast days can be seen in the original Hebrew translations. Feasts is translated from môʿēḏ (mo-ade’; Strong’s Concordance H4150), meaning appointed place, time, or meeting. Convocation is translated from miqrā (mik-raw; Strong's H4744), meaning sacred assembly. Just the differences in these two definitions puts more emphasis on the importance. They are beyond celebrations, they are holy appointed times that are sacred gatherings. My understanding is that God wanting us to continually observe them points to them being dress rehearsals in preparation for the real event. Even the foods have significant meaning. For example, eating unleavened bread. Leaven (used to make bread dough rise, such as yeast) symbolizes sin, so eating unleavened bread for seven days signified leaving a sinful way of life and following God. This leads back to God telling Pharoah to let His people go so they could serve Him properly. They were slaves under a pagan ruler and themselves worshiping pagan gods (Exodus 32). When Yeshua (Jesus) ate the unleavened bread at The Last Supper (during Passover) with His disciples, it was also a connection to the Passover lamb, the blood on the doorpost, and the angel passing over as Jesus conquered death. In Matthew 26:26-29 Jesus says to His disciples 26 “And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, ‘Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.’” The apostle Paul also spoke of Jesus becoming our sin in 2 Corinthians 5:21 21 “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” Passover, through the ritual of sacrificing the lamb, foreshadowed the sacrifice that Jesus made for us all.

What is a good reason to observe the feasts? To be prepared for the next big event; Jesus is coming back! I imagine the more we observe the feasts and learn about them, the more we will understand what they mean and what to be prepared for. In John 5:46, Jesus says,46 “‘For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.’” Jesus is in every one of these feasts prophetically.

Links to Full Article:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4 - table with descriptions
Part 5 - table with resources

God bless you all!
edit on 26-2-2023 by WatchinforJesus because: Some of the post's format was incorrect (some sentences were not aligned)

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchinforJesus

This is the main reason many Christians suspect the Rapture will happen on Rosh Hashanah otherwise knows as The Feast of Trumpets. No man knows the day or the hour when the feast of trumpets will begin.

robertcliftonrobinson.com...

Many people are not aware of the meaning behind the phrase that Jesus spoke, concerning the time of His return to earth, during the Rapture.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. Matthew 24:36

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. Matthew 25:13

We must remember that Jesus is a Jew, and when He spoke He was speaking to primarily Jews. When Jesus spoke, He communicated in Hebrew and expressed His thoughts in a way that would be understood by the Jews who listened to Him.

The Fifth Feast of Israel is called “Rosh Hashanah,” or “The Feast of Trumpets.” It begins on the first day of the seventh month in the Jewish calendar. In the mind of the Jew who is thinking of Rosh Hashanah, this would be the start of “The Day of the Lord,” the one thousand year reign of the Messiah on earth. This would also mark the time of the resurrection. This important Feast of Israel is signaled by the New Moon. This is the time when the moon is invisible to the earth, and just slightly before, when it appears as a small crescent. Over the next two weeks, more of the moon appears, until it is finally a “Full Moon.”

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Every culture seemed to have their feasts, sacrifices and celebrations-even modern society. Most people call it 'payday' now.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

My friends and I have repeatedly discussed which feast the rapture might revolve around. Something recently led me to research it again and I stumbled across this...

The traditional view of the Rapture, the “harvest” at the end of the age, is that there is only one harvest, and then comes the end. However, Scripture gives abundant witness to show that it actually consists of three separate phases that differ in timing, as well as in the crop harvested.

These three phases of the harvest are: the barley crop, the wheat crop, and the crop of grapes. Our Lord is profoundly merciful, and does not want anyone to be lost forever. All three positions are correct. There is a Pre-Tribulation, Mid-Tribulation, and Post-Tribulation Rapture, symbolized by the 3 main feasts:

raptureandendtimes.com...

Just more food for thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Read The Epistle of Barnabas (NOT the gospel of Barnabas). (Barnabas: the one who traveled around with Paul, while Paul was in the beginning of his ministry; book of Acts) Add what he states about the significance of the laws regarding food, and add that to this.

Now, in that Moses said, "Ye shall not eat swine, nor an eagle, nor a hawk, nor a crow, nor any fish which has no scales on itself," he included three doctrines in his understanding.

Chapter 10

2 Moreover he says to them in Deuteronomy, "And I will make a covenant of my ordinances with this people." So then the ordinance of God is not abstinence from eating, but Moses spoke in the spirit.

3 He mentioned the swine for this reason: you shall not consort, he means, with men who are like swine, that is to say, when they have plenty they forget the Lord, but when they are in want they recognise the Lord, just as the swine when it eats does not know its master, but when it is hungry it cries out, and after receiving food is again silent.

4 "Neither shalt thou eat the eagle nor the hawk nor the kite nor the crow." Thou shalt not, he means, join thyself or make thyself like to such men, as do not know how to gain their food by their labour and sweat, but plunder other people's property in their iniquity, and lay wait for it, though they seem to walk in innocence, and look round to see whom they may plunder in their covetousness, just as these birds alone provide no food for themselves, but sit idle, and seek how they may devour the flesh of others, and become pestilent in their iniquity.

5 "Thou shalt not eat," he says, "the lamprey nor the polypus nor the cuttlefish." Thou shalt not, he means, consort with or become like such men who are utterly ungodly and who are already condemned to death, just as these fish alone are accursed, and float in the deep water, not swimming like the others but living on the ground at the bottom of the sea.

6 Note what was commanded: "Take two goats, goodly and alike, and offer them, and let the priest take the one as a burnt offering for sins."

7 But what are they to do with the other? "The other," he says, "is accursed." Notice how the type of Jesus is manifested:

8 "And do ye all spit on it, and goad it, and bind the scarlet wool about its head, and so let it be cast into the desert." And when it is so done, he who takes the goat into the wilderness drives it forth, and takes away the wool, and puts it upon a shrub which is called Rachel, of which we are accustomed to eat the shoots when we find them in the country: thus of Rachel alone is the fruit sweet

9 Moses received three doctrines concerning food and thus spoke of them in the Spirit; but they received them as really referring to food, owing to the lust of their flesh.

10 But David received knowledge concerning the same three doctrines, and says: "Blessed is the man who has not gone in the counsel of the ungodly" as the fishes go in darkness in the deep waters, "and has not stood in the way of sinners" like those who seem to fear the Lord, but sin like the swine, "and has not sat in the seat of the scorners" like the birds who sit and wait for their prey. Grasp fully the doctrines concerning food.

11 Moses says again, "Eat of every animal that is cloven hoofed and ruminant." What does he mean? That he who receives food knows him who feeds him, and rests on him and seems to rejoice. Well did he speak with regard to the commandment. What then does he mean? Consort with those who fear the Lord, with those who meditate in their heart on the meaning of the word which they have received, with those who speak of and observe the ordinances of the Lord, with those who know that meditation is a work of gladness, and who ruminate on the word of the Lord. But what does "the cloven hoofed" mean? That the righteous both walks in this world and looks forward to the holy age. See how well Moses legislated.

12 But how was it possible for them to understand or comprehend these things? But we having a righteous understanding of them announce the commandments as the Lord wished. For this cause he circumcised our hearing and our hearts that we should comprehend these things.

edit on 26-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

Just some more common knowledge to add to what you're cookin up here. But if you read the whole book, and it's short, you'll see where he explains how Jesus was all throughout the Law as well. Like in the scapegoat law. How the scapegoat was a representation of Jesus. The epistle describes it out very well. Worth checking out.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Chapter 7
Understand therefore, children of gladness, that the good Lord made all things plain beforehand to us, that we should know him to whom we ought to give thanks and praise for everything.

2 If then the Son of God, though he was the Lord and was "destined to judge the living and the dead" suffered in order that his wounding might make us alive, let us believe that the Son of God could not suffer except for our sakes.

3 But moreover when he was crucified "he was given to drink vinegar and gall." Listen how the priests of the Temple foretold this. The commandment was written, "Whosoever does not keep the fast shall die the death," and the Lord commanded this because he himself was going to offer the vessel of the spirit as a sacrifice for our sins, in order that the type established in Isaac, who was offered upon the altar, might be fulfilled.

4 What then does he say in the Prophet? "And let them eat of the goat which is offered in the fast for all their sins." Attend carefully, -- "and let all the priests alone eat the entrails unwashed with vinegar."

5 Why? Because you are going "to give to me gall and vinegar to drink" when I am on the point of offering my flesh for my new people, therefore you alone shall eat, while the people fast and mourn in sackcloth and ashes, to show that he must suffer for them.

6 Note what was commanded: "Take two goats, goodly and alike, and offer them, and let the priest take the one as a burnt offering for sins."

7 But what are they to do with the other? "The other," he says, "is accursed." Notice how the type of Jesus is manifested:

8 "And do ye all spit on it, and goad it, and bind the scarlet wool about its head, and so let it be cast into the desert." And when it is so done, he who takes the goat into the wilderness drives it forth, and takes away the wool, and puts it upon a shrub which is called Rachel, of which we are accustomed to eat the shoots when we find them in the country: thus of Rachel alone is the fruit sweet.

9 What does this mean? Listen: "the first goat is for the altar, but the other is accursed," and note that the one that is accursed is crowned, because then "they will see him" on that day with the long scarlet robe "down to the feet" on his body, and they will say, "Is not this he whom we once crucified and rejected and pierced and spat upon? Of a truth it was he who then said that he was the Son of God."

10 But how is he like to the goat? For this reason: "the goats shall be alike, beautiful, and a pair," in order that when they see him come at that time they may be astonished at the likeness of the goat. See then the type of Jesus destined to suffer.

11 But why is it that they put the wool in the middle of the thorns? It is a type of Jesus placed in the Church, because whoever wishes to take away the scarlet wool must suffer much because the thorns are terrible and he can gain it only through pain. Thus he says, "those who will see me, and attain to my kingdom must lay hold of me through pain and suffering."

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I do not prescribe to a particular Rapture theory though I do lean most heavily on the chances of Mid then Pre.

Be ready for any / all possibilities.

edit on 26-2-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

He returns twice. Remember what was said as he ascended into the clouds? "This is the same way you will see him return "He is not staying or touching down this time. That does not correlate with the final way he returns. When he makes his 2nd coming and touches down on the Mount of Olives, he comes with a white beard, sword in mouth, and he is drenched in blood from head to toe. He comes to rule with an iron fist. The saints behind him include you, and I and all those taken previous, including those of the Old Testament, David, Jacob, Moses, Daniel, Samson. Thats us following him into battle. But we wont have to raise a hand. He smites the armies surrounding Jerusalem with only a word. Their eyes melt in their sockets, and tongues melt in their mouths, they are incinerated in an instant.

My dad prints out the Jewish holy days calendar for me, and we watch certain dates in particular. Pentecost/ Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Feast of Trumpets. It appears that Rabbi Jonathan Cahn is looking at the Feast of Trumpets as a likely date for the beginning of the Tribulation. This year? Next year? Don't know. Jewish Pentecost is a date that may be favored for the Harpadzo. Again, don't know the time or day, but due to current events, I think you can bet it is soon.

And soon, the rest of the world will have the powerful messiah (the fake one, the Antichrist) they always wanted! A very intelligent, powerful man, with seemingly all the answers. There will be a treaty signed, and Israel will rebuild the temple. Then 3 1/2 years in , It hits the fan, and all hell breaks loose. May see some aliens (fallen beings) around this time.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Apophis and the Year 2029.

Should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   

April 13, 2029

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WatchinforJesus
... in Leviticus 23:2 the Lord says “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.” The Lord’s feasts ...

Leviticus 23:2 Hebrew Text Analysis (Biblehub)

Go ahead, have a look at what it's really called. And whether or not the Hebrew word for "lord" (ʼAdho·naiʹ) appears in the Hebrew text.

Deuteronomy 4:2
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

2 You must not add to the word that I am commanding you, neither must you take away from it, so as to keep the commandments of Jehovah your God that I am commanding you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 (NW)

32 Every word that I am commanding you is what you should be careful to do. You must not add to it nor take away from it.

Proverbs 30:5, 6 (NW)

5 Every saying of God is refined.

He is a shield to those taking refuge in him.

6 Add nothing to his words,

Or he will reprove you,

And you will be proved a liar.

Appendix A4 The Divine Name in the Hebrew Scriptures (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition))

The divine name, represented by the four Hebrew consonants יהוה, appears nearly 7,000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. This translation renders those four letters, known as the Tetragrammaton, “Jehovah.” That name is by far the most frequently occurring name in the Bible. While the inspired writers refer to God by many titles and descriptive terms, such as “Almighty,” “Most High,” and “Lord,” the Tetragrammaton is the only personal name they use to identify God.

Jehovah God himself directed Bible writers to use his name. For example, he inspired the prophet Joel to write: “Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” (Joel 2:32) And God caused one psalmist to write: “May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” (Psalm 83:18) In fact, the divine name appears some 700 times in the book of Psalms alone—a book of poetic writings that were to be sung and recited by God’s people. Why, then, is God’s name missing from many Bible translations? Why does this translation use the form “Jehovah”? And what does the divine name, Jehovah, mean?

Spoiler alert (cause I'm not going to quote that part): it doesn't mean "lord".

Why is the name missing from many Bible translations? The reasons vary. Some feel that Almighty God does not need a unique name to identify him. Others appear to have been influenced by the Jewish tradition of avoiding the use of the name, perhaps out of fear of desecrating it. Still others believe that since no one can be sure of the exact pronunciation of God’s name, it is better just to use a title, such as “Lord” or “God.” Such objections, however, lack merit for the following reasons:

- Those who argue that Almighty God does not need a unique name ignore evidence that early copies of his Word, including those preserved from before the time of Christ, contain God’s personal name. As noted above, God directed that his name be included in his Word some 7,000 times. Obviously, he wants us to know and use his name.

- Translators who remove the name out of deference to Jewish tradition fail to recognize a key fact. While some Jewish scribes refused to pronounce the name, they did not remove it from their copies of the Bible. Ancient scrolls found in Qumran, near the Dead Sea, contain the name in many places. Some Bible translators hint that the divine name appeared in the original text by substituting the title “LORD” in capital letters. But the question remains, Why have these translators felt free to substitute or remove God’s name from the Bible when they acknowledge that it is found in the Bible text thousands of times? Who do they believe gave them authority to make such a change? Only they can say.

- Those who say that the divine name should not be used because it is not known exactly how to pronounce it will nevertheless freely use the name Jesus. However, Jesus’ first-century disciples said his name quite differently from the way most Christians do today. To Jewish Christians, the name Jesus was probably pronounced Ye·shuʹa‛. And the title “Christ” was Ma·shiʹach, or “Messiah.” Greek-speaking Christians called him I·e·sousʹ Khri·stosʹ, and Latin-speaking Christians Ieʹsus Chriʹstus. Under inspiration, the Greek translation of his name was recorded in the Bible, showing that first-century Christians followed the sensible course of using the form of the name common in their language. Similarly, the New World Bible Translation Committee feels that it is reasonable to use the form “Jehovah,” even though that rendering is not exactly the way the divine name would have been pronounced in ancient Hebrew.

edit on 27-2-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I think you're losing it.

The scripture was in quotes and the rest was his own commentary. He did not add or take anything away from scripture.

And don't get me started on how the Jehovah Witnesses misinterpret scriptures enough to create their own "New World Translation".

In fact you may want to take a look at that last paragraph that you used to try and make your point. It contradicts everything you claim to believe. It mentions all the different names of Jesus and then ends it with the name Jehovah Witnesses use for God the Father instead of Jesus. Why even mention the different names of Jesus in different languages if that paragraph is really about the "correct" name for God the Father, based on Jehovah Witnesses' beliefs? Huh?

Do you have any thoughts on the Jewish feasts and how they relate to Jesus or are you just going to keep lecturing people on the name of God and miss the point of this thread?

edit on 27-2-2023 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: whereislogic

I think you're losing it.

The scripture was in quotes and the rest was his own commentary. He did not add or take anything away from scripture.

I did not say so, so no need to point it out/bring it up, possibly giving some people, including the OP, the impression that I did, or implied as much, which could stir up strife (Pr 15:18) and sow contention (Pr 6:19). It is however a fact that many Bible translators have taken away God's name (in their translations) and replaced it with "the LORD", "God" or "the Lord", in places where the Hebrew words for "god" and "lord" do not appear, therefore also adding to the Scriptures. Thousands of times. For the reasons explained in the appendix to the NW that I quoted from.

And don't get me started on how the Jehovah Witnesses misinterpret scriptures enough to create their own "New World Translation".
That is a false accusation (unlike the facts/truths I mentioned). But it's rather ironic coming from someone that defends the behaviour just described above by treating it as trivial and off-topic (even though the OP was talking about "the Lord's feasts", which is not what the Bible calls these feasts), sees no issues with it and talks past it. Even 'complains' to someone daring to merely bring it up or point it out, merely encouraging someone else to just go have a look so they can see it for themselves, without making any accusations, let alone false ones. Would you prefer that people remain in darkness about this? Surely you don't want to be like the people described at Jeremiah 23:27 as “they intend to make my people forget my name” (“declares Jehovah”, says verse 28)?

I hope hearing or reading the name Jehovah does not make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, cause that would not be a good sign. “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” asked one of the Pharisees. Jesus said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”—Matt. 22:34-40. Jesus was of course referring to Deut 6:5 when quoting what he himself called “the greatest and first commandment”. Regarding the second commandment, if you're ever wondering whether to count Jehovah's witnesses as your neighbors, I recommend Jesus' illustration about the Samaritan when discussing these 2 commandments with a man versed in the Jewish Law (Luke 10:25-37). You're probably familiar with it. But it can't hurt to read it again, perhaps this time in a slightly different translation.

Or how about Isaiah 45:

In fact you may want to take a look at that last paragraph that you used to try and make your point. It contradicts everything you claim to believe. It mentions all the different names of Jesus and then ends it with the name Jehovah Witnesses use for God the Father instead of Jesus. Why even mention the different names of Jesus in different languages if that paragraph is really about the "correct" name for God the Father, based on Jehovah Witnesses' beliefs? Huh?

I suspect you know quite well why they brought that up and why you're talking past the actual point there, since it was explained perfectly well, right there (as well as what they were responding to). No need to pretend it contradicts 'everything I claim to believe.' Really, everything? My comment wasn't even primarily about my beliefs, just listing facts/truths and quoting an honest accurate translation of the Bible.

edit on 27-2-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The Word of God > The Holy Bible > Saint Matthew > Chapter 24, verses 35 to 37.

But let's play with Friday the 13th on "a" calendar, because lol.

Stop. The word rapture is in the Book as many times as pope.

Then there is the warning about personal interpretation versus discernment by the Holy Spirit.

UNLESS, your copy starts with "Once upon a time..."
Steps away from the synagogue of Satan's blast zone. Turns to salt, too. Damn.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

This is the main reason many Christians suspect the Rapture will happen...

Christians don't believe in the rapture.

Jesus was more like the first reformation... for the Jews
edit on 27-2-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
To point out all of the errors in your lack of understanding and interpretation (clear down to the name Jehovah) would derail the topic of this thread, so unless you have something to contribute regarding feasts, I will be ignoring the remainder of your posts like I normally do.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid

Stop. The word rapture is in the Book as many times as pope.

Sure. Let's use the original Greek term, "harpazo" or the English translation meaning "caught up", like what happened in
2 Corinthians, chapter 2.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

This is the main reason many Christians suspect the Rapture will happen on Rosh Hashanah otherwise knows as The Feast of Trumpets. No man knows the day or the hour when the feast of trumpets will begin. robertcliftonrobinson.com... Many people are not aware of the meaning behind the phrase that Jesus spoke, concerning the time of His return to earth, during the Rapture. “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. Matthew 24:36 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. Matthew 25:13 We must remember that Jesus is a Jew, and when He spoke He was speaking to primarily Jews. When Jesus spoke, He communicated in Hebrew and expressed His thoughts in a way that would be understood by the Jews who listened to Him. The Fifth Feast of Israel is called “Rosh Hashanah,” or “The Feast of Trumpets.” It begins on the first day of the seventh month in the Jewish calendar. In the mind of the Jew who is thinking of Rosh Hashanah, this would be the start of “The Day of the Lord,” the one thousand year reign of the Messiah on earth. This would also mark the time of the resurrection. This important Feast of Israel is signaled by the New Moon. This is the time when the moon is invisible to the earth, and just slightly before, when it appears as a small crescent. Over the next two weeks, more of the moon appears, until it is finally a “Full Moon.”

Thank you for sharing this info. My husband and I have been pouring over this information and trying to find out what God wants us to do. This is another layer of information to add. I hope to comment more soon after we've gone through the links you gave.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Read The Epistle of Barnabas (NOT the gospel of Barnabas). (Barnabas: the one who traveled around with Paul, while Paul was in the beginning of his ministry; book of Acts) Add what he states about the significance of the laws regarding food, and add that to this. Now, in that Moses said, "Ye shall not eat swine, nor an eagle, nor a hawk, nor a crow, nor any fish which has no scales on itself," he included three doctrines in his understanding. Chapter 10 2 Moreover he says to them in Deuteronomy, "And I will make a covenant of my ordinances with this people." So then the ordinance of God is not abstinence from eating, but Moses spoke in the spirit. 3 He mentioned the swine for this reason: you shall not consort, he means, with men who are like swine, that is to say, when they have plenty they forget the Lord, but when they are in want they recognise the Lord, just as the swine when it eats does not know its master, but when it is hungry it cries out, and after receiving food is again silent. 4 "Neither shalt thou eat the eagle nor the hawk nor the kite nor the crow." Thou shalt not, he means, join thyself or make thyself like to such men, as do not know how to gain their food by their labour and sweat, but plunder other people's property in their iniquity, and lay wait for it, though they seem to walk in innocence, and look round to see whom they may plunder in their covetousness, just as these birds alone provide no food for themselves, but sit idle, and seek how they may devour the flesh of others, and become pestilent in their iniquity. 5 "Thou shalt not eat," he says, "the lamprey nor the polypus nor the cuttlefish." Thou shalt not, he means, consort with or become like such men who are utterly ungodly and who are already condemned to death, just as these fish alone are accursed, and float in the deep water, not swimming like the others but living on the ground at the bottom of the sea. 6 Note what was commanded: "Take two goats, goodly and alike, and offer them, and let the priest take the one as a burnt offering for sins." 7 But what are they to do with the other? "The other," he says, "is accursed." Notice how the type of Jesus is manifested: 8 "And do ye all spit on it, and goad it, and bind the scarlet wool about its head, and so let it be cast into the desert." And when it is so done, he who takes the goat into the wilderness drives it forth, and takes away the wool, and puts it upon a shrub which is called Rachel, of which we are accustomed to eat the shoots when we find them in the country: thus of Rachel alone is the fruit sweet 9 Moses received three doctrines concerning food and thus spoke of them in the Spirit; but they received them as really referring to food, owing to the lust of their flesh. 10 But David received knowledge concerning the same three doctrines, and says: "Blessed is the man who has not gone in the counsel of the ungodly" as the fishes go in darkness in the deep waters, "and has not stood in the way of sinners" like those who seem to fear the Lord, but sin like the swine, "and has not sat in the seat of the scorners" like the birds who sit and wait for their prey. Grasp fully the doctrines concerning food. 11 Moses says again, "Eat of every animal that is cloven hoofed and ruminant." What does he mean? That he who receives food knows him who feeds him, and rests on him and seems to rejoice. Well did he speak with regard to the commandment. What then does he mean? Consort with those who fear the Lord, with those who meditate in their heart on the meaning of the word which they have received, with those who speak of and observe the ordinances of the Lord, with those who know that meditation is a work of gladness, and who ruminate on the word of the Lord. But what does "the cloven hoofed" mean? That the righteous both walks in this world and looks forward to the holy age. See how well Moses legislated. 12 But how was it possible for them to understand or comprehend these things? But we having a righteous understanding of them announce the commandments as the Lord wished. For this cause he circumcised our hearing and our hearts that we should comprehend these things. edit on 26-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given) edit on 26-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given) edit on 26-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given) Just some more common knowledge to add to what you're cookin up here. But if you read the whole book, and it's short, you'll see where he explains how Jesus was all throughout the Law as well. Like in the scapegoat law. How the scapegoat was a representation of Jesus. The epistle describes it out very well. Worth checking out. edit on 26-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given) edit on 26-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given) edit on 26-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for sharing this, I have been reading it. I'm very interested in what the laws in the Old Testament mean. I was thinking that if there are spiritual components to this physical world, there must be significance behind everything that is written in the Word of God, even if we don't understand it.

Along those same lines, my husband and I were listening to this week's Torah portions (Vayakhel-Pekudei Torah : Exodus 35:1-40:38| Prophets : Ezekiel 45:16-46:18| Gospel : John 13:1-19; Luke 16:1-13) which was focusing on the building of the Tabernacle in the desert. Everything was built with such intention and specific instructions. Everything had an order, so I keep thinking that in addition to the order, the must be a reason for everything as well. My husband asked me to pause the recording and said the Tabernacle reminded him of some type of computer chip or conduit, that is maybe connected to something in heaven. He said he was thinking of the metals used and that they must have associated frequencies and the color spectrum may have importance too. I was floored, because this was also something I had been wondering about. Although it's a theory, it did rejuvenate my excitement to continue reading. I stopped feeling like it was something to get through and felt like it was very important information to discover. There is so much we don't know. I want to stay excited to continue reading.

I look forward to learning more.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I wanted to add, that Nehemiah 8 and Deuteronomy 4 helped with some insight on the importance of the feasts. Keeping the feasts reminds us of history, repentance, gratefulness, and being in a state of preparedness for Jesus' return. In Deuteronomy 4:5-10, the people of Israel are reminded to remember and observe the decrees and laws and to teach them to their children.

In Nehemiah 8, the Israelites have just returned from captivity, Ezra the scribe and priest, begins reading the Book of the Law of Moses to the people. He and the men helping him helped the people understand how they should be living. They began to weep and were grieved [I can only imagine how different their society must have been, living many years in captivity in pagan nations, Ezra was reminding them]. A beautiful moment was that the Feast of Tabernacles were also reinstated that day. Ezra reminded them that it was a holy day to celebrate.

I am thinking that the feasts are multi-faceted. They are joyous, celebratory occasions, but also solemn, they are reminders of God's love and His covenant with us and that He personally accompanies His people. They are also foreshadows of actual events. I think that observing the feasts would help to keep us in a state of closeness to God, that would help keep us prepared. What are your thoughts?

top topics

join